Tooj

I dont buy that at all. I think in the last few games he played up top a lot more and and did miss a few chances with his confidence looking a bit lacking. But he certainly played off the top for much of his games with Cisse and that's the reason the goals dried up.

Whilst I think the idea of looking for a more out and out wide player to compliment the team would benefit us, to disregard a player of Ba's quality would be a massive mistake.

Edited by David Kelly

That's all very well and good, but the reality is we'll be sitting through Ramadam again watching him miss every chance that comes his way before he starts to pick up some form later in the year, upon which his knees will explode and put him out of action for 12 months. And that £7 million will be looking a lot more attractive then. Unfortunately the going rate for players without the use of their knees is about £7, including agents' fees, not £7 million. So we will have egg on our faces. Our only hope then will be stem-cell research, and that again is costly.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Another factor (I don't know how significant) is that it's a fairly widely held belief that he helped attract and settle Cisse, and if we flog one Demba it might make us more likely to end up with no Dembas.

That's all very well and good, but the reality is we'll be sitting through Ramadam again watching him miss every chance that comes his way before he starts to pick up some form later in the year, upon which his knees will explode and put him out of action for 12 months. And that £7 million will be looking a lot more attractive then. Unfortunately the going rate for players without the use of their knees is about £7, including agents' fees, not £7 million. So we will have egg on our faces. Our only hope then will be stem-cell research, and that again is costly.

Umm because Ramadan starts in July this year it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

I agree his performances weren't the same as the start of the season when he was near unstoppable, but he did play a useful role on the left nonetheless and if he was the main man instead of Cisse he would have scored a fair few himself. Its a bit hasty of us to be wanting to sell just because of the barren patch. If he hadn't shown heart or commitment or lost interest then you could have justified it.

Anyway if he shows the slightest bit of inclination towards staying and doing something about that clause then I think we should keep him.

What? :lol:

I dont know, didnt see that game so dont know about this 'incident' . But in general over the last half of the season I cant complain of lack of effort in his performances.

Edited by aimaad22

On top of the lack of facts in the Ramadan point, why do you expect a player who showed no signs of injuries at all last season to suddenly go all to shite next? We all know about his knees but he was one of our fittest players!

The biggest argument against him is actually the ANC which of course is just as pertinent to Cisse (who has of course had a great start to his career here but could well find it much tougher next season when he's more of a known quantity). But really that says we need more in the squad than it does we need to replace either one of them.

We may find that the decision is taken out of our hands but I think it will take some going to do better than what we currently have!

On top of the lack of facts in the Ramadan point, why do you expect a player who showed no signs of injuries at all last season to suddenly go all to shite next? We all know about his knees but he was one of our fittest players!

The biggest argument against him is actually the ANC which of course is just as pertinent to Cisse (who has of course had a great start to his career here but could well find it much tougher next season when he's more of a known quantity). But really that says we need more in the squad than it does we need to replace either one of them.

We may find that the decision is taken out of our hands but I think it will take some going to do better than what we currently have!

I wasn't suggesting that his form will deteriorate during Ramadam every year; however, it is a FACT that his form was poor during Ramadam which only goes to further illustrate the FACT that he is incapable of sustaining high performance levels throughout a season. Here is an interesting statistic to back up these facts:

Demba Ba goals after the ACN -- ZERO

Regarding his fitness, I think Ba is one of those players, like Ryan Giggs, who will not run at full pelt for fear of their internal organs exploding (Giggs has stated on many occasions that he hasn't run at top speed for a decade to preserve his hamstrings). If ever his knee feels a bit wobbly, we won't be seeing any lung-bursting runs from Demba; instead he will be sharing knock-knock jokes and recipes for syrup-based meals with opposition defenders. When his knee is feeling ok, we will see a run in which he scores many goals, as he did during his 16 goal spell this season last. Unfortunately, due to the degenerative nature of his knees, the ratio of 'wobbly-knee' periods versus 'nee bother with me knee' periods will increase exponentially, until he is forced to retire, or play with a zimmerframe. Thus the logical conclusion is to sell him while there is still demand for him in the market, ie now.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

The only FACT is that you're talking shite. Don't know why I bothered trying to have a reasonable discussion with you about it when you're unable to distinguish the world inside your head to the one the rest of us inhabit. My bad.

I agree.. Cant complain about the Ba, Cisse combination.. Hopefully Ba will stay and if he does we still need to sign another quality striker.. Playing european football will be taxing next year and with another quality striker on board it will be money well spent.

When Ba was playing in Cisse's position, he was deadly but he won't be playing there again unless we either sell Cisse or he gets injured. Playing to the left of Cisse just didn't work for Ba. His touch and control was awkward and cumbersome and he lacked creativity. If we continue to play him in this position, I for one wouldn't mind him departing, as long as we replace him with someone who can play in that position.

Of course we should be holding on to Ba.

Fantastic first half of the season and that goal against Man U.

Although struggled towards the end of the season, when Cisse arrived he was a constant threat and goal maker.

Can cover upfront if Cisse gets injured rather than Shola.

What if Cisses form drops? Rather have another proven goalscorer ready to slot in.

BA was the main man now he's playing wider and Cisse is banging them in, he's been unlucky and also forced some class saves. How anyone can have a go at him is astounding.

Aye, still playing really well. Has hit the woodwork plenty times as well so it's not like he's been spooning chances left, right and centre. Had one good chance against Liverpool (or was it Man City?) that he really should have put away but aside from that, barely put a foot wrong.

I must be in the minority then. His close control in the wider position hasn't been great. He gives the ball away way too easily and he fumbles with it. We all know he can score and has been unlucky with the woodwork and some outstanding saves but aside from that, i am not seeing what you guys are seeing. He is an absolute asset in that central role granted, but not sold otherwise.

Will be a shame to lose him but by all accounts, he has people around him with a very clear view for his career. At least we can be confident in him being replaced but we're going to need two strikers now since we're only going to have the Cisse/Shola wonderteam.