Tooj

Rumours were of his agent offering him about in the summer so no reason to not think the same will happen again in January.

With his buy out clause and not being flexible about his position he's becoming more hassle than he's worth and by Pardew coming out with this I think he feels the same.

He's going to have to keep his form up or he won't get anyone to meet the clause if the summer is anything to go by.

The fucker about all of this is that if he does leave, we cant replace him with the same quality for the same money we'd get in.

Stupid thing to say given we got him on a free I know ;)

It would appear to be a strange time to do so.

I think his hands been somewhat forced by the agent and Pardews making it clear we won't start Ba because he threatens to leave, he'll use him as he sees fit and then get rid of him.

Sad that the harmony seems to be a bit dented and that a lot of our players are starting to fall into the typical fuck the fans give me a raise routine.

I trust Pardew on this one, I don't want to go back to player power being bigger than team spirit.

The fucker about all of this is that if he does leave, we cant replace him with the same quality for the same money we'd get in.

Stupid thing to say given we got him on a free I know ;)

If Pardew thinks 4-3-3 is our best formation then he can buy a player that may he inferior to Ba as an individual but makes us a better team.

The worry is he sells him in January and decides to wait until next summer to replace him so he can see how the situation with Carroll plays out at West Ham.

Sad that the harmony seems to be a bit dented and that a lot of our players are starting to fall into the typical fuck the fans give me a raise routine.

I trust Pardew on this one, I don't want to go back to player power being bigger than team spirit.

a lot?

Ba's problem is evidently the people surrounding him are all pricks who are constantly whispering in his ear.

I think ultimately he's happy when he's doing well and is the main man in the team, but when it's not going his way (ie the scoring drought) he gets his head turned too easily. I'd be gutted to lose him, he's easily a £15m striker and when he's on his top game then no defences in the league can cope with him easily.

If he did go, I'd like to see us take the money raised and re-sign Carroll. £15m, direct replacement. Although the worry of course then would be the team resorting to hoofball more often, but at least Caroll can be effective in that regard.

It seems his agents like to spout off without really consulting him because when he speaks he always says he's happy.

Mind you I've no doubt he didn't like going so long without scoring last season and Cisse getting all the aclaim. As this happened at the same time as we moved him out wide then he understandably blamed that. But I honestly beleive it was just one of those things and if we stuck with it, he'd still score plenty and be a lot happier. He just needs the confidence to stick with it. I don't think we'll get the chance to test that theory though as I think he'll now sulk and Pardew's hand will be forced if he tries it. Pardew now needs to come up with a plan b, which so far seems to be trying to play the two of them up top with Ben Arfa in behind. Time will tell if this works but I have my doubts because of the lack of quality coming in from the fullbacks.

I don't think it makes much difference if Pardew says there is a clause in the contract. I'm sure the agent will make sure everybody knows as thats his job.

I'm beginning to think for Ba, read Anelka. Good players both, but always listening to the whispers and getting unsettled themselves, and possibly affecting the team morale.

We haven't actually heard anything from Ba yet have we? All I see him say on Twitter is 'Ignore the rumours, I'm staying', 'I love NUFC' etc

His agent seems to be stirring to get him a raise and a higher percentage for himself. Ba seems to be trying a lot harder on the pitch than a lot of our players currently too which suggests he hasn't spat his dummy out as reported.

The bizarre bit is Pardew AGAIN publicly hawking Ba about. I'd understand if he was on £100kpw or we were looking for £20mil for him, but it makes no sense to be desperate to get rid of him for a few million.

Basically, it seems MA, Pardew and Ba's agent are having a bit of a barney through the press. The one innocent party atm seems to be Ba himself

Ba's history would suggest he's anything but innocent.

Exactly. He has a history of doing this so I really don't see why anyone is surprised. As much as I love Ben Arfa I expect him to shaft us the same way. We can't really complain when players we acquired on the cheap due to holding their clubs to ransom do the same to us.

Sneaky feeling AP wouldnt mind selling him in January like, I do like Ba but i have said before, actually letting him go would help the side.

Just an opinion and many will disagree and say it would be stupid losing his goals, maybe, but it would mean we could commit to the 4231 system, go with one striker but with an attacking trio in behind Cisse.

Sneaky feeling AP wouldnt mind selling him in January like, I do like Ba but i have said before, actually letting him go would help the side.

Just an opinion and many will disagree and say it would be stupid losing his goals, maybe, but it would mean we could commit to the 4231 system, go with one striker but with an attacking trio in behind Cisse.

EDIT: Obviously we would need to re-invest. Bring in at least 1 young striker to challenge Cisse. Shola as back up.

Exactly. He has a history of doing this so I really don't see why anyone is surprised. As much as I love Ben Arfa I expect him to shaft us the same way. We can't really complain when players we acquired on the cheap due to holding their clubs to ransom do the same to us.

Just enjoying Ben Arfa while we can, he'd easily get into the first teams of a fair few of the big teams in Europe.

I might be a soopafan and wait for the NUFC team bus so I can ask him to sign me shirt at the Reading game.

I'm sure Pardew was hinting at it (Cabaye) at the start of the season.

Cisse supposedly had the hump about not being allowed to play for Senegal (at the Olympics??) too.

Edited by Asprilla