Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

I know it's not Newcastle, but there's a couple of Yorkshire stricken fellows on here.

Sukhothai was excellent food, massive portions and reasonable prices. I just had a red curry because the girlfriend's friends aren't that experimental with food so if they didn't like theirs, they could have mine. Needn't have bothered as they all wolfed down as much of their main as they could manage.

Jamie's Italian was... well it's trading on his name. Top class service, but the food was pretty average in my opinion. The three of us who ate there were left a little underwhelmed.

• 4 months later...

Took dear old mother to the Matfen Hall yesterday afternoon for what was a superb dining experience.if you haven't been here yet it's really worth the trip out for Sunday Lunch.

At £22 a head it's a treat, not a regular occurrence, but for two hours you will sit in the finest setting, be waited on superbly and taste some of the most delicious food you will ever eat.

All four of us had varying items off the menu and no one was disappointed.

Tea in the drawing room before lunch in the library is the only way to do it.

Plus it's where Dr Gloom got married. :)

(Also had a wonderful cheese board which I will share in Parkys cheese thread later).

Took dear old mother to the Matfen Hall yesterday afternoon for what was a superb dining experience.if you haven't been here yet it's really worth the trip out for Sunday Lunch.

At £22 a head it's a treat, not a regular occurrence, but for two hours you will sit in the finest setting, be waited on superbly and taste some of the most delicious food you will ever eat.

All four of us had varying items off the menu and no one was disappointed.

Tea in the drawing room before lunch in the library is the only way to do it.

Plus it's where Dr Gloom got married. :)

(Also had a wonderful cheese board which I will share in Parkys cheese thread later).

How you getting on with that gym membership?

Is that confirmed? :lol: Or is that your suspicion?

I was actually only half taking the piss cos I've just been out running there, and was thinking about how once you get a level of fitness, you retain it fairly well. I've not been out running anywhere near as much as I would like, but in the last couple of weeks I've been out and done a 10k and 8k tonight, no bother having done very little the month to 6 weeks prior. By no means fast, but the point I was gonna make to CT was once you get over the hump, it gets quite easy.

Is that confirmed? :lol: Or is that your suspicion?

I was actually only half taking the piss cos I've just been out running there, and was thinking about how once you get a level of fitness, you retain it fairly well. I've not been out running anywhere near as much as I would like, but in the last couple of weeks I've been out and done a 10k and 8k tonight, no bother having done very little the month to 6 weeks prior. By no means fast, but the point I was gonna make to CT was once you get over the hump, it gets quite easy.

I'm pretty much of the opinion that runnings not the way to go for "time to get fit" over 40's.

Had Sunday lunch in the Beehive near Earsden yesterday. It was very good. :)

My daughter raved about this pub throughout 2013. Haven't been myself. (But will now).

I have a daughter who since the age of 20, describes every eatery as lush. IMO, you need to have been round the block a few times before you can differentiate between eateries.

Had Sunday lunch in the Beehive near Earsden yesterday. It was very good. :)

Used to be the haunt of every cheating husband and his bit on the side during the 90s when I was growing up. Does Mrs Renton have anything to worry about? and if it all falls apart who gets custody of the stained glass window?

• 1 month later...

Please let there have been someone else in there wondering why a weirdo was taking photos!

"It's okay mate, I'm just going to put them online to share with my internet friends...:)"