Wimbledon

LeazesMag

Looking forward to watching the final on the BBC's 3D broadcast.

Never seen any sport in that format before.

The Murray dour debate - times I've seen him interviewed I think he's kind of emotionally deficient .

When he was interviewed immediately after it was like he'd just stepped off a bus and had been stopped in a street survey to ask if he prefers Penguins or KitKats.

Looking forward to watching the final on the BBC's 3D broadcast.

Never seen any sport in that format before.

The Murray dour debate - times I've seen him interviewed I think he's kind of emotionally deficient .

When he was interviewed immediately after it was like he'd just stepped off a bus and had been stopped in a street survey to ask if he prefers Penguins or KitKats.

Looks lush. Unfortunate that they use pitch level angles for more depth of field though. You cannit see the lines on the far side of the court.

Anyone see this little gem from a Mackem lass on twitter?

@Georgia_Ford: Is wimbledon always held in London?

Sadly after much pointing, laughing and abuse in general, she left twitter.

Looks lush. Unfortunate that they use pitch level angles for more depth of field though. You cannit see the lines on the far side of the court.

Yeah I'm really enjoying it . Watched most of Tina Turner's win yesterday on it too .

(Probably stating the obvious here but I'd never really considered it) but I was reading on AVForum or similar how the 3-d broadcast is a totally different coverage - cameras , commentary etc . I know what you mean re depth of field but with some of the rallies the behind the shoulder shots really come into their own and can be quite spectacular . Really engrossing .

The BBC are screening the opening and closing (who cares !?) ceremonies of the Olympics too, as well as the Men's 100m final in 3d I also learned .

It would be a pity if their development of 3d and the coverage thereof was to fizzle out like . Not sure if their budgets allow or even it's really taking off with the public to be honest ?

Was watching a BRrip of Up in 3d the other day and it was fantastic .

Doubt it'll be his last Wimbledon final, he had a very good tournament. The fact Federer has won it so many times just goes to show how brilliant a player he is - no shame in losing to a guy like that and he didn't make it easy for him.

Aye nee shame in losing today like. Played well at times but Federer just seemed to take his game to a whole new level while Murray seemed to tire. Fair play to him though he gave it all to the last point. Can't imagine the pressure he was under.

I was gutted for him. I don't care if he's dour or doesn't play the media game, It's obvious he wants it badly and his game had noticeably improved since he started working with Lendl. Hopefully it's just a matter of time. Federer had the talent and experience to outplay him today but his time will come.