Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is really still thinking about it then someone tweet him this: Players looking for one last big pay day are only doing what is right for them, the financial considerations of such a deal are borne out of an uncertain future after football. This is understandable since only a limited number of footballers have the skills required to make it as a manager or even have a career in the media. If this summer has taught me anything about Joey it's that he is a bright, articulate and engaging individual i.e the sort of person who will go on to have a fine career in whatever they choose to do after hanging up the boots.

So I firmly believe he should stay even if its for just one more season and if the deal on offer next season isn't as stratospheric as those on offer today, it will still be decent and there is a whole lifetime ahead in which to make money, if that's a consideration. One more year playing for Newcastle though gives another great season playing in front of fans that will love him even more if he stays, who love him because he loves us and because he sticks the fingers up at the board.

#onelove #toonarmy #nufc

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

He can turn round and say fine, ill sit and take my wage for the next 12 months. Really piss the fat fuck off.

Yes it is unbelievable to be honest.

If he is really still thinking about it then someone tweet him this: Players looking for one last big pay day are only doing what is right for them, the financial considerations of such a deal are borne out of an uncertain future after football. This is understandable since only a limited number of footballers have the skills required to make it as a manager or even have a career in the media. If this summer has taught me anything about Joey it's that he is a bright, articulate and engaging individual i.e the sort of person who will go on to have a fine career in whatever they choose to do after hanging up the boots.

So I firmly believe he should stay even if its for just one more season and if the deal on offer next season isn't as stratospheric as those on offer today, it will still be decent and there is a whole lifetime ahead in which to make money, if that's a consideration. One more year playing for Newcastle though gives another great season playing in front of fans that will love him even more if he stays, who love him because he loves us and because he sticks the fingers up at the board.

#onelove #toonarmy #nufc

Twitter's only 140 characters ye kna.

:razz:

First post on here, so hi all

Im gutted that Joeys leavin us, only on the playing side mind because off the pitch i think hes a grade A wanker! Thanx to twitter, its bad to get that intimate with players of ur club, who u idolise only to find out they are knobs. But anyway, joeys a very good player who well miss, tho i dont think well miss him as much as some people think as we are pretty much jam packed with midfielders.

I cant help but feel that this whole twitter escapade over the summer by joey has been a set up by himself and Willy McKay, as he only set up the account after contract negotiations broke down with the club. since then i feel hes used the fans hatred of F.C.B to gain support so the club would have to give in to his demands, and when that failed he has shown his true colours and lowered himself by signing for QP FUCKIN R!

He has a contract till next summer, if he really wanted to stay here he could, then at the end of the season he could negotiate a contract with whoever he wants with a nice signing on fee!

I just dont get joeys decision to join QPR, shit ground, shit fans, awfull manager, a real nonentity of a football club, so for me its not football reasons he is joining them, its all about the money, and thats sad!

This lad knows his shit.

More like him and less like CT please.

Guest Your Name Here

Barton wants to stay but he isn’t thick and is going to accept that moving to QPR is his only realistic option. No doubt he’ll give FMA and Dekka both barrels when he goes.

The silence from the Ashley apologists has been deafening. And I'm talking about the more articulate among them, not deano, who has continued spouting his usual brand of inane drivel.

Come on toonpack, chez - let's be avin you.

Suffice to say, not an apologist, just a realist.

Will respond to anything of interest tomorrow when I'll be working from home, am in the smoke just now, new gig.

You're Joey Barton in disguise!

#onelove #toonarmy #nufc

If he even gets to play though, make them look stupid this final time and it wouldnt surprise me to see Joey sat with the kids for the next year regardless of how much hes needed or Pardew wants him.

If anyone were to dig up my old posts on Joey my current opinion would be hugenly hypocritical. The guy has done a complete U turn in terms of his performances on the pitch and his attitude on and off it.

If anyone is deluded enough to think that any of the dross drafted in on the cheap over the summer are in any way the calibre to replace the sort of player WE have brought on in terms of Barton, then, they need your head looked at. Look at the state of them tonight - against Scunthorpe.

The whole twitter bollcoks has improved his image in the public, the guy can express himself and he has more than a morsel of a brain cell which is more than can be said for 99% of footballers playing in the premier league. I know what happened with Andy Carroll and the way that fat cunt in charge of this club pushed him out, for a good price but in the case of Barton he wants him off the wage bill regardless of the affect it wil have on the team.

Consider the rep this guy had when we signed him and how he has turned that around, he's the best English midfielder in the country and like the best English striker we're gonna get rid and not for 35 mill but for free, a disgrace!

I wouldn't say "the best"..but he is up there in the top 5.. apart from that I agree with everything.. but would also add ... at least he damn well puts in 100% every damn game... as did Nolan..

If anyone is deluded enough to think that any of the dross drafted in on the cheap over the summer are in any way the calibre to replace the sort of player WE have brought on in terms of Barton, then, they need your head looked at. Look at the state of them tonight - against Scunthorpe.

This is cringe-worthy. Call me deluded all you want.

He's also in the wrong for publicly attacking his employers. Whatever you think of him, that's never going to be a good idea. Don't make out like he's completely innocent in this.

Edited by Tecato

Anyway, back to the thread, I still see Barton going as being consistent with what I mentioned elsewhere about all big earners leaving when their contract re-negotiations fall due: inevitable if they're actually in demand elsewhere. (contrast Alan Smith). It'll take no account of their position on the field (ie whether or not there is squad cover available) or their intrinsic value to the team. We're in a cycle of signing players on very modest wages and then having enough slack within the wage structure to offer them one level of uplift on renewal if they perform.

It's still all about who's coming in and (as Stevie has said) you can add a centre half to the LB and striker requirement. If at least two of those three aren't done adequately before the end of the window, it's an unjustifiable weakening of the team for the season.

lots of players at other clubs renew contracts if the club want them, and show them that they want them, by virtue of selling the ambition of the club to them alongside the salary to prove their intentions.

West Ham have done it with Nolan, and now QPR have done it with Barton. Stop making excuses. NUFC are now a selling, 2nd rate club. The events of this transfer window [the NINTH of the current regime] have confirmed it beyond any shadow of doubt to even the biggest fuckwit.

What is your problem with admitting this, and that you have been spouting bollocks for a long time now ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Anyway, back to the thread, I still see Barton going as being consistent with what I mentioned elsewhere about all big earners leaving when their contract re-negotiations fall due: inevitable if they're actually in demand elsewhere. (contrast Alan Smith). It'll take no account of their position on the field (ie whether or not there is squad cover available) or their intrinsic value to the team. We're in a cycle of signing players on very modest wages and then having enough slack within the wage structure to offer them one level of uplift on renewal if they perform.

It's still all about who's coming in and (as Stevie has said) you can add a centre half to the LB and striker requirement. If at least two of those three aren't done adequately before the end of the window, it's an unjustifiable weakening of the team for the season.

lots of players at other clubs renew contracts if the club want them, and show them that they want them, by virtue of selling the ambition of the club to them alongside the salary to prove their intentions.

West Ham have done it with Nolan, and now QPR have done it with Barton. Stop making excuses. NUFC are now a selling, 2nd rate club. The events of this transfer window [the NINTH of the current regime] have confirmed it beyond any shadow of doubt to even the biggest fuckwit.

What is your problem with admitting this, and that you have been spouting bollocks for a long time now ?

Wouldnt have happened a couple of years ago........................................

:icon_lol:

Definitely. We should have went for Boyata on loan. He's certainly an upgrade on Taylor and Williamson.

I reckon if we put a cheeky £4m bid in for Bassong we might get him, and he's always tweeting about the toon. If Danny B is anything to go by the Spurs fans don't rate him too.

Whats his crack about Newcastle like? Reckon he misses the city?

Great fans. Wished us well against the mackems, praised us when we won. Misses shaggin lasses down the alley from Circus Circus* etc...

* not strictly true

I don't do twitter Stevie, as you know, but re-signing Bassong would indeed be a good signing, albeit for all the wrong reasons, and would probably unfortunately fob off some people who don't have a clue about anything.

Meaning it would be nothing really to get excited about. What we want is a positive change of direction from the club, and that is just not going to happen.

This is cringe-worthy.

He's also in the wrong for publicly attacking his employers. Whatever you think of him, that's never going to be a good idea. Don't make out like he's completely innocent in this.

If by cringe worthy you are referring to; the performance tonight, the abilities of Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, then agreed 100%.

Its obvious he doesn't want to go. Probably an attempt at forcing a contract out of MA. I think he's misjudged the fat man though

I think the same tbh, he wants the club to show they value him, and want to progress as a club, and if that means in terms of money, then its no different to anyone else anywhere and he shouldn't be slated for it.

This is cringe-worthy.

If by cringe worthy you are referring to; the performance tonight, the abilities of Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, then agreed 100%.

I might as well not bother next time.

Tonight was Marveaux's first start since NOVEMBER 2010. Cabaye was decent enough. Ba was poor but the service can partly be blamed for that.

Established first teamers were woeful for most of the match tonight too, have a go at them and also give credit to Scunthorpe for such a spirited performance.

Try getting behind new players as opposed to writing them off because they're cheap and don't go on Twitter acting the twat like your man Barton.

is it fuck.

exactly

is it fuck.

exactly

Yup!