Erik Pieters

Barney

How the hell can we not have a plan and put it into force to sign a LB in time for one of the biggest games of our season

Absolutely ridiculous management from the club and from anyone involved, we should have kept Enrique until we had a nailed on target and were 100% sure we were going to get him and quickly, and then sell him to Liverpool

Be interesting to see if one of the local lads would ask Rapey this at the next press conference. I won't hold my breath.

At least Ferguson will be fit on saturday...

ugh.

Love Fergie but with only one pre season game under his belt, a blood and snots derby will be a big ask.

That and he's not a left backs fucking arse.

He looks like he has potential as a left mid but he will be butt fucked into tomorrow playing as a left back.

Agreed 100% - midfielder, not a natural full back

Tbh, he's got a decent right peg but he's a shit footballer full stop.

Alex, we've moved on to CT's ginger love interest!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALAN PARDEW today thanked Ryan Taylor for his sterling efforts at left-back – but then admitted he hopes he has to drop him for next weekend’s derby clash at Sunderland.

Pardew had little choice but to field Taylor out of position against Arsenal with Jose Enrique sold to Liverpool, Shane Ferguson not fully fit and James Perch pulling out of the game at the last minute due to muscle strain.

Pardew hopes that Enrique’s full-time replacement is at the club in time for next weekend’s visit to Sunderland.

But that did not stop him praising Taylor’s efforts after the Scouser helped keep a clean sheet against the Gunners.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “Ryan de-serves a medal. He was up against Gervinho who I think is one of the best players in the Premier League. I know he is because I tried to sign him.

“Then he was up against Theo Walcott for the last 15 minutes.”

And looking ahead to his options for derby day, Pardew said: “I hope he (Taylor) doesn’t play next week because I think we will have a left-back in there. But if Ryan has to play there then fine. He does an honest job for us.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1VIXbuRX6

Alan Pardew showing his excellent man-management skills there :lol:

Liverpool have showed us twice how to do busines. When they sold Torres, they made sure they were going to get Carroll in before rubber-stamping Torres' move and when they needed a LB for to strengthen a weakness of theres, they went out and got Enrique

And The Neil Taylor transfer saga should have confirmed to everyone how stingy and un-interested Ashley is in forking out money to cover our on-pitch weaknesses, he wouldnt budge from a £1.1 million bid because he had a supposed release clause and when he needed to bid more, he put the cash back in his pocket.

Parsnip hopes he [Raylor] doesn't play in the derby next week? Next week?

We've not been in for Pieters. I think at best the club might have enquired as to his availability and either been flatly told no or quoted a figure they were never prepared to meet. If we had any interest in him, it died immediately, and the club obviously had no back up plan. I've seen nothing to substantiate claims of our interest in the player: no, Deano's imaginary Dutch friends don't count.

:lol:

We've not been in for Pieters. I think at best the club might have enquired as to his availability and either been flatly told no or quoted a figure they were never prepared to meet. If we had any interest in him, it died immediately, and the club obviously had no back up plan. I've seen nothing to substantiate claims of our interest in the player: no, Deano's imaginary Dutch friends don't count.

:lol: Also known as 'buckets'.

Read my mind there :icon_lol:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

PSV technical director Marcel Brands on Erik Pietrers: “We haven't heard from Newcastle since the weekend” #nufc

Sounds like we are desperate for a left back. :lol:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

PSV technical director Marcel Brands on Erik Pietrers: “We haven't heard from Newcastle since the weekend” #nufc

Sounds like we are desperate for a left back. :icon_lol:

We are, just not desperate to get one that's going to cost money :lol:

If it follows the Andy Carroll model we'll get someone old, cheap and shit to replace Enrique. Like that bloke who used to play for Leeds who was as slow as a carthorse even in his prime (can't remember the name)

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Sounds like we are desperate for a left back. :lol:

fits the "vision"

I bet the fat one and his cuntkick are raging that this fella's come out and said "its all gone quiet like"

Positive news at last!

His agent reckons the deal will go ahead.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7123486,00.html

Defender Erik Pieters will leave PSV Eindhoven for Newcastle United in the coming days, according to his agent Piet van der Pol.

The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to St James' Park during this summer's transfer window and is earmarked to replace Jose Enrique, who left for Liverpool earlier this month.

"Newcastle's interest is very serious and Erik finds the club a real challenge," Van der Pol told the Dutch media.

"I don't know the exact numbers of Newcastle's offer, but I'm pretty sure that the transfer will go ahead."

Pieters, a Dutch international, has been with PSV since 2008 and has established himself as one of the better players in his position in the Eredivisie.