Bid for Aly Cissokho

Tooj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to The Sun this lad has put in a transfer request to come to us ;)

Who knows? :blush:

If we sign any more French lads, Pardew is going to have to swap his company car for a bicycle, a beret and a string of onions. We seem to be this year's destination for migrating French footballers. A bit like Puffin Island for frogs ;)

Who knows? :D

If we sign any more French lads, Pardew is going to have to swap his company car for a bicycle, a beret and a string of onions. We seem to be this year's destination for migrating French footballers. A bit like Puffin Island for frogs ;)

:blush:

sargasso sea for eels?

Who knows? :D

:blush:

sargasso sea for eels?

Saw a programme about that once. Weird.

i cant see us getten cissokho like he says that newcastle will have to up the offer past 7 million so thats a no def, as for pieters well if we add him then so be it

• 4 months later...

According to reports in France, Aly Cissokho has been left out of Lyon's squad this weekend. But the press suggest that the 'injury' is a smoke-screen, as he is travelling to the North East for a medical. They say we've beaten Arsenal to sign him, and that they would have to move very very quickly to stop the transfer to Newcastle.

Not sure whether its true or not, but I am hoping that it is.

No major outgoings, and a couple of shrewd signings will put us in a great position. Can't help but smile at the thought of Cissokho one side and Santon the other.

As much as i would be delighted so see one of the worlds best left backs in black and white, I think priority should lay with getting a cb and a st... unless Aly can play CB too in which case, get him !

Edited by Coggeh

I think if he comes then Danny Simpson is off to Villa or QPR. He has been pissing about with Newcastle for a while and it looks like they are ready to cash in. We should get a few million for him which isn't bad considering we only bought him for 500k.

I think if he comes then Danny Simpson is off to Villa or QPR. He has been pissing about with Newcastle for a while and it looks like they are ready to cash in. We should get a few million for him which isn't bad considering we only bought him for 500k.

We won't. The FCB will and there is a big difference.

Don't want him according to this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7429621/Magpies-cool-on-Cissokho

Sky Sports understands Newcastle United are not set to conclude a deal for Aly Cissokho.

Lyon confirmed this week that they would be willing to listen to offers for the France international full-back.

Arsenal and Newcastle have both been credited with strong interest in the 24-year-old.

Sky Sports now understands that although the Magpies did have an interest in the player, they have now opted against a deal.

Defender

St James' Park sources also confirmed that talk of a medical were wide of the mark.

The Magpies are understood to be looking for a new defender and they are believed to be keeping tabs on Cesena defender Yohan Benalouane.

The 24-year-old Frenchman is believed to have been scouted last week during their Coppa Italia clash at Napoli.

The Tunisian-born stopper was linked with Rangers and Celtic last year, but is now reportedly on Alan Pardew's radar.

If that's the case I can only assume they're happy with what they've got at LB and are more interested in a central defender (I don't think Cissokho has ever played centrally).

In discussions with Lyon... according to the man himself.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7436222/Cissokho-waits-on-green-light

Aly Cissokho claims Newcastle are holding discussions with Lyon regarding his services, but says there other clubs are interested as well.

The Magpies have been strongly linked with the France international in recent times, with it understood that Alan Pardew contemplated making a move last summer.

No deal materialised then, but it is possible a switch will be pushed through during the winter window.

Lyon's precarious financial standing means they must move players out, and Newcastle are looking to add to a squad that is pushing hard for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Cissokho claims talks with Newcastle are still at an early stage, but he is prepared to start thrashing out terms if given the go-ahead by his current employers.

"I am waiting for the green light from Lyon," he told Sky Sports.

"I am a Lyon player and if they agree a fee with a club, I will then talk to that club.

"But nothing is done yet and I have not been to Newcastle for a medical.

"Newcastle and Lyon are talking about me, but there are other teams interested as well