QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that they stuck a white sponsorship patch on a blue stripe on their blue and white striped tops when it could have easily been stuck on a white stripe making the shirt look a great deal better?

Yes, it has come to this.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Taylor and Ameobi were absolutely diabolical. Shola's performance was one of the most pathetic attempts at playing upfront I've ever seen - he genuinely didn't do a thing right all game.

Even the way he clapped for the fans when he came off was embarrassing.

Too much negativity. We played shite but we won't play that bad every week. Still reckon we'll finish somewhere like 9th.

Positives - Defence looks very solid apart from Raylor

We somehow didn't lose

Raylor will probably be dropped now for Santon

Ba should start the next game

Edited by TicTacWoe

Maybe Pardew is really pushing Tiote to be more offensive and it's having a negative effect. He has said in the past that he thinks he can be more of a threat further forward more than he was last season.

A lot of times tonight the reason he lost the ball was because he held the ball way too long and had to rush his pass, tried taking someone on or attempted a difficult ball when there was a simple option open. There was even a point where he went past about 3 of their players :icon_lol: was exciting but not the Tiote we know and love.

For me he did ok off the ball last night though, made a few decent clearances and important tackles, not at his best but not disastrous.

I don't think its time to start calling in the wonderkid just yet :lol:

We were seriously bad and what's worrying is the trend. We were lucky to have Jay Bothroyd playing in our defence today.

Pardew has some serious sorting out to do. Raylor and Ameobi must be dropped. Then he has to figure out how to get the midfield and attack working together. When Barfa comes back maybe we should go with something like 4-5-1 as we don't have 2 decent forwards. As things stand we're in a totally false position, that was a performance worthy of a side in the lower reaches of the league.

Any hopes of success this season hinges on key players like Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Barfa staying fit, because the back up players are gash.

I think Wright-Phillips is a decent enough player to cause most left backs problems, let alone a stand in left back, so it was no great surprise that R.Taylor had a difficult night but Pardew should be aware that this causes the rest of the team a lot of bother, Gutierrez can't quite attack as much as he would like but at the same time he didn't seem to help R.Taylor as much as he could of.

Santon is the obvious answer & I would have perhaps brought him on at half time if he was fit or maybe it wasn't the best game to introduce him if he hasn't been with the squad for very long.

Overall the defence was lucky not to concede a couple and that's not including clearances off the line.

Up front we didn't have much going on & this wasn't helped by our poor corners & set pieces in general. Taylor's first free kick 4 minutes in set the precedent for the night.

What's happened to Tiote? For some reason he can't complete a 12 yard pass any more!

At the end of the day we were quite poor but we've bucked the trend because normally this is the kind of game we lose - we came away with a point to further paper the cracks.

On Saturday we need to be more organised as Villa have the quality to punish us.

Happy with a draw tbh. 8 points from 4 and we havent lost. Nothing to complain about IMO

This is what has my head battered.

For all that we're utterly rudderless, devoid of creativity, lacking in any forward threat, fucking lightweight in the middle, and run by clueless wums, somehow we are sitting 4th this morning.

It's like a fugly but sexy lass- everything is wrong but it does the job.

Confused.

Happy with a draw tbh. 8 points from 4 and we havent lost. Nothing to complain about IMO

For all that we're utterly rudderless, devoid of creativity, lacking in any forward threat, fucking lightweight in the middle, and run by clueless wums, somehow we are sitting 4th this morning.

Confused.

That sounds about right but I won't complain if it keeps going like this especially away, at home I don't think we will lose many.

Confused.

Aye, totally agree in those terms it was this type of performance...

NSFW - Removed

we cannot expect to get three points away automatically, anywhere.

The were really up for it with the new players had the crowd buzzing in a compact ground.

We held our own the defence is paid to defend and prevent the ball getting in the net which they done I cannot remember Krul doing much.

Shola is utter gash at least Best tried untill he got hit by that bad tackle.

No sentiment in football Santon should have been on you do not keep better players on the bench.

All in all a good point, 4th top everyone should be happy with that.

One game at a time is old Berbs motto

Confused.

That sounds about right but I won't complain if it keeps going like this especially away, at home I don't think we will lose many.

The problem is that it won't continue like that. It wouldn't take much for a team to give us a real hammering and it will happen soon enough.

Confused.

NSFW - Removed

Missed what you posted, but I can imagine. :lol:

we cannot expect to get three points away automatically, anywhere.

The were really up for it with the new players had the crowd buzzing in a compact ground.

We held our own the defence is paid to defend and prevent the ball getting in the net which they done I cannot remember Krul doing much.

Shola is utter gash at least Best tried untill he got hit by that bad tackle.

No sentiment in football Santon should have been on you do not keep better players on the bench.

All in all a good point, 4th top everyone should be happy with that.

One game at a time is old Berbs motto

A positive spin. I like it.

Isnt it a sign of a good team when you dont play well and win (or dont lose in this case).

3 clean sheets out of 4 is incredible. Its mainly down to Krul-Saylor-Colo though. Very impressive start to the season by those 3.

Confused.

NSFW - Removed

Missed what you posted, but I can imagine. :lol:

1zed260.jpg

This type of performance then?