Barton on goals on Sunday now

Dr Gloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Interesting. Glad we weren't paying Barton anything whilst he was in prison.

Wish Alan Smith had taken a stance about something years prior.

• 3 years later...

He seems to be defending himself from gambling on his club's games by arguing he didn't match fix.

Whey, no, that's not the charge.

Muppet.

Also trying to deflect by saying the FA are sponsored by Ladbrokes or something. 

Man Utd were sponsored by Chevrolet, doesn't mean Rooney could run some over in a Corvette and get away with it.

I suspect the FA have looked at it and concluded that an 18 month ban is quite simply the most efficient use of everyone's time. It forces Barton into retirement and basically means that he will no longer be their problem.

He claims gambling addiction in his statement then goes on to defend himself by declaring that his stakes were small and that his fear of losing helped control it. Contradiction really

That and the fact there's hundreds of other things he could have placed a bet on.

Also trying to deflect by saying the FA are sponsored by Ladbrokes or something. 

Man Utd were sponsored by Chevrolet, doesn't mean Rooney could run some over in a Corvette and get away with it.

:lol:  Awesome analogy.

I agree with him entirely that the relationship between bookies and clubs, the fa and broadcasters is too cozy. I think such relationships should be banned. You can't kick racism out of football while sponsored by the KKK.

None of that exonerates him though.

I agree with him entirely that the relationship between bookies and clubs, the fa and broadcasters is too cozy. I think such relationships should be banned. You can't kick racism out of football while sponsored by the KKK.

None of that exonerates him though.

Oh aye, but this isn't him giving a legitimate excuse, he's just deflecting. 

Knowing our luck we'll get sponsored by some far-east gambling consortium for a nice fat fee, then 6 months later the FA will ban gambling sponsors.