Dr Gloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Heard about this this morning.

Stoopeed caahnt

:lol:

Its cringeworthy but a bit charming at the same time. He is easily affected by his surroundings,

I catch myself speaking with a dutch accent when Im with dutch friends and english accent when I speak to

J69 on ventrilo.

:lol:

Its cringeworthy but a bit charming at the same time. He is easily affected by his surroundings,

I catch myself speaking with a dutch accent when Im with dutch friends and english accent when I speak to

J69 on ventrilo.

I suppose it depends whether you're pretending to be someone else....... :whistle:

He's much better value than your average footballer tbf, and there's the occasional flash of self awareness about just how ridiculous the lives are that he and his colleagues lead. But in some ways that just makes it worse when he recognises all of that and still behaves like a dickhead (lording it over people that earn less than him, etc).

He's much better value than your average footballer tbf, and there's the occasional flash of self awareness about just how ridiculous the lives are that he and his colleagues lead. But in some ways that just makes it worse when he recognises all of that and still behaves like a dickhead (lording it over people that earn less than him, etc).

I used to have a bit of time for him but he disappeared up his own arse a while ago imo. Still have to agree with the bit in bold like but that says more about footballers than JB.

• 4 months later...

I see that he's now picked Thiago Silva as his latest Twitter "target" after Silva said this about him.

"I can hear a lot of people criticising the Selecao [brazilian squad]," he told L'Equipe.

"There is even a Marseille player, I can not remember his name, an Englishman, who has said bad things about Neymar, and Brazilian football, but also about Beckham and Ibra [ibrahimovic]. As no one is talking about him, it seems fun to him to criticise great players for people to know he exists.

"it gives me much more desire to win to silence that Englishman. What does he know about Brazilian football? I don't remember having played against him in the national team"

"That person must never forget on Auriverde [gold and green] shirt there is more stars than on any other shirt. Five World Cups. That deserves some respect.

"But it gives me much more desire to win to silence that Englishman. What does he know about Brazilian football? I don't remember having played against him in the national team."

Barton did quickly respond to Silva's comments, via his Twitter account: "Thiago Silva. That the same p**** thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy..."

Silva shouldn't have even bothered entertaining Barton after what he said about Neymar. Silva's one of the best defenders in the world and doesn't need to drag himself down to that level.

I watched one of them - might have been Beckham's debut?

Oh well. I suppose the world knows Thiago is world class but Joey is pretty funny sometimes. :lol:

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien 49s

Joey Barton will face the National Ethnics Council on April 15th. He risks a one match ban or more for his tweets insulting Thiago Silva

He'll land on his feet, he always does. May not be back in England but McKay will find him some club that will take him. It would be interesting reading his tweets about going to the US, for instance. Seeing him scramble to pretend he's not all about money.

He'll land on his feet, he always does. May not be back in England but McKay will find him some club that will take him. It would be interesting reading his tweets about going to the US, for instance. Seeing him scramble to pretend he's not all about money.

Would be be allowed in due to his record?

Didnt he have trouble getting in the US for a pre-season tour?

He was refused a visa because his conviction had been within 5 years of his application. That 5 years will be up soon enough though I'm not sure what sort of visa he'll need to work their full time.