The Forest Game

snakehips

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched the highlights. Is it just me or did Rob Elliott have a shocker??

And also, by bloody god was Barfa quick like. He has this crazy knack of jogging with the ball to hitting max accel/speed in nothing! scary like how much damage he could do for us in the prem.

Simpson is shit going forward tbh.

In fact 'going forward' didn't need to be added.

Yeah scratch that. :lol:

Think we can play a decent passing game with that formation...Linking between the zones and Bafra roaming.

Marveaux is still a bit of an unknown property, playing in the League Cup against Forest doesn't really change that (as far as Pardew is concerned anyway). I think he'll plan to play 4-4-1-1 with Ben Arfa in behind the striker. I think that gives him licence to play where he wants but keeps us quite solid. The midfield'll be Jonas-Tiote-Cabaye-Obertan with Cabaye playing the further forward of the midfield two. I'm not convinced any of the strikers we have can play as a loan target man but, then again, they don't look great as a two either.

<_< Alex with a grammatical error....or a clever freudian slip perchance :lol:

And also, by bloody god was Barfa quick like. He has this crazy knack of jogging with the ball to hitting max accel/speed in nothing! scary like how much damage he could do for us in the prem.

Appears he havent lost too much pace then? If he hasn`t, Ill shit in a bowl and eat it.

Appears he havent lost too much pace then? If he hasn`t, Ill shit in a bowl and eat it.

read somewhere when he got his initial injury that being a clean break higher up on the bone rather than fucking his ankle or knee up usually leaves players not losing a lot of speed

much appreciated <_<

havign watched a few times, some really good setups to the goals, Obertans cross with the outside of the right for the last, Marveauxs first touch for the pen, Bafra and Marveauxs balls for the 1st

much appreciated <_<

havign watched a few times, some really good setups to the goals, Obertans cross with the outside of the right for the last, Marveauxs first touch for the pen, Bafra and Marveauxs balls for the 1st

Obertan gets too much stick on here. He works incredibly hard, and he hasn't played properly in ages since joining us. Like us expecting Gosling to come in after injury and be match fit and up to speed

<_<

Shame if we play Cabaye as holding though, would like him a more advanced, bit of a shot on him

I see him as a deep lying playmaker ala Carrick. With license to come up if we are dominating games.

He played that role against QPR and didn't play well.

I don't think he's that type of player. The difference between the QPR game and the Villa game highlights why he should not be made to sit deep.

Best news I have heard all day. <_<

1st start for his new club (against opposition above his previous level) with a ramshackle team in front of him and he's written off.

Not saying he's great, but let's not kill the kid immediately, eh?

So after tonight's ties, this is the order in which I want us to draw teams. Top been who I want, bottom who I dont want:

Aldershot

Crystal Palace

Cardiff

Burnley

Southampton

Blackburn

Everton

Wolves

Bolton

Stoke

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man City

Man Utd

1 in 3 chance of drawing a non-prem team. lets pray!

As long as I can remember, we would draw one in the bottom group. I have a feeling this year's draw is going to be kind and give us one from top. We're long due a bit of cup draw luck.

Would be amazing to see all prem but us drawing each other. <_< heres to wishful thinking