Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Carroll's agent denies transfer link to Newcastle

The agent of Liverpool's Andy Carroll says there is "no truth" in newspaper reports linking the striker with a return to Newcastle United.

Mark Curtis told BBC Sport: "[Andy Carroll] is happy at Liverpool."

The Sun newspaper reported Newcastle would be willing to buy back the England striker for £10m - £25m less than he cost Liverpool 12 months ago.

The 23-year-old moved to Anfield at the end of the January transfer window in 2011, as a replacement for Fernando Torres who moved to Chelsea for £50m.

The striker has scored twice in 11 starts in the Premier League in the 2011-12 season, against Everton on 1 October and against West Bromwich Albion on 29 October.

He has also scored one goal in the Carling Cup, against Exeter City, and one against Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup third round tie.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has consistently backed Carroll to rediscover the scoring form he showed at Newcastle, where he netted 33 goals in 91 appearances.

In December Dalglish said: "There is nothing to say he is short of belief and there is no evidence he should be.

"I think yourselves [the media] have a bigger problem with Andy than anyone else."

Fuck me his agent has a lot to say for himself. I rate the chances of him coming back soon based on fuck all but intuition as 50/50.

Given what Carroll said about Ashley, Llambias & co. pushing him out of the club, I can't for the life of me see them welcoming him back with open arms....

Mike & Dekka's egos are far too big for that sadly...

Given what Carroll said about Ashley, Llambias & co. pushing him out of the club, I can't for the life of me see them welcoming him back with open arms....

Which he has just contradicted with his latest statement making it clear that the idea he was pushed was nonsense.

Which he has just contradicted with his latest statement making it clear that the idea he was pushed was nonsense.

Whether he's recently contradicted it or not, he still got in front of a camera said it which won't wash well with them. The issue is him speaking out, not whether he was or wasn't pushed.

I'd love to see him back here but for a variety of reasons, that one included, I just can't see it happening.

I remember tweets from friends claiming he was pushed, i only remember a laughing and smiling Carroll on his way to Liverpool.

I also remember the change in agent and the proportion of money earnt by that agent from the move and thinking where the real push came from.

Carroll is on his way out of Anfield IMO and what's convinced me is how angry Dalglish got with the media the other night. When there's no foundation about a rumour, Dalglish tends to shrug it off - water off a duck's back if you like...

I'm not saying Carroll is coming back here, but I won't be surprised if he hasn't moved on by the end of the month.

I've not seen Dalglish shrug anything off since he went back to Liverpool. He bristles at everything the press say to him (even perfectly sensible questions), cos he's a fucking ring piece. Plus they've been on at him about Carroll all season, so maybe he's just had enough. I think you might be reading too much into it.

Carroll is on his way out of Anfield IMO and what's convinced me is how angry Dalglish got with the media the other night. When there's no foundation about a rumour, Dalglish tends to shrug it off - water off a duck's back if you like...

I'm not saying Carroll is coming back here, but I won't be surprised if he hasn't moved on by the end of the month.

Me either ;)

Scouser at work tried to loan my Dalglish's autobiography recently btw. He wasn't even taking the piss either.

Edited by alex

Like I said in another thread, I can see him being a QPR player by the end of the month. I reckon the setup down there would suit him down to the ground.

I was taking the piss out the double-negative but maybe the QPR idea has some legs. I expect him to stay at Liverpool for now though, mainly due to the Suarez ban.

i would love it if we bought him back for 10m. paying the scousers what they should have paid for him int he first place and doing them out of 25m would be priceless.

i think they'll give him more time though. he's good enough to succeed there. they just need to learn to start putting the ball in the box for him to attack and stop expecting hi to be running in behind. even dalglish can't be so stupid that he thinks they've signed a like for like torres replacement.

but maybe the QPR idea has some legs. I expect him to stay at Liverpool for now though, mainly due to the Suarez ban.

You've got a point re: Suarez. I think it'll hinge on whether QPR survive this season. If they're above 18th come 5pm on 13th May, i think it could be a strong possibility in the summer.

I was taking the piss out the double-negative

Have to admit that one wooshed straight on by.. git! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I've had AC back in my fantasy footy team since the Suarez ban, was sure he was going to turn it around. Andy is a class centre forward and in the right team (like ours) he's a human wrecking ball and so dangerous. Having kept an eye on his performances over this period it is clear Kenny Dalglish is still as clueless as he has ever been, and I have regretfully had to give him the boot.

Back to real life, I really dont understand that cunt in charge of Liverpool. Surely, when he was interested in him to start with, he must have knew his strengths and weaknesses. Every fucking armchair fan in the land knows he plays direct and needs to play alongside the right sort of player (aka Nolan - who also looks shit without AC beside him). Yeah lets spend 35 million quid on this player, a player who's goalscoring tally is based on strength in the air and good direct support from midfield. His control and ability to carry the ball over any distance is limited, but lets bring him in... lets put him in a Liverpool side where he quite frankly gets ignored because he SERVES NO PURPOSE in this team. Suarez, Downing, Kuyt, Adam, anyone - when they look up and see him they nearly always ignore him if he's open because their quite frankly largely ineffective style of play doesnt suit him and he either loses the ball or does fuck all with it. Having said that when he has had the chance he's show some signs of his usual strenghts, flicks / headers on etc.

Feel for the lad in terms of his shattered confidence, if Kenny doesnt go he should get out ASAP. I would love to see him back here, he shouldnt have gone in the first place forget the 35 mill.

Dalglish won't sell him imo because he would have to admit he'd made a 35 million mistake. I suspect (but can't prove) that we sold him not just because the money was too good to turn down but also because off the field he's a pikey beer swilling burger munching party-till-dawn kind of guy. I suspect he's already hit the high watermark of his career as a result.

Dalglish won't sell him imo because he would have to admit he'd made a 35 million mistake. I suspect (but can't prove) that we sold him not just because the money was too good to turn down but also because off the field he's a pikey beer swilling burger munching party-till-dawn kind of guy. I suspect he's already hit the high watermark of his career as a result.

Could be the case but do you not think that could also decribe at LEAST half of all footballers (and us normal folk as well?) ?

Also, if he's a jimmy no mates at Liverpool and has taken on the life of a nun then it does not seem to be helping?

I personally think living a little helps!

Could be the case but do you not think that could also decribe at LEAST half of all footballers (and us normal folk as well?) ?

Also, if he's a jimmy no mates at Liverpool and has taken on the life of a nun then it does not seem to be helping?

I think there's living a little and then there's pissing your talent up the wall, and I suspect he's doing the latter. Probably not an issue while he's young but it'll catch up with him sooner rather than later. And I'd expect LFC would expect him to be ultra-professional for the wedge he's on.

but hes not done that

at all

not in any way, shape of form is that accurate