Clarkson

Happy Face

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be sacked but it was still absolutely the wrong thing to do on a show like that. Leave it till after the watershed or one of your own shows, not something kids probably watch.

Which kids are watching a show where Giles Brandreth looks into consumer rights?

Clever ones?

Somehow managed to surprise people who've only now realised he's a massive twat.

This. I've always disliked him, he's the epitome of a money obsessed small minded home counties bigot.

he's a complete and utter tosser. Agreed.

He works for BBC which has an impartiallity clause in all its productions. He should be sacked.

In that event he should have been sacked over 20 years ago.

He's played this one up a treat, has a book out and said something contraversial which he would have known would whip the media up in a frenzy.

And Unison are making themselves look ridiculous demanding he be sacked and looking into the legal side of things.

It's typical Clarkson piss-taking - no worse than he comes out with on most episodes of Top Gear which also airs around the same time in the evening.

Leave if for after the watershed? :lol:

Couldn't give a shit about what he's said, but I'd love to see him get the sack.

Aye but what does that equate to these days? A dirty great big severance pay out followed by a job on a rival channel being paid more than he was before.

Keys and Gray are testament to that.

As Parky and Brock have said, he says stuff like this ALL the time. Looks like he has finally chosen the subject that can really be made a big deal of.

It's pathetic really, heard someone genuinely comparing him to Gaddafi and saying he is inciting violence :jesuswept:

If you listen to the whole clip he says the strikes were brilliant because towns were quiet and traffic flowed, but because the bbc has to remain impartial the strikes were terrible and those taking part should be shot.

Clearly an attempt at satire / humour. Still a professional arse using controversy to sell his latest book or dvd or whatever, of course.

I've always thought he was a prick but a mildly entertaining one - the thing that gets me is its another example of people relishing taking offence at something and forgetting that a) we should be free to say just about anything and B) a lot of humans are pricks.

Apologies if already posted

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/outrage-over-reaction-to-clarkson-reaction-reactions-201112014617/

"

Outrage over reaction to Clarkson reaction reactions

01-12-11

BRITAIN was trapped in a 'death spiral' of infinite complaints last night.

jclarkson250.jpg

Your opinion about his opinions is the most important thing in the world

The vortex of indignation began just after 7pm when Jeremy Clarkson, the country's highest ranking oaf, presented, without a hint of irony, his detailed plan to shoot public sector workers in front of their families.

Within moments Tony Parsons, the official Left-Wing Clarkson, said people who criticise public sector workers were Nazis while, John Prescott, the former Lord High Oaf, said his successor was guilty of a 'hate crime'.

In turn Parsons was accused of outrageous anti-Semitism while Prescott was forced to deny being deputy leader of the Khmer Rouge during the 1970s.

Seconds later the country was straining at the limits of its 140 character allowance in a bid to react to the reaction reactions in a way that was guaranteed to provoke a reaction.

Bill McKay said: "People who compare strike critics to Nazis should be gassed and cremated as part of a huge, secret plan to wipe out Nazi-comparers."

Helen Archer said: "Anyone who thinks Nazi-comparers should be gassed is worse than Jeffrey Dahmer and should be raped in prison three times a day."

Nikki Hollis said: "People who say Nazi-comparers are worse than Jeffrey Dahmer want to rip my mother's heart out, eat it and puke it into a bucket which they...[new tweet] ...will then use to paint the front of my house."

Meanwhile Tom Logan, who suggested that Clarkson's original comment was, perhaps, an advert for a DVD, was accused of being a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Logan also suggested that instead of reacting to Clarkson reaction reactions we should, perhaps, come up with some stuff we can sell to foreigners before we all end up busking in front of each other.

His house was then burned to the ground.

Last night a spokesman for the United Nations said: "Britain needs to go fuck itself in the face.""

As someone has already said, I'm fairly sure he wasn't being totally serious.

I just see it as shit patter from a deeply unfunny man. I really can't understand how he became so popular, his patter is woeful.

However, if it gets him and his two sidekicks kicked off TV then I'd like to officially register my outrage about his comments.

My thoughts pretty much.

I thought Richard Hammond's comments about Mexicans were worse tbh.

Over 5000 complaints to the BBC about a daft tongue in cheek comment?! I honestly dispair about this country sometimes! Do people really have nothing better to do than ring the Beeb and complain about something that quite clearly wasn't meant to be taken seriously?!

Despite being a public sector worker I agree that the strikes were a joke anyway, the amount of people who actually picketed outside my work (which employes 1000 people) were a massive 10!!! The rest went xmas shopping!!!!!

People are getting ridiculously emotional about this, he's a nob, but nobs who get emotional are giving him the attention he craves. That said I'm one hundred percent behind his views on Germans and Yanks.

Someone was on the radio (5Live) last night saying they'd never been so offended by anything they'd ever seen on TV before in their lives. He was about 50 as well and he was being completely serious. Jesus cunting, titty-fucking wept (on a bike).

Someone was on the radio (5Live) last night saying they'd never been so offended by anything they'd ever seen on TV before in their lives. He was about 50 as well and he was being completely serious. Jesus cunting, titty-fucking wept (on a bike).

There's a real search on in UK for victimhood now that the economy is in the toilet. Mmmm...