Rugby

Kid Dynamite

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I like the Wales shirt with the proper collar. That’s my input on the tournament 

I’ll be avoiding any pub that is showing any England matches as your average England supporter is a braying fucking imbecile with absolutely appalling dress sense.

There’s my input on the tournament.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’ll be avoiding any pub that is showing any England matches as your average England supporter is a braying fucking imbecile with absolutely appalling dress sense.

There’s my input on the tournament.

Few lads at work follow Rugby. One being the bin dipper. He's a bit of a dick on the beer and keeps asking when we're going to the pub to watch a game. Errr we're not pal as you sup like a fish and just want to sniff fanny all the time. Despite having 3 kids and a relationship 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Few lads at work follow Rugby. One being the bin dipper. He's a bit of a dick on the beer and keeps asking when we're going to the pub to watch a game. Errr we're not pal as you sup like a fish and just want to sniff fanny all the time. Despite having 3 kids and a relationship 

I believe you’re allowed to sniff it as long as you don’t taste.

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I have a couple of questions for you;

How many people do you regularly work with?

Of them how many would you say are A ) good craic, B ) all right, C ) bit of a dick, D ) cunts? 

Then the same for your neighbours, Cycling club, family

I want to see if there's a Patented Wykiki xC factor?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

I have a couple of questions for you;

How many people do you regularly work with?

Of them how many would you say are A ) good craic, B ) all right, C ) bit of a dick, D ) cunts? 

Then the same for your neighbours, Cycling club, family

I want to see if there's a Patented Wykiki xC factor?

TBH All the lads and lasses I work with are a canny bunch.  We have a good laugh, get the graft done and if anyone needs help we all muck in.  It's just this one kid, he can't go out for one pint. 

Neighbours, canny bunch.  Quiet, majority are elderly and we enjoy chatting with them.  During Covid I helped out a lot with them and proud to say kept it up as much as they want me to.  

Cycling Club, decent bunch.  Bit cliquey in parts, but in a large group that's bound to happen.

Family, well, the ole saying goes.  Can't choose your family eh.  Nah, they're a good bunch.  Love my in-laws.  Albeit my BIL is that tight he doesn't like to breathe out and the cunt isn't even from Yorkshire!

• Haha 2

On 10/09/2023 at 16:40, wykikitoon said:

No way was it a red, but what a response. Cracking defence by England. Superb MOTM by Ford.

Red all day these days, unfortunately.  Head injury mitigation is paramount.  They are taking such a long time to work it out, England.  That's the third in the fourth game.  

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Red all day these days, unfortunately.  Head injury mitigation is paramount.  They are taking such a long time to work it out, England.  That's the third in the fourth game.  

So why wasn't the tackle on Ford was only a yellow?

For me, both are yellows.

Curry, the way his body was, the wrap etc all have mitigating circumstances to take it from a red to a yellow.  Carrerars on Ford, his line of sight, the intention etc you could argue was worthy more of a red.  But IMO it was still a yellow.

There's a disciplinary hearing today and I bet they give Curry 3 games.

16 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

TBH All the lads and lasses I work with are a canny bunch.  We have a good laugh, get the graft done and if anyone needs help we all muck in.  It's just this one kid, he can't go out for one pint. 

Neighbours, canny bunch.  Quiet, majority are elderly and we enjoy chatting with them.  During Covid I helped out a lot with them and proud to say kept it up as much as they want me to.  

Cycling Club, decent bunch.  Bit cliquey in parts, but in a large group that's bound to happen.

Family, well, the ole saying goes.  Can't choose your family eh.  Nah, they're a good bunch.  Love my in-laws.  Albeit my BIL is that tight he doesn't like to breathe out and the cunt isn't even from Yorkshire!

So, if I'm reading this right, the people you know are pretty much all right?

So, Wykikitoon (if that even is your real name) I put it to you that you are the common denominator in all your tales.

Be better.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

So why wasn't the tackle on Ford was only a yellow?

For me, both are yellows.

Curry, the way his body was, the wrap etc all have mitigating circumstances to take it from a red to a yellow.  Carrerars on Ford, his line of sight, the intention etc you could argue was worthy more of a red.  But IMO it was still a yellow.

There's a disciplinary hearing today and I bet they give Curry 3 games.

The fact that he tackled high and hit the other player in the head is always going to lead to problems.  He'll get 3 weeks reduced to 2 if he does the tackling course.

There has clearly been considerable inconsistency, because in one game (I think it was the Scotland v SA game) where a player was not even yellow carded for something which looked similar.  Seems he hasn't been cited, either, which is nonsense.  I suppose it may give Curry some amunition at his hearing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

The fact that he tackled high and hit the other player in the head is always going to lead to problems.  He'll get 3 weeks reduced to 2 if he does the tackling course.

There has clearly been considerable inconsistency, because in one game (I think it was the Scotland v SA game) where a player was not even yellow carded for something which looked similar.  Seems he hasn't been cited, either, which is nonsense.  I suppose it may give Curry some amunition at his hearing.

Aye it was the Boks game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Alex said:

Fuck me, Ireland v South Africa is some match. What a physical contest 

Just watched the highlights… Ireland a bit lucky iyam… 

If they beat Tonga today and Romania next weekend Scotland can still qualify from this group by beating Ireland on the 7 October by more than 7 points ie we’re out of the World Cup after playing only one game :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just watched the highlights… Ireland a bit lucky iyam… 

If they beat Tonga today and Romania next weekend Scotland can still qualify from this group by beating Ireland on the 7 October by more than 7 points ie we’re out of the World Cup after playing only one game :lol:

I felt like it was on the edge the whole of the match but especially the second half. Ireland somehow soaked up the pressure and got a try after breaking away near the end. I guess it’s a case of making your own luck, with that brilliant defence but also South Africa’s poor goal kicking stopped them exerting more pressure. In a match like that a couple of missed (relatively easy) chances were huge. Ireland are undoubtedly a fantastic side though. But I can’t quite see them winning it. I think South Africa would win if they meet in the latter stages. That’s purely a hunch and not sour grapes as I would love to see them do it 

• Like 1

Also, Scotland are exceptionally unlucky to be in the same group as the top two sides in the world given how strong Scotland themselves are. Look at England’s group by comparison 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Portugal just beat Fiji at the death in an amazing match (I only saw the second half tbh). And Fiji scrape second place in the group and play England in the quarter finals next weekend. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Portugal just beat Fiji at the death in an amazing match (I only saw the second half tbh). And Fiji scrape second place in the group and play England in the quarter finals next weekend. 

Incredibly funny that Fiji got a bonus point and because they beat Australia, they go through instead of Australia. 

Of course, England were so shit against Samoa that they will probably lose this, especially as Borthwick keeps on trying to find a way to get Farrell into the team when it is clear that they are better without him.

Bit like Lampard and Gerrard, rather than Scholes.

• Like 2

Fiji & Portugal will both be above Scotland in the world rankings soon. Saturday night was their chance to at least show they can put it up to the very best in world but after an hour Ireland had scored 36 unanswered points. That’s maybe where we are in the big scheme of things. But the point is half the squad are either approaching 30 or well beyond it and crucially our under 20s are the whipping boys of their age group on the world stage. The whole set up is rotten and all we have to do is look across the Irish see to observe a similar country who are now probably the best in the world. They have NZ next who they recently beat in a test series in NZ . 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2