Suarez a racist

2bias

The calibre of fan supporting Suarez on Twitter...

http://twitter.com/WillBousfield69

edit;

@Paulmcgrath5 fucking shut up who are you 'a former manchester united player' never heard of you in my life and i love the game shut up dick

23 minutes ago

:lol:

Have a word, Stevie/Jonny.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin hell you couldnt make some of this shit up...one of the black players Dalglish did sign was on 5live drive last night and he was fuckin fuming. John Barnes main beef was how its only now 20 odd years after when it was rife in the game that racial abuse from an opposing player is being taken seriously. Don't know if its on podcast or anything but its worth listening to because he's plainly furious with the media in general over this as well as the likes of Terry and Suarez.

if he was fuming when Drive was on I wonder how he felt a couple of hours later when those T-shirts came out.

The entire Premier League should wear Evra T-shirts for pre-match this weekend. I'm Spartacus stylee.

Brilliant. :good:

I was fucking steaming last night when I got in but I distinctly remember two things from MOTD, a dog being thrown in the air when Sunderland scored, an actual dog in case you think I mean a Wearside lass, and Hansen, unreal this, referring to black people as "coloureds" FUCKING COLOUREDS!!! You might as well say darkie or coon, is he that thick that he thinks he can get away with a comment like that. Coloureds!??!?! It's not South Africa ffs, and I haven't seen anything at all said about it today.

I was fucking steaming last night when I got in but I distinctly remember two things from MOTD, a dog being thrown in the air when Sunderland scored, an actual dog in case you think I mean a Wearside lass, and Hansen, unreal this, referring to black people as "coloureds" FUCKING COLOUREDS!!! You might as well say darkie or coon, is he that thick that he thinks he can get away with a comment like that. Coloureds!??!?! It's not South Africa ffs, and I haven't seen anything at all said about it today.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24023902-alan-hansens-blunder-in-racism-row.do

absolute joke in that match where they were wearing suarez shirts and as if racism is ok this shows footballers are out of control and dont give a toss as long as those lovely wages keep rolling in eh bunch of cunterheads

This is how Liverpool could perhaps have dealt with this, if they had some big thinkers and appreciated that their privileged place in the local and global community can affect positive change.

They could have highlighted that although it was in the heat of contest and possibly culturally less unacceptable in the country Suarez grew up in, it was a racially tainted slur and therefore unacceptable. They could go further and emphasise that Suarez is not a racist, he was just using a colloquialism without being fully aware how these things are considered in the country he is working, living and being a role model in (whether he likes it or not). Possibly no-one has the courage to suggest Uruguay has issues with racism (in my experience all countries do anyway), so they could underplay this element, but it does not mean they should brush the whole thing under the carpet.

They should accept the punishment for the good of the game and grasp the opportunity this situation provides to educate and eradicate archaic and divisive thinking. Not just in football, in Liverpool or in the UK but anywhere where racism and racially motivated divisions or disharmony exist. The reach of the club is massive and they should do everything in their power to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the fight against racism and this has given them a further opportunity to do so.

They could encourage Suarez into a front line role in LKROOF, something he could work on during his 8 match ban. This will give him the chance to demonstrate he is not a racist and will exploit the furore around this for the greater good. Suarez to become the poster boy for racial harmony, for progressive thinking in Uruguay. Do black people in Uruguay want to be called negrito in perpetuity?

They could also figure out how to use Carroll properly and quickly. Maybe watch the last 18 months of his games for us. I think Suarez's talent has made them tactically lazy. No doubt part of the reason they are so desperate to just have this mess go away and get their player back.

What they have done is hoy the toys out the pram and retreat into their preferred us versus them outlook. This is what fucks them over, they feel they are being hard done by because it is them. This is so small minded and given the opportunity this mess has presented, it's depressing.

LFC have been very badly advised, if at all advised.

A lot of this could apply to Terry when he is done, I doubt it will though. Small mindedness and self preservation are stalwarts of modern Britain.

Edited by trophyshy

Let's Kick Liverpool Out of England.

:aye:

They're almost universally hated in this country aren't they. I wonder what impact it would have on the country if we asked Ireland if they wanted Merseyside. Surely Merseyside is a drain on the countries finances. The GDP per capita was about 13k, even in Newcastle it's 16k. They're universally accepted as the biggest tramps in the UK, yet people like paciinofan say they have a well deserved inherent self arrogance.

They're almost universally hated in this country aren't they. I wonder what impact it would have on the country if we asked Ireland if they wanted Merseyside. Surely Merseyside is a drain on the countries finances. The GDP per capita was about 13k, even in Newcastle it's 16k. They're universally accepted as the biggest tramps in the UK, yet people like paciinofan say they have a well deserved inherent self arrogance.

He has been conspicuous by his absence recently. Normally he'd be straight on here setting us right. Maybe even he realises how fucked up their reaction has been to this.

Reckon he's done that on purpose like...A little joke between him and his old mentor.

Center of the old slave trade iirc. :)

Typically not a good idea to defend someone who had admitted a racist comment. Learn and move on, not highlight and get Glen Johnson to suddenly be his best mate.