Suarez a racist

2bias

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its

Few people on twitter/football365 making the valid point that if you or I were find guilty of racism at work we'd be sacked.

If I went to a meeting, didnt like someone and called them whats been said, I would be sacked.

Davies is saying its complex, how the fuck is it.

Its pretty black and white for me.

The context is completely different.

Had he said it in the tunnel it would be similar, but it wasn't its was said on the pitch in a heated conversation to a player who isn't exactly a saint. clicky

Saying "shut up little black man" repeatedly is unacceptable and he's been fined and given a 8 game ban. It's not racism. Not even close tbh. Culturally its akin to saying "shut up ginge".

Context and intent is everything.

Are you on smack?

Of all the things they've ever acted as victims of. Initially Heysel, Hillsborough, unemployment, the North/South divide, the Manchester Canal, the dead chicken, I have to say this is the most sickening, and if this were virtually any other club and support, the reaction of this would be far more accepting and humble.

Its

Few people on twitter/football365 making the valid point that if you or I were find guilty of racism at work we'd be sacked.

If I went to a meeting, didnt like someone and called them whats been said, I would be sacked.

Had he said it in the tunnel it would be similar, but it wasn't its was said on the pitch in a heated conversation to a player who isn't exactly a saint. clicky

Saying "shut up little black man" repeatedly is unacceptable and he's been fined and given a 8 game ban. It's not racism. Not even close tbh. Culturally its akin to saying "shut up ginge".

Are you on smack?

I'm not defending it, just saying anyone thinking the punishment to was too light is taking it out of context. He used a racist language in a heated moment.

That doesn't make him a racist. just ignorant.

Edited by Phil

Its

Are you on smack?

I'm not defending it, just saying anyone thinking the punishment to was too light is taking it out of context. He used a racist language in a heated moment.

Oh bless him.

So if I kicked off in a meeting and called someone a black cunt I can use that as my argument?

If youre a racist you wouldnt mention their skin, race or ethnic background at all. A SHIT argument Phil, SHIT

Its

Are you on smack?

Oh bless him.

So if I kicked off in a meeting and called someone a black cunt I can use that as my argument?

If youre a racist you wouldnt mention their skin, race or ethnic background at all. A SHIT argument Phil, SHIT

You could probably print some threads off from here, and use them to successfully argue that you were temporarily insane at the time of the incident.

Its

Are you on smack?

Oh bless him.

Your clearly getting swept up in an emotive subject.

Context and intent is everything. Your meeting analogy is irrelevant. The only similarity is the racist language. Repeating the irrelevant meeting analogy show your a bit slow.

Edited by Phil

There was a Uruguyan chap on 5 live earlier admitting that racism is a problem in both Uruguayan football and society. Remember the stuff on TV here in the 70's & 80's which would appal 'us' now? Uruguay is perhaps a few decades behind us in the PC drive, or social evolution you might want to call it, Suarez finds himself in the unfortunate position between the two cultures. Not really his fault his culture is different to ours but if you go to another land you have to fall in with the native crack, isn't that right Leazes?

Far worse is the scousers whining about it like it's a huge injustice. Would be refreshing to hear a Liverpudlian on the radio putting society at large ahead of their football club's pursuit of a place in Europe.

Edited by trophyshy

With all these messages of support from Liverpool fans/staff, you'd have thought Suarez had been diagnosed with a terminal disease instead of found guilty of racially abusing someone.

with all the frothing at the mouth indignation from some people on here, you'd have thought Suarez had dropped a bomb on Kabul instead of being found guilty of racially abusing someone

With all these messages of support from Liverpool fans/staff, you'd have thought Suarez had been diagnosed with a terminal disease instead of found guilty of racially abusing someone.

with all the frothing at the mouth indignation from some people on here, you'd have thought Suarez had dropped a bomb on Kabul instead of being found guilty of racially abusing someone

Do you think that there was anything wrong with what he said?

is there anything wrong with what I've said ?

There was a Uruguyan chap on 5 live earlier admitting that racism is a problem in both Uruguayan football and society. Remember the stuff on TV here in the 70's & 80's which would appal 'us' now? Uruguay is perhaps a few decades behind us in the PC drive, or social evolution you might want to call it, Suarez finds himself in the unfortunate position between the two cultures. Not really his fault his culture is different to ours but if you go to another land you have to fall in with the native crack, isn't that right Leazes?

Far worse is the scousers whining about it like it's a huge injustice. Would be refreshing to hear a Liverpudlian on the radio putting society at large ahead of their football club's pursuit of a place in Europe.

This would appear to be the case (the cultural/social differences in South America) but considering Suarez had played for several years in Holland where the race issue is just as prevalent as the UK he should have known better. Then again, this sort of thing probably goes on all the time but it's good to make an example of a few players if they can conclusively prove their guilt imo

Edited by TicTacWoe

is there anything wrong with what I've said ?

He asked you to comment on the matter at hand, not compare it to something completely different. Do you understand that this has absolutely nothing to do with suicide bombings? Can you at least discern between the two?