Blackburn Rovers - Newcastle United 0-2

Aeris

On watching the game one has to feel a bit sorry for Blackburn. They had more than twice our shots on goal, they had more shots off target than we did. They missed a penalty, and they had 14 corners to our 2.

Our front two posed little threat to them, and they kept up continuous pressure on our defence, and Best's best try at goal was when he headed against the crossbar,...... our crossbar.

Ameobi was useless as usual, can't see why Pardoo keeps playing him.

BenArfa was a bigger disappointment than he has been in the past 2 games.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were the least shit team on the pitch.

Roll on Sunday and we dont have to play Shola and Best. They really didnt take the opportunity.

shola's a funny one isn't he. he plays second fiddle to shearer for most of his career. then he finally gets a chance, then another chance, then another run in the team. never takes it. what a waste of a career.

View from the pub.

Might I add a pub split in to two sections. The mackem game at one end, our game at the other.

Overall shit game masked slightly by the performances of Krul and Coloccini.

Hopefully its the last time I will ever see Best and Ameobi share the pitch.

Delighted for Obertan who sent the Black Bull into ecstasy. As each replay was show we cheered louder and louder so the mackems thought we had gone 4 or 5 up.

With the team we had out I would have settled for anything so anything less than jubilation with three points is bollocks.

Fifth place and 3 points of a Champions League place is all that matters.

:banana:

Roll on Sunday and we dont have to play Shola and Best. They really didnt take the opportunity.

shola's a funny one isn't he. he plays second fiddle to shearer for most of his career. then he finally gets a chance, then another chance, then another run in the team. never takes it. what a waste of a career.

Don't think he's wasted his career really.

Probably achieved far more than any other player as shit as him has.

He's score in the Nou Camp and got an FA Cup Semi Final goal ffs :D

Don't think he's wasted his career really.

Probably achieved far more than any other player as shit as him has.

He's score in the Nou Camp and got an FA Cup Semi Final goal ffs :D

Not to mention, 15-16 European goals.

Edited by Flair

BenArfa was a bigger disappointment than he has been in the past 2 games.

He wasn't supported well enough.

Had nothing to do with support, it had everything to do with what he did when he had the ball, which amounted to bugger all. Twice he walked it over the line and gave them a throw-in. Another time he turned a defender 3 times in the box then turned it out for a goal kick.

Indeed, Perchini is fast becoming an invaluable squad utility man and seems to be going from strength to strength under Pardew.

Who would have thought at the start of the season that RTaylor and Perchini would be part of a team taking us into fifth position in February.

Fantastic result from what was a less than fantastic performance. Though with the personnel we had unavailable that was hardly surprising.

These are the things we learnt or reaffirmed today:

- We're not the only team that can lose a game on the back of a deflection

- Hoilett is a cheat

- Coloccini makes a MASSIVE difference to our defense

- Perch can do a job in midfield

- Ryan Taylor doesn't like cheats

My analysis of our players performances

Krul - 8.5 (7.5+1) - Made some good saves, and considering the amount of corners they had he did very well overall. A few times though he came out when he shouldn't have. Scuffed the odd clearance and had some communicative mishaps with defenders. Penalty save was key to the victory, so +1 for that.

Coloccini - 9 - Defensively at the top of his game. Even when he was beaten for pace on a few occassions he managed to win the ball. Good distribution as normal, but spent most of the game defending, putting on an exhibition.

Williamson - 6.5 - Showed up a few of his fralties in that he's not at all subtle when he fouls, and is pretty poor at drawing fouls himself. Put himself about ok, and was solid enough.

Simpson - 6 - A great goal line clearance was largely cancelled out by him conceding a penalty. At first I thought it wasn't a penalty, but on review he never had a chance of getting that ball and stupidly initiated contact with their player. It was soft, but by the rule book a penalty.

Santon - 7 - Looks shaky when on the back foot as he's not particularly quick or agile, but is good in possession and getting forward. Defensively he should improve with more games.

Jonas - 7 - Help up posession quite well and as usual did plenty of running. I though he passed the ball quite well in this game, and managed to get out of some tight spots despite not having the best support from his teammates. At the same time he wasted a good opportunity and made a couple of ineffective crosses.

Guthrie - 7 - Had a lot of work to do, and did a reasonable job of getting it done. Has been invaluable through this period with Tiote out, and now Cabaye suspended.

Ryan Taylor - 6.5 - Took a chance and scored a goal. Did ok in the midfield but was a little anonymous at times. Covered the ground he had to, and can't really be expected to master a central midfield position when he so seldomly plays there.

Ben Arfa - 5 - Looked disinterested at times - such as when he just let the ball run into touch to avoid heavy contact. Showed some good skill in their box, before undoing it all with a heavy right foot touch. Was well off his game, one to forget.

Shola - 5 - Lacked effort.Managed to win some headers, but failed to do much else. Had no running in his legs and should have been off IMO.

Best - 6 - Came closer to scoring for them than us, and found himself offside way too often, but compared to Shola at least he covered more ground. Is quite good at using his body to shield the ball in posession, but seems to take so long to do anything with it that he's a sure kill for a counter attack.

Perch - 8 - came on and did what he was instructed to do (I'd imagine) closed them down, broke up play and was solid in posession. Possibly his best showing for us in what was a very ugly game. Is suited to this sort of cameo role, though I thought he could have replaced an innefective striker.

Lovenkrands - 7.5 - Wasn't out there for long but made sure to do lots of running while he was there. Good vision to make the right pass with the right weight for Obertan to run into space.

Obertan - 7.5 - Scored. Wasn't out there for long yet still managed to show the best and worst of himself. The best was the nice pass and run to find himself breaking into space and the very tidy placed finish to score his first goal. The worst was his worm burner crosses that have no chance of beating the first defender. Goal will do him good now that he's back from the toe injury. A handy player to have on the bench for situations just like this.

Individually there was some pretty mixed performances.

Collo MOM for me.

Good result as I think a lot of us were worried. Do or die stuff which has become a bit of a trademark this season which in itself isn't a bad thing.

However it might be nice if we could keep the ball for more than 10 seconds.

Fantastic result from what was a less than fantastic performance. Though with the personnel we had unavailable that was hardly surprising.

These are the things we learnt or reaffirmed today:

- We're not the only team that can lose a game on the back of a deflection

- Hoilett is a cheat

- Coloccini makes a MASSIVE difference to our defense

- Perch can do a job in midfield

- Ryan Taylor doesn't like cheats

My analysis of our players performances

Krul - 8.5 (7.5+1) - Made some good saves, and considerin the amount of corners they had he did very well overall. A few times

though he came out when he shouldn't have. Scuffed the odd clearance and had some communicative mishaps with defenders. Penalty save was key to the victory, so +1 for that.

Coloccini - 9 - Defensively at the top of his game. Even when he was beaten for pace on a few occassions he managed to win the ball.

Good distribution as normal, but spent most of the game defending, putting on an exhibition.

Williamson - 6.5 - Showed up a few of his fralties in that he's not at all subtle when he fouls, and is pretty poor at drawing fouls himself. Put himself about ok, and was solid enough.

Simpson - 6 - A great goal line clearance was largely cancelled out by him conceding a penalty. At first I thought it wasn't a penalty,

but on review he never had a chance of getting that ball and stupidly initiated contact with their player. It was soft, but by the rule book a penalty.

Santon - 7 - Looks shaky when on the back foot as he's not particularly quick or agile, but is good in possession and getting forward. Defensively he should improve with more games.

Jonas - 7 - Help up posession quite well and as usual did plenty of running. I though he passed the ball quite well in this game, and managed to get out of some tight spots despite not having the best support from his teammates. At the same time he wasted a good opportunity and made a couple of ineffective crosses.

Guthrie - 7 - Had a lot of work to do, and did a reasonable job of

getting it done. Has been invaluable through this period with Tiote out, and now Cabaye suspended.

Ryan Taylor - 6.5 - Took a chance and scored a goal. Did ok in the midfield but was a little anonymous at times. Covered the ground he had to, and can't really be expected to master a central midfield position when he so seldomly plays there.

Ben Arfa - 5 - Looked disinterested at times - such as when he just let the ball run into touch to avoid heavy contact. Showed some good skill in their box, before undoing it all with a heavy right foot touch. Was well off his game, one to forget.

Shola - 5 - Lacked effort.Managed to win some headers, but

failed to do much else. Had no running in his legs and should have been off IMO.

Best - 6 - Came closer to scoring for them than us, and found himself offside way too often, but compared to Shola at least he covered more ground. Is quite good at using his body to shield the ball in posession, but seems to take so long to do anything with it that he's a sure kill for a counter attack

Perch - 8 - came on and did what he was instructed to do (I'd imagine) closed them down, broke up play and was solid in posession. Possibly his best showing for us in what was a very ugly game. Is suited to this sort of cameo role, though I thought he could have replaced an innefective striker.

Lovenkrands - 7.5 - Wasn't out there for long but made sure to do lots of running while he was there. Good vision to make the right pass with the right weight for Obertan to run into space.

Obertan - 7.5 - Scored. Wasn't out there for long yet still managed to show the best and worst of himself. The best was the

nice pass and run to find himself breaking into space and the very tidy placed finish to score his first goal. The worst was his worm burner crosses that have no chance of beating the first defender. Goal will do him good now that he's back from the toe injury. A handy player to have on the bench for situations just like this.

Individually there was some pretty mixed performances.

Your marks for Shola and Best were are way too high. I could barely bring myself to score them one between them.

Can't believe we won that playing so badly but fair play to the lads fir hanging on in there.

Guthrie man of the match for me, very mature responsible performance, him and Coloccini the stand outs in a shit performance. Positionally Perch was quite good and stuck in there too. A fair score would've been 4-2 to Blackburn but football isn't fair as any toon fan knows.

Guthrie man of the match for me, very mature responsible performance, him and Coloccini the stand outs in a shit performance. Positionally Perch was quite good and stuck in there too. A fair score would've been 4-2 to Blackburn but football isn't fair as any toon fan knows.

Aye. Some of Guthries "out" balls were tremendous.

Modeste could have easily scored a hat-trick. Luckily he couldnt hit a cows arse.