NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the last bargain he bought? Chicarito wasn't too bad but aside from that he's spent big money and not had great returns on it.

Dunno about bargains... he often pays top dollar but many of them pay him back with good performances...I can imagine its pretty hard to get "great deals" when you are man utd and come knocking.

Everyone know you are loaded and the price soars, 10 million is suddenly the minimum because if Fergie wants him, hes world class

I'd keep Jonas tbh.

Despite being an attacking midfielder playing in the best team in the country anderson seems to do nothing

Just having a look, he's scored 4 premier league goals and picked up 6 assists for man u in 5 years. For 20 million pounds.

Who was the last bargain he bought? Chicarito wasn't too bad but aside from that he's spent big money and not had great returns on it.

This Pogba is meant to be shit hot. Nicked from another club probs..

I'd keep Jonas tbh.

Despite being an attacking midfielder playing in the best team in the country anderson seems to do nothing

Just having a look, he's scored 4 premier league goals and picked up 6 assists for man u in 5 years. For 20 million pounds.

That's absolutely horrendous for a Man U player. This is a team which spends 90% of games camped on the edge of the opposition penalty area for 90 minutes taking shots for fun.

ManU destroyed Anderson in fairness, he didn't play the same sort of role at all when he was at gremio/porto, they started trying to turn him into some sort of deep laying midfielder/mix of scholes which clearly hasn't suited him.

(i'd agree he'd still be better than Jonas in that cm role though)

Fergie has Alan Smithified him.

Obsessed with finding a new Scholes to the point where his team is suffering from the void the ginger ankle-breaker will eventually leave behind. The fact Carrick still gets a game for them is ridiculous.

Which means in any case he would be "taking a step down" rather than a step up coming to us. Im not sure how that will motivate him, could work out I guess... but bringing in rejects on massive wages isnt something I can see ashley being onboard with.

Moving on since he cant get playing time ie failing to work his way into the first elleven.

Its Real Madrid so that hardly makes him a bad player, but still - will he be as hungry as up and coming stars?

Or is it Winston Bogarde Mk2

Anyway daft to talk about, it will never happen. Its how we signed owen :lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

He'd be just the sort of player that we'd sign - still a good age and feels like he has a point to prove. We're just about at the right level (transitional-wise) where he could be a great success.

Although I don't think he'd come here as the wage cut would be too steep. He'll go to Spurs.

Diarra is the sort of player we used to sign....been at the biggest/most succesful club he's likely to play for and is possibly on the lookout for a bunch of mugs who will pay him the same money, whilst he turns in bone idle and under motivated performances. We signed loads of them and I can't think of one who was an unqualified success.

Diarra is the sort of player we used to sign....been at the biggest/most succesful club he's likely to play for and is possibly on the lookout for a bunch of mugs who will pay him the same money, whilst he turns in bone idle and under motivated performances. We signed loads of them and I can't think of one who was an unqualified success.

I agree with Brock and Ant that he is a lovely prospect, Im just not sure we would be able to motivate him into spilling blood for a club that might tumble down to mid-table again. By then he has 4 years left on his contract and on 70 grand a week.. what then.

Tried signing lass on FM once with newcastle, oh he would love to come! Problem is he was demanding 3 times our wage cap :lol:

I hope you told him to fuck off, bloody mercenary