Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wish I wasn't banned from RTG :lol:

At 15:14

"Playoffs must be our aim."

"Get in!!! Hopefully this is the start of our winning run."

"Gerrin! Just need a clean sheet now "

• Like 1

Has essembee ventured outside for the first time in his life in celebration because I can't conceive of another reason that would cause him to not having posted about these #recordbreakers.

I've never got away with Coleman tbh, he's got a bit of the Nigel Pearson's or Mark Hughes about him. He's also come across as not being the biggest fan of us either the very odd time he's been talking NUFC which will obviously go down well with his new fanbase, match goers and stay aways alike. Hopefully he rots in the Wearside backwater. I'm not as confident on his managerial abilities as well, if he's come on as a coach he's going to need all his skills and some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've never got away with Coleman tbh, he's got a bit of the Nigel Pearson's or Mark Hughes about him. He's also come across as not being the biggest fan of us either the very odd time he's been talking NUFC which will obviously go down well with his new fanbase, match goers and stay aways alike. Hopefully he rots in the Wearside backwater. I'm not as confident on his managerial abilities as well, if he's come on as a coach he's going to need all his skills and some.

He’s overrated to fuck by the mackems since he has a bit more name recognition than the likes of Grayson. The reality is outside of a decent run in an extended (the reason they were even there) knock out competition aside he’s done fuck all in the last decade, and even before that his achievement was getting Fulham to about 9th. 

Fwiw the mackem historical society seems to be on the case saying his family lived in South Shields for a bit making him a MLF, so they’ll lap that up if there’s any truth to it. 

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

He’s overrated to fuck by the mackems since he has a bit more name recognition than the likes of Grayson. The reality is outside of a decent run in an extended (the reason they were even there) knock out competition aside he’s done fuck all in the last decade, and even before that his achievement was getting Fulham to about 9th. 

Fwiw the mackem historical society seems to be on the case saying his family lived in South Shields for a bit making him a MLF, so they’ll lap that up if there’s any truth to it.

:lol:

Don't think there can be a more desperate fanbase for stuff like this. If you stopped the average Sunderland fan and asked them 'X foreign football club was formed by a supporter of which English football club?' they'd shout out 'Sunnalin' before you'd finished asking the question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I vaguely recall him being decent (and likeable) at Fulham but as you rightly point out, that's near a generation ago in football terms.

Also, as hard as it may be to conceive of, I was even dumber back then.

Edited by adios
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Don't think there can be a more desperate fanbase for stuff like this. If you stopped the average Sunderland fan and asked them 'X foreign football club was formed by a supporter of which English football club?' they'd shout out 'Sunnalin' before you'd finished asking the question.

Still love how it turned out the Athletic Bilbao connection was Southampton and not them (which makes much sense anyway if you think about it).

I've never liked Coleman, always come across as a prick and outside of Wales his record is average at best (setting Coventry on the road to league 2).  I'm sure them lot down the road will read this as us shitting ourselves because they have a class manager now but the fact is without the two class players he had for Wales, they would have never wanted him themselves now let alone a year or two ago.

He's a much better appointment than it looked like they were capable of making last week.  To put it into context, it's akin to us managing to get Rafa Benitez to manage us.

Personally have always rated Coleman, though you're right, David Kelly, to point out his record at Coventry. And, though I think he did an amazing job at Euro 2016, to lose out to Ireland was pretty poor. Don't forget there were some really poor results before Bale got injured.

I'm pretty shocked he's actually taken this job, and managing to get someone of his ilk at this stage in their descent is a major, major coup that could save Sun'lun. That said, they look almost terminally bad, so it would take a huge effort to turn them into a competitive Championship side in the next year or so.

He must be kicking himself that Pulis got the boot so soon after he joined Sunderland.

fwiw, I agree he's a limited coach, but he's surely better than Grayson? Though that superiority may count for naught given the funds he doesn't have and the squad he does.

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He must be kicking himself that Pulis got the boot so soon after he joined Sunderland.

fwiw, I agree he's a limited coach, but he's surely better than Grayson? Though that superiority may count for naught given the funds he doesn't have and the squad he does.

Not sure he's got anything on his record past Wales to suggest he's better than Grayson tbh.

• Like 1