mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just watched the Grigg episode :lol: it lived up to the hype. They basically bought the bloke because of that song Wigan fans ripped right off the Mitro chant.

They said it was crazy money at £1.25m and kept just going up while saying “take it or leave it”, when they got him and Donald  went “see I told you we’d get him if you left the negotiating to me” aye unbelievable negotiating skills there :lol: 

The gold just kept going, from the mackem telling Donald that Grigg is the best transfer business they’ve done in years (Grigg is now a 1 goal in 7.5 game striker :lol: ), to the fantastic scene where Methven and Donald’s schtick of going on that mackem podcast spectacularly blew up in their face, to the point where Methven has to get on his soapbox and act like it’s ridiculous asking them to publicly review an employees performance - merely a month after he spent a lot of time absolutely laying into three marketing lasses to the documentary being filmed. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/__trashed/

This is very much worth a read. :D

For all it’s the insult they like to throw at us the most that really does lay bare the delusion that permeates the club, ie that they are one of the big boys. It stems from a couple things. Firstly a new stadium that they filled when they enjoyed a period of relative success, but also at a time when football in this country was experiencing an unprecedented boom. Secondly a ten year stint in the top flight which was only sustained because of living way beyond their means and even then included a seemingly annual relegation battle which included some pretty ridiculous escapes. And that’s it. 

• Like 1

I can't see any possible way that League One is finished this season. The Premier League and possibly the Championship I can see them being put into World Cup style camps and playing out the remaining fixtures over a month but surely anything lower than that is finished? 

And the good news is that there is no conceivable formula that would see the mackems promoted. :lol: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I can't see any possible way that League One is finished this season. The Premier League and possibly the Championship I can see them being put into World Cup style camps and playing out the remaining fixtures over a month but surely anything lower than that is finished? 

And the good news is that there is no conceivable formula that would see the mackems promoted. :lol: 

Three seasons in the 3rd tier, and a financial basket case of a club. It'll be interesting to see what state they're in after COVID restrictions are lifted.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

The Shady Cabal of Tyneside Businessmen working their magic once more.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

* snigger *

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

"Karbon Grill" though, howay. :lol: Sounds like the kind of place that'd serve pork and egg nuggets. 

:lol:
Not on a plate either, 100% in a tin on a piece of fucking wood. 

• Haha 1

'Wu neyd ta mak the club restaront sound classy as fuck seying as wa putting the advert in Ponteyland airport. Any ideyas, teym?"

"Put a K in front of carbon instead of a C, marra!"

"Up there for thinking, Doon there for dancing!"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

safcmain.jpg

giphy_(9).gif

:lol: That might be the best bit of all this. They seized on our relegation so strongly that season, they didn’t go as far the prior time we went down, and it backfired so spectacularly. 

They’re a third tier team :lol::lol: 

• Haha 2

Tbf that's the Hilton's marketing. But still, the fucking tragedy of that poster. I hope we returned the favour the following year with a similar poster in Park Lane bus stop. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tbf that's the Hilton's marketing. But still, the fucking tragedy of that poster. I hope we returned the favour the following year with a similar poster in Park Lane bus stop. 

:lol:

Spotted in Washington Galleries bus terminal......

3zkkcx.jpg

• Haha 5

Used to occasionally crack on with some random lads on the Friday teatime flight from Belfast when I was on my way home when I was working there. When we spent the season in the championship under Houghton a fair few were still coming over to watch premier league fixtures at the SoL. There was a bit of an Irish connection with Quinn, Keane and a few players so you could understand why. I never spoke to any of them who were actually staying in Sunderland though. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Used to occasionally crack on with some random lads on the Friday teatime flight from Belfast when I was on my way home when I was working there. When we spent the season in the championship under Houghton a fair few were still coming over to watch premier league fixtures at the SoL. There was a bit of an Irish connection with Quinn, Keane and a few players so you could understand why. I never spoke to any of them who were actually staying in Sunderland though. 

I wonder what team they "support" now.