mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 hours ago, Renton said:

You have to hand it to the persistence of these weird needy bastards. :lol:

I strongly suspect not a single local person will turn up to this "inaugural tournament". . 

image.thumb.png.7a2e72030158ad4f42cc97fd74a5f001.png

99.99% of people in Bilbao ….possibly more…image.gif.db79f37f13f267c6cf382df528e8b5b0.gif

• Haha 5

Is Exile the same bloke from the Sunlin til I die series with about 3 teeth crying in the stands who's infamous on the socials for biting at mags on the wind up, and also for crying on Facebook because his wife keeps leaving him?

If not, they seem very similar.

• Haha 2

Such odd people. Random thread pops up about Mark Knoppfler, don't know why. Third post down:

image.png.0106c7b7cb1c2e1833a6c2c2fa07d3cd.png

There follows a long thread bashing Newcastle, death threats to Sam Fender, and talk of "music washing".*

* In fairness, not all of them, but a sizable amount so fuck them. 

Edit: Apologies, I can see this was a historical thread. It was bumped because his new album references the Tyne apparently. Fewmin. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

:lol: He went to my schools in Gosforth, which I'd say is fairly Geordie, albeit soft-as-clarts Geordie. Granted, this will have been before the local government reform act so it'll still have been in Northumberland at the time, but acting like it's not always been a Newcastle suburb is bizarre like.

• Haha 7

Yeah. Gosforth is County Northumberland marra so not NUFC. So is Wallsend come to that. Gateshead though is County Durham so is SAFC marra.  :lol:

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Such odd people. Random thread pops up about Mark Knoppfler, don't know why. Third post down:

There follows a long thread bashing Newcastle, death threats to Sam Fender, and talk of "music washing".*

Edit: Apologies, I can see this was a historical thread. It was bumped because his new album references the Tyne apparently. Fewmin. 

Born in Scotland to an Blyth mother and Hungarian dad, moved to Blyth when he was a toddler, and went to school in Gosforth. I think if we allow Dan Burn to be a Geordie then it's only fair that Mark Knopfler gets to be one too IMO.

It's mental that they take such a huge problem with stuff like this, it's not like they don't have plenty of their own famous faces to be proud of. Such as Bobby Thompson, Lauren Laverne and that slag from Geordie Shore.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Born in Scotland to an Blyth mother and Hungarian dad, moved to Blyth when he was a toddler, and went to school in Gosforth. I think if we allow Dan Burn to be a Geordie then it's only fair that Mark Knopfler gets to be one too IMO.

It's mental that they take such a huge problem with stuff like this, it's not like they don't have plenty of their own famous faces to be proud of. Such as Bobby Thompson, Lauren Laverne and that slag from Geordie Shore.

And Jackie Milburn (as a child). 

If I never hear Local fucking Hero ever again it’ll be once too many. 

Having got that out the way, claiming Gosforth isn’t Geordie is Olympic Gold level mental gymnastics. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

at the risk of being whooshed here.....

why?

The ancient Magyar tribe’s name means “Sugar Eaters” in Magyarese. 

Probably. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

at the risk of being whooshed here.....

why?

I fear the antipodean virus that makes people speak irrelevant gibberish may have infected these shores. 

30 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Except of course Bobby grew up in Washington never lived in Sunderland itself and moved to North Shields. He would never have referred to himself as a mackem he was a pit yacker. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I mean he went to school in Newcastle and considers himself a Geordie iirc. Is a fan of NUFC. Brought up / schooled in the area so what’s the fucking problem? 
It winds them up for some reason yet at the same time they’re so irrelevant they try claim anything with a tenuous link* to Sunderland, Co. Durham as belonging to them. 
*or completely fictitious link like the Bilbao thing 

• Like 3

My favourite is how they are adamant that Sting used to support them then changed allegiance to us. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any actual evidence to back that up but, even if it’s true, how the fuck does that reflect well on them? 

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

My favourite is how they are adamant that Sting used to support them then changed allegiance to us. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any actual evidence to back that up but, even if it’s true, how the fuck does that reflect well on them? 

I get through all 24hrs of every day without caring which famous person claims to support Newcastle United. If possible I care even less about which famous people claim to support Sunderland. My support for Newcastle is not really dependent on the whims of a minstrel who enjoys shagging at the pace of a geriatric sloth.

• Haha 8

I like a lot of the Eurythmics stuff but when I discovered Dave Stewart was a mackem I said to myself, 'I dinnot care that you and Annie are pleasing on me ear, ahve not listened to car salesmens bullshit to put up with Yee so dinnot tell me about any thorns in ya side, am not fucking interested now, marra.'

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I like a lot of the Eurythmics stuff but when I discovered Dave Stewart was a mackem I said to myself, 'I dinnot care that you and Annie are pleasing on me ear, ahve not listened to car salesmens bullshit to put up with Yee so dinnot tell me about any thorns in ya side, am not fucking interested now, marra.'

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Except of course Bobby grew up in Washington never lived in Sunderland itself and moved to North Shields. He would never have referred to himself as a mackem he was a pit yacker. 

Just let me have my joke man for fuck sake :lol:

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hated that toy dolls ditty about nellie the elephant when I was a young punk, and in fairness the fact they were mackems compounded matters.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

:lol: Aye so basically anyone that’s famous that supports Newcastle is actually pretending seems to be their thing. Of course they at some point supported Sunderland, but changed for monetary reasons despite the mackems claiming the Sunderland fanbase are bigger, more respected by the rest of the UK and the world, it’s the logical move to try and make a cash grab by playing to a fan base they claim is smaller, fickle, and hated by everyone :lol:. Honestly man can they at least try to make some type of logical sense?

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye so basically anyone that’s famous that supports Newcastle is actually pretending seems to be their thing. Of course they at some point supported Sunderland, but changed for monetary reasons despite the mackems claiming the Sunderland fanbase are bigger, more respected by the rest of the UK and the world, it’s the logical move to try and make a cash grab by playing to a fan base they claim is smaller, fickle, and hated by everyone :lol:. Honestly man can they at least try to make some type of logical sense?

It seems like they still believe "First Dibs" counts for something?

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I want to continue this line of mockery but can't think of any other famous mackem. :lol:

James Bolam, Wearside Jack, hmmmm. Oh Yeah. 

"A was just half way through a wank thinking about the lovely Lauren Laverne, then a remembered from somewhere at the back of my heed she's a fan of massive lads. From vinegar strokes to CT's button mushroom in 5 seconds I can tell yer, can't use it for anything other than pissing now." 

• Haha 4