mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Lovely stuff. They had some knacker from Roker Report on the radio yesterday saying things like “it’s unbelievable, I’ve never seen us play football this good, it’s incredible” and I thought “you scraped into 6th and you have a bit of a pace on the counter attack” The standards are so low and you just have to look at what happened last night when faced with a strong, athletic side. Makes me think that they might not beat us after all

• Haha 8

A bit like the Ajax side that reached consecutive Champions League finals in the mid-90s - their big challenge going forward will be how they rebuild after the biggest clubs in Europe have taken their best players. 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Lovely stuff. They had some knacker from Roker Report on the radio yesterday saying things like “it’s unbelievable, I’ve never seen us play football this good, it’s incredible” and I thought “you scraped into 6th and you have a bit of a pace on the counter attack” The standards are so low and you just have to look at what happened last night when faced with a strong, athletic side. Makes me think that they might not beat us after all

According to Gabbiadni on Total Sport they have invented a new way of playing football :lol: keeping hold of the ball and 'Those Cruyff passes where you let it through your legs and kick it' :lol: Silly CUNT

• Haha 6

if you look at their home form over the last 8 games of the season they were 22nd out of 24 teams. Which is weird given what fantastic support they get at the SoL. :MITRO:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

if you look at their home form over the last 8 games of the season they were 22nd out of 24 teams. Which is weird given what fantastic support they get at the SoL. :MITRO:

You know that they're toxic.

music video breast GIF

• Haha 5

they appear to be winding themselves up on rtg this morning in to forming a deep hatred and eternal rivalry with tinpot luton. 

their grudge games now start off on the south coast at portsmouth, head up to bedfordshire, cross over to the midlands for a dust up with jimmy hill's boys before heading north again for a stop off in the potteries.

they're forging an unlikely truce with the smoggies at the minute and are desperate to see them disperse of the sky blues before gaining a wembley triumph against the evil hatters.

they need to be very careful do the mackems or the only friends they'll have left in the entire football world will be bilbao.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 14

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they need to be very careful do the mackems or the only friends they'll have left in the entire football world will be bilbao.

:lol:
This friendship will last forever, since they’ve got no hope of ever playing them competitively

• Haha 4

I'm hoping for us to rub it in on Thursday night by producing some classic mag behaviour, adding to our tally of 63 lucky goals and landing our 19th lucky win of the season in what has been an absolutely awful Premier league season where everyone has underperformed, especially against us.

• Haha 8

They’re an amazing young team who play some of the best free-flowing, attacking football anyone has ever seen. They also finished 11 points behind tinpot Luton who play league one hoof ball and were the poorer side for about 75% of a two-legged playoff. They were 22 points (or needed 8 of their losses converted to 7 wins and a draw) from getting the tally Sheff Utd amassed to get an automatic promotion spot. Schrödinger's Black Cat 👍🏻

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
This friendship will last forever, since they’ve got no hope of ever playing them competitively

the tragic thing is the basques are blissfully unaware of just how matey they're supposed to be.

• Haha 3

Looking at their team, that Diallo kid, (flatters to deceive for me) not theirs, Roberts looks canny tricky and could do OK with better players around him so he doesn't have to try and do it all himself and their right back looked OK too, they could struggle to keep the latter two tbh. 

As Alex says, they were well off the pace this season and next season could be a rebuild again where they need to improve the areas that were lacking this season AND possibly replace the better performers from this season.

That's a big ask.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Mowbray set to be sacked according to Talksport. :lol: 

You’re joking? That’s mental if true. 

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Ah god, they’re going to get a “highly rated” young coach from abroad and do it all wrong, aren’t they? Please say yes

Aye, some fella from Germany was mentioned.

• Haha 2

They are going to struggle to find a manager who can get his head around this new type of football they've invented.  Maybe they should employ Chat GPT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

They must be gambling on Pep winning the CL and walking away from City. It's the sort of appointment that makes sense for their newly invented style of football.

• Haha 2

Mowbray is fucking great for them tbh. Good coach, manager, great bloke, happy to be there, has performed above reasonable expectations etc., has the fans behind him. And you’d imagine it won’t take long for a new coach to realise they’ve been sold a pup. Because there’s nothing to suggest there’s much money. They don’t even stock the fucking club shop 

• Like 1

I heard that this Kevin Louise Dreyfus kid is going to be their next manager because his mam will stop his pocket money if he doesn't get a job or tidy his room. 🤷‍♂️

But yeah, this is fucking mental. He may be the ugliest man in football, but he did a great job getting this lot to the play offs and is well liked and respected. I did think he would struggle next year for a variety of reasons, but it's highly unlikely a replacement will do better imo. 

• Like 4