mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Yers can kayep your Hiltons, hotel du vin  and Malmaisons marra. Am stating at the Lemonrree for me free breakfast and slice of Kraft for the match. FTM!

Screenshot_20230703_082122_Google.thumb.jpg.cbe6643fed42ee8cf5d51296b7c95c0b.jpg

:lol:

Did they get their 4 stars free in a cereal box or something? :lol: 

Who the fuck looks forward to an away day in Sunderland? Besides the lads whose weekend plans include braving that hellhole for the duration of the match and no longer. "Weyeve got greyut beeyuches"

Beaches? We've all got beaches man. Loads of them. Beautiful ones, unspoiled by some 12yr old pissed up Jaden holding his mam's blue pop as she shits in a bin.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Who the fuck looks forward to an away day in Sunderland? Besides the lads whose weekend plans include braving that hellhole for the duration of the match and no longer. "Weyeve got greyut beeyuches"

Beaches? We've all got beaches man. Loads of them. Beautiful ones, unspoiled by some 12yr old pissed up Jaden holding his mam's blue pop as she shits in a bin.

Who the fuck is that desperate they go onto any forum of another team and then says how great their town is and slags off their rivals for likes though? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Who the fuck is that desperate they go onto any forum of another team and then says how great their town is and slags off their rivals for likes though? 

Fish?

;)

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fans who get a taxi to Newcastle for a night out after :lol: 

Newcastle bars have missed a trick there like. Mile Castle should put on a free shuttle bus that picks the away fans up and drops them off outside the pub.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm maybe biased, but I rate the North Shileds fish quay, Tynemouth, Culercoats, Whitley Bay circuit quite highly, all on the metro less than 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Admittedly I have never been to Roker or Seaburn apart from the air show (RIP) 15 years ago, I'm sure they're okay and infinitely better than their shit tip of a town centre. 

image.png.b5c253da8edce1b4f01cb82f58aa032b.png

I've lived in Tynwmouth most my life. Yes, I would indeed include it as being part of contiguous Newcastle, because it is. Just look at a map. It's more joined to Newcastle than Whitburn is to Sunderland. I don't really think anyone seriously thinks the border of Newcastle and North Tyneside at Wallsend/Longbenton is anything other than an administrative one, and yes, we nearly all support NUFC here.

Then you have madness like this.

image.png.68555bed137d2a2597d8200c34078c55.png

Aye, because a colection of pubs 1 mile from Newcastle city centre is exactly the same as a beach 40 miles up the coast being in Sunderland. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fish?

;)

Hey! I might be sad enough to go onto other clubs' messageboards, but I don't bother my arse to slag off their rivals. Don't even know who I'd pick for Villa, is it Birmingham, West Brom, Coventry, Wolves? And what about Luton, who the fuck do they hate? Whipsnade Zoo?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Hey! I might be sad enough to go onto other clubs' messageboards, but I don't bother my arse to slag off their rivals. Don't even know who I'd pick for Villa, is it Birmingham, West Brom, Coventry, Wolves? And what about Luton, who the fuck do they hate? Whipsnade Zoo?

:lol: I think Luton hate either Oxford, Watford or both but I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it's one of them as I thought it amusing when I read it years ago.

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: I think Luton hate either Oxford, Watford or both but I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it's one of them as I thought it amusing when I read it years ago.

Oxord hate Swindon I think. Luton have a strong rivalrly with Stanstead and Gatwick.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Oxord hate Swindon I think. Luton have a strong rivalrly with Stanstead and Gatwick.  

If only there was another fanbase who had an irrational hatred of airports, they could become speshull fwends.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

That sounds about right as well. Might have been reading? Anyway, whatever it was it made Norwich v Ipswich or Brighton v palace look the old firm match. :lol:

Claiming the entire County of Durham including all the bits of it that were historically within that county too is fine though. Even though, by their own admission, it’s full of ‘Mags’ 

• Haha 1

I used to know a Luton fan from Cambridge and he hated Cambridge United. Not sure if that was universal though 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

For the avoidance of doubt, Luton’s main rivals are Watford. Cunts hate each other. It’s often more intense when it’s two different towns/cities I reckon, because the average football supporter is less likely to have day to day contact with their nearest rivals eg in the same workplace. Especially if they’re in different divisions… 

• Like 2

Luton definitely hate Watford. I always thought it was quite funny as, even in the 80s, Watford had a reputation as a family oriented club

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Luton definitely hate Watford. I always thought it was quite funny as, even in the 80s, Watford had a reputation as a family oriented club

:good:

The vocalist has a major Geordie connection, 10 points if you know without googling… 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

:good:

The vocalist has a major Geordie connection, 10 points if you know without googling… 

No idea. Well I didn’t until I looked it up. I used to love that show though. I’d completely forgotten about it. Murphy was the Scottish football manager of the team. They used Watford matches in the scenes didn’t they? Coincided with when they were class under Graham Taylor with John Barnes and Luther Blissett. Can’t actually remember anything that happened in the tv series like. 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

No idea. Well I didn’t until I looked it up. I used to love that show though. I’d completely forgotten about it. Murphy was the Scottish football manager of the team. They used Watford matches in the scenes didn’t they? Coincided with when they were class under Graham Taylor with John Barnes and Luther Blissett. Can’t actually remember anything that happened in the tv series like. 

I vaguely remember watching it but thought they used the baseball ground. (Probably used both for different series). 

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I vaguely remember watching it but thought they used the baseball ground. (Probably used both for different series). 

I just googled it. It was originally Watford then Derby in later series. 54 episodes over four series apparently. When I was looking it up I did vaguely remember one about a ghost 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I've always hated watford too, on account of elton john being a vastly overrated, talentless cunt.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've always hated watford too, on account of elton john being a vastly overrated, talentless cunt.

My dad insisted that Bernie Taupin was the only talent there, but I think my mother liking Elton John fueled this affirmation to keep her submissive.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

My dad insisted that Bernie Taupin was the only talent there, but I think my mother liking Elton John fueled this affirmation to keep her submissive.

doubt your old man had much to worry about, think elton would've been more in to marc bolan.