mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

This post...wow.

This is exactly the issue I have with NUFC fans - they have an over inflated sense of where they are in the football world. They genuinely seem to believe they are a Top 8 and always a couple of wins away from getting into Europe. I still remember the 1st game last season when my in-laws came back from watching the match (1-3 loss to Man City) full of arrogance and cockily stating they were quality and would have "no problems" that season

'This is exactly the issue I have with NUFC fans - they have an over inflated sense of where they are in the football world.'

Do we? Really? Good craic. Try proving that.

'They genuinely seem to believe they are a Top 8 and always a couple of wins away from getting into Europe.'

No, we don't. Bloody hell, I'm 14, 15 in December and even I know this is a low-midtable (11th-14th) season for a platform for McClaren to rebuild the team. We know what we are and this stupid, annoying stereotype always infuriates me; and the fact they believe it proves they truly are the contradictory, pathetic troglodytes we all perceive them to be.

I still remember the 1st game last season when my in-laws came back from watching the match (1-3 loss to Man City) full of arrogance and cockily stating they were quality and would have "no problems" that season.

1. The fact he actually 'remembers' this is pathetic.

2. Usual 'mag at work/mag in-laws' mackem craic.

3. This is the 2012/13 season he is referring to? IIRC we only brought in Anita in the summer that season and I knew after the 0-1 loss at home to West Ham that we weren't going to be in the top 6/7 that season. I thought we might manage top 10 but that run we went on that season November-December was atrocious. We all knew it was the relegation fight for us come the turn of the New Year.