mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The Allardyce (then Keegan) season was my first ever season ticket. What a load of shite it was. I still have nightmares from when we lost 1-4 at home to Portsmouth after conceding 3 goals in something like 4 minutes.

From SMB

"I've always felt that Sam would manage us one day or another and we are really quite lucky to get him given our current plight.

I am convinced he is the best one to keep us up this year, definately more likely to do it than Rodgers, and honestly can see him being a big success for us"

We've watched some abysmal shit since then but away to Wigan under Allardyce on boxing day 2007 remains the singularly worst performance I've ever seen from us in 30+ years.

The win away to Fulham (iirc Barton scored a pen in injury time) was ridiculously dour as well.

We've watched some abysmal shit since then but away to Wigan under Allardyce on boxing day 2007 remains the singularly worst performance I've ever seen from us in 30+ years.

That was my first away game in years :lol:

They're welcome to him

If we can stop giving them six points as has been stated, that would go a massive way to seeing them doomed. Would be nice to see the lazy 'Sam keeps teams up' mantra fall flat on it's face from the likes of Merson et al. However, looks like I've a ticket for the derby and I can see that smug bastards face now if they beat us with the old 'new manager, new bounce' trick yet again.