mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

We've watched some abysmal shit since then but away to Wigan under Allardyce on boxing day 2007 remains the singularly worst performance I've ever seen from us in 30+ years.

Even worse than the home 0-6 loss to Liverpool a couple of years ago under Pardew? My little brother was in tears and an absolute state for the whole week afterwards. I didn't know it was even possible for anything to get worse than that.

The football under Allardyce was absolutely desperate and depressing. I've hated him ever since. That fucking loss to Derby County man, we went there to nick a draw against one of the worst teams in prem history

The football under Allardyce was absolutely desperate and depressing. I've hated him ever since. That fucking loss to Derby County man, we went there to nick a draw against one of the worst teams in prem history

Aye. Weren't we the only team they beat? And we drew with them @ SJP as well iirc.

Yes that's right. They might even have had the lowest points total that season too. Was typical of his anti football approach with us, but of course he laid the blame with the fans and their "expectations" for his own failure. Wanker.

Yes that's right. They might even have had the lowest points total that season too. Was typical of his anti football approach with us, but of course he laid the blame with the fans and their "expectations" for his own failure. Wanker.

Yeah. They (Derby) have the lowest points total in Premier League history: 11. We didn't beat a team that finished bottom with 11 points. :spaz:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Derby_County_F.C._season#Premier_League

I think they took the record of the mackems :lol:

Hippo head is like Pardew, they leave us and rewrite history to ignore their crap football. I've no fear of him going to the mackems, they're made for each other. He'll buy another load of old journey men and might keep them up, but will be terrible to watch and waste loads more money. Like he did with us in fact.

There's a pattern in his record, he secures stability (If you can call it that) but everyone gets pissed off after a while of his shit tactics.

"Following Dick Advocaat's departure, Sam Allardyce has been appointed as the new Sunderland manager.

Allardyce has a wealth of Premier League experience with Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham - but is he the right man to turn Sunderland's fortunes around?

Here, we take a look at his managerial experience in the top flight

Allardyce enjoyed the best spell of his managerial career after winning promotion to the Premier League with Bolton in 2001. The Trotters narrowly avoided relegation in their first two seasons in the top flight, but it wasn't long before they started punching above their weight.

Allardyce developed a knack for bringing the best out of aging stars such as Yuori Djokaeff and Jay-Jay Okocha, and Bolton's direct, physical style made them a nightmare to play against. Allardyce's side finished in the top eight for four consecutive seasons between 2003 and his departure in 2007, reaching a League Cup final and the knock-out stages of the UEFA Cup in the process. His achievements saw him touted as a candidate for the England job in 2006.

Newcastle

Allardyce ended his long stay at Bolton in 2007, citing a desire to win silverware as he signed a three-year contract to take over at Newcastle. After a busy summer in the transfer market, Allardyce kicked off his tenure with a 3-1 win over his former club. The Magpies went unbeaten in Allardyce's first five games, but things soon started going downhill.

Poor results and an unattractive playing style made Allardyce an unpopular figure with Newcastle supporters, and the under-fire manager was sacked after just eight months in charge following a run of two wins from 13 games. "It was a shock, I didn't expect it," said Allardyce at the time.

Blackburn

After almost a year out of work, Allardyce succeeded Paul Ince as Blackburn manager in December 2008. He steered Rovers to a comfortable 15th-placed finish that season, and in his first full campaign in charge, Blackburn finished 10th and also reached the semi-final of the League Cup.

Allardyce was widely ridiculed for suggesting he was "better suited" to managing the likes of Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea or Manchester United in 2010, but his sacking in December that year when Blackburn were sitting 13th was greeted with widespread surprise. "Not in my wildest dreams did I see this coming," said former Blackburn captain Ryan Nelsen. "Nor did anyone else because of the job he has done since he has come to Blackburn."

West Ham

West Ham appointed Allardyce following their relegation to the Championship in 2011. He led them back into the Premier League via the play-offs, and they finished 10th in their first season back in the top flight. Despite stabilising the club, however, Allardyce came under fire from West Ham fans and pundits for his tactical approach.

Allardyce had promised to resurrect "the West Ham way" following his appointment, but he adopted a typically direct style in favour of the attractive football supporters wanted. That appeared to be changing as they started the 2014/15 season strongly, but their form deteriorated in the second half of the campaign and Allardyce left at the end of his contract following a 12th-placed finish.

Comparison

So how does Allardyce's record compare to his Sunderland predecessors? Allardyce's has overseen 437 Premier League games in total, winning 148, drawing 120 and losing 169 and giving him an overall win percentage of 33.9 per cent. By contrast, Gus Poyet only had a 23.3 win percentage in his 60 Premier League games at the helm, while Dick Advocaat was down on 17.7 per cent for his 17 games in charge."

:lol: Aye. And do they put that 'FTM' thing at the end of almost anything they write? 'Are you going to the pub tonight? FTM' 'Thank you. Hope to see you soon. FTM' 'Happy 6th Birthday! FTM'

:lol:

I hope we absolutely burst them next week :lol: I don't expect too for all you mackem tramps trying to say we're over reacting to battering the inbred farmers today but them bamps are due a kicking from our lot and it would be brilliant to turn Fat Sams shambolic army over.

:lol: Aye. And do they put that 'FTM' thing at the end of almost anything they write? 'Are you going to the pub tonight? FTM' 'Thank you. Hope to see you soon. FTM' 'Happy 6th Birthday! FTM'

:lol:"You may kiss the bride, FTM."