mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah. The ABSOLUTE worst thing you should do is offer a solution to her problems. Don’t ever go there. 

You can also offer the worst advice ever first time you are asked and they sharp learn you are not the person to go to for advice.

"Your manager made you, an admin assistant, file a box of old contracts, and despite the fact it's not in your job spec there is a line that says the list is NOT exhaustive and you will be asked to complete other tasks similar, or in line with your role. What a complete bastard. Have you thought about screaming the DX theme tune and hitting him with a sweet chin music?"

Problem solved, now you can be a nodding dog in peace.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I bet he went one step further and remembered her friends names.

We did the “ free pass” quiz thing, where you’re allowed one free shag if the opportunity arose. 

I should’ve said Salma, not her best mate, on reflection. 

• Haha 6

This reminds me of my mam informing me of deaths and illnesses of various people I ‘know’. As in I went to school with a younger relative or something. So it’s a relation to someone I might not have seen in 30-odd years and I’m supposed to know who they are and feign interest. Even though I don’t, so I don’t 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I bet he went one step further and remembered her friends names.

Hats off to him then. The amount of times I've found myself in hot water with a simple, "who the fuck is that?" when 'apparently' she talks about this friend 'all the time', is immeasurable.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

We did the “ free pass” quiz thing, where you’re allowed one free shag if the opportunity arose. 

"Do your twin sisters count as one, or do I have to pick one of them? Where are you going? This was your fucking idea!"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Suppose it’s better than her sister. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Hats off to him then. The amount of times I've found myself in hot water with a simple, "who the fuck is that?" when 'apparently' she talks about this friend 'all the time', is immeasurable.

Rookie mistake.

When she spots you looking dumbfounded when describing this brand new friend Sandra:

”you know, Sandra who named her new baby after ours?”

this is when you nod : “oh yeahhhh. I remember now” without not having a fucking clue who she is talking about.

You can use this get out jail free card next time Dazzler-boy.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

This reminds me of my mam informing me of deaths and illnesses of various people I ‘know’. As in I went to school with a younger relative or something. So it’s a relation to someone I might not have seen in 30-odd years and I’m supposed to know who they are and feign interest. Even though I don’t, so I don’t 

Yep, this and my Dad confusing catching up with listing his itinerary for the next few days then "I'll get your mum".

People are fucking weird.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Yep, this and my Dad confusing catching up with listing his itinerary for the next few days then "I'll get your mum".

People are fucking weird.

My dad just tells me how much time he thinks he has left. It was a bit of an inside joke between us until he was rushed to hospital because his GP had fucked up his prescription which made him more poorly than normal, and he decided to say (in front of his 7 year old granddaughter): "I've probably only got a year left, me. I reckon one more Christmas and that's me done." It wasn't funny after that, though he thought it was amusing that I had to drive home and explain why Granda was saying silly things at the hospital. He was home a day later with the right prescription and has been fine since. Cunt.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Rookie mistake.

When she spots you looking dumbfounded when describing this brand new friend Sandra:

”you know, Sandra who named her new baby after ours?”

this is when you nod : “oh yeahhhh. I remember now” without not having a fucking clue who she is talking about.

You can use this get out jail free card next time Dazzler-boy.

Fuck that. I'm not opening the floodgates for discussions about Sandra and her bong-eyed kid. My wife knows better though tbf, she uses their pets as a way to jog my memory. I am more likely to remember someone because of their dog than I am over any other part of their life. "Oh yeah, how is Archie the staffy's owner doing?"

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Sisters can be best friends. Especially the step sisters in the films I tend to watch.

Are these the same ones where the stepmother gets “stuck” in a washing machine, then her pants fall off? 

Lemon stealing whores, tbh. 

• Haha 5

Our thread was parsnipped after a thousand posts or so. They are getting more and more insane. Apparently M'Bappe is just a better version of David Bellion. :lol:

Screenshot_20231128_210143_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5d478136b32f0ebb2962064e730edacd.jpg

But this has to be peak wibble, surely?

Screenshot_20231128_202730_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f69208f2587b815e48cdda38ead35347.jpg

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 5

So, if we pretend it’s true for a moment, it’s supposed to be a bad thing that a player that previously dived all the time and (as is inferred) bottled out of tackles, is now a player who physically imposes himself in games? :lol: 

They’re not just inventing stuff, they’re inventing stuff that’s actually a positive thing for NUFC and suggesting it’s ‘evil’? :lol: Rather than being played in positions that suit him better under a far superior coaching system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think it's the failure to recognise the levels of playing and losing to Plymouth versus playing fucking PSG away that astounds me. 

It shouldn't really but fucking hell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Honestly man, this absolute dribbler "Keith" is still at it :lol:. To say he has shit for brains is an insult to shit.

image.png.e764560ff879fd117a80297c984b1fcf.png

The cutting ‘mags are mugs’ bit at the end got me :( 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Honestly man, this absolute dribbler "Keith" is still at it :lol:. To say he has shit for brains is an insult to shit.

image.png.e764560ff879fd117a80297c984b1fcf.png

The absolute jealousy is rotten away at his limited brain cells.

It's hilarious seeing these whopper's implode every day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

The cutting ‘mags are mugs’ bit at the end got me :( 

It's an utter killer mate. Both rhyming and alliterate. I dunno, I'm on the verge of defecting to become a fan of massive lads as a result. 

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

The absolute jealousy is rotten away at his limited brain cells.

It's hilarious seeing these whopper's implode every day.

Aye, as thick as he is I’m not sure even he believes that twaddle. Not sure who he’s trying to kid but, like you say, it just reveals how gutted he is. Same with Exile in a different way. I think it was HMHM saying if the roles were reversed he’d be doing all he could to avoid thinking about them, rather than obsessing about it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

I've just started to watch the Walking dead (late to the party I know), did they pitch that series as a representation of an away day to Sunderland?

The sequel Dawn ( maggy bastard Thewlis) of the Deeyd is worth missing. 

• Haha 2