mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Ah OK cheers. My brother got me the book for Christmas actually but I haven't started it yet - I'm still reading Touching Distance, which is absolutely class

Just reading that too. It's quality. Heartbreaking comparison with what the club has become under Ashley though.

Just reading that too. It's quality. Heartbreaking comparison with what the club has become under Ashley though.

Aye it really is - for me it's been a reminder of the hope and positivity we had in those years. It really hits home that it's just not the same club now. I just read Ferdinand's chapter last night - what a top bloke, it was great to read what he had to say about what it meant to him to play for the club and supporters. Same goes for Kelly as well, brilliant stuff. I've heard them say similar things in various interviews over the years but Martin Hardy has done a great job pulling it all together and putting in in context with the narrative of those few seasons.

Alex Richards

There are a number of teams in the Premier League that need strengthening in the coming week - but none need reinforcements to get where they need more than Sam Allardyce’s Sunderland.

Wins over Aston Villa and Swansea have been followed by a mauling at Spurs and a draw with Bournemouth – a game where Allardyce was happy to sit back and claim a point. Now the Black Cats head into a devilish run of six games, where Man City (H), Liverpool (A), Man United (H), West Ham (A), Crystal Palace (H) and Southampton (A) all await; six points would be some going.

Forget bottom of the table Villa for the moment - they’re done, in need of a complete overhaul in the summer, from top to bottom. This isn’t the window for them. At the Stadium of Light, Big Sam needs to stiffen his side, throughout, and fast.

Kind of makes you nostalgic, doesn't it? :lol:

Can't wait to hear what they think about Townsend ;)

Well they've a 13 page thread on him already, so there's bound to be some gems in amongst that lot.

Did we have a thread on any of their players?

Well they've a 13 page thread on him already, so there's bound to be some gems in amongst that lot.

Did we have a thread on any of their players?

I had anticipated something along those lines :lol:

Have they decided if he's shite yet?

They're torn, either he's shite and no better than Johnson, or he's typical of Newcastle just throwing money at the problem.

Given the state of our reserves it's not a surprise that anyone beats them six nil. As a result it means the square root of fuck all to anyone with an IQ higher than Brendan Dassey, but it is another example of how poor our reserves and juniors are. There needs to be a serious shake up that part of the club. As well as most of the other parts of the club tbh.

Given the state of our reserves it's not a surprise that anyone beats them six nil. As a result it means the square root of fuck all to anyone with an IQ higher than Brendan Dassey, but it is another example of how poor our reserves and juniors are. There needs to be a serious shake up that part of the club. As well as most of the other parts of the club tbh.

Always seem to get beat whenever I notice the results of the U21, U18 teams, etc.