mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

In January will Moyes again go for players he has no chance of getting,just to take the piss out of the makems.The 4 year contract handed out to Moyes will make Ellis 'FTM ' Short reluctant to get rid,no matter the shit they're in,so more good news for us.

your hatred of the fuckers is admirable

I'm enjoying this thread http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/we-must-be-the-worst-premier-league-team-ever.1275967/

Makes a point about his side by asking a fairly reasonable question and is, on the whole, lambasted.

It'd be fair to say they're the worst Premier League side on average. They scrape survival every season, despite spending much more than other clubs, as the OP says, they never paste anyone and are often on the receiving end of pastings. Other teams may have had worse seasons (Villa springs to mind) but to consistently finish 16-17th is pretty fucking shocking. :lol:

Jesus, that thread actually makes me feel bad for them. :(

:lol: I like the first reply, saying West Brom are worse as they're a team who are always shit but not shit enough, completely ignoring the facts that that describes Sunderland and Sunderland finish below West Brom basically every season or at the very least spend most of it below them.

I'm enjoying this thread http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/we-must-be-the-worst-premier-league-team-ever.1275967/

Makes a point about his side by asking a fairly reasonable question and is, on the whole, lambasted.

It'd be fair to say they're the worst Premier League side on average. They scrape survival every season, despite spending much more than other clubs, as the OP says, they never paste anyone and are often on the receiving end of pastings. Other teams may have had worse seasons (Villa springs to mind) but to consistently finish 16-17th is pretty fucking shocking. :lol:

One of them reckons us, Villa, Leeds, Blackburn and Fulham were worse before an older head reminds him that all have played in Europe whilst playing in the PL. :lol:

One of them reckons us, Villa, Leeds, Blackburn and Fulham were worse before an older head reminds him that all have played in Europe whilst playing in the PL. :lol:

They're misunderstanding the question. It's not which teams were particularly shit in one season, it's which club has been most guilty of stinking out the Premier League.

Sunderland are indeed the shit stain on the Premier League's out of use toilet in the leagues disused premises, every now and then you have to go off the main estate and check it for security purposes but nobody is going to claw the shit stain from the side of the bog because it's not in their remit anymore, thus it remains. A rancid shit stain, clinging to a disused bog, in a derelict building for a decade. 

Meanwhile Newcastle United have generally contributed wonderful things to the premier league - en bloc fans of other clubs probably enjoyed us going down as well as our successful periods, I'd say a lot of fans of other clubs would like to see us back up too.

Sunderland are permashit, Whereas we sometimes forget how to win or get ourselves in a mess this tweet sums up our relegations. 

I love their belief that they relegated us. They were the worst of the 17 teams that finished above us but it was them that relegated us. Their complete lack of any logic keeps on going year after year.

It's all they have to help them forgot a truly awful season. Their manager, the one they begged to stay and sent flowers to his wife walked away at the end of October because they were shit and he couldn't help them.

Their next manager was kept in the dark that he would lose Johnson after the transfer window so he couldn't replace him and then when they did get 17th, all the money BSA boosted of getting to move forward failed to materialise.

They hired a plane to humiliate us and nobody cared.

Our last game was a huge party rather than a protest.

We didn't need to have a player firesale as they predicted

Our manager stayed.

Our club made loads of changes in the off-season while they couldn't even get the seats changed.

Thinking they relegated us is the only positive they have.

I also like that all the blame for the their shit pre season and transfer window is being completely laid at the door of the FA.  Yes it's the FA that are withholding transfer funds and persuading transfer targets that Sunderland his a shit hole and they are a club that knowingly allowed a nonce to play. 

They're trying to forget the Johnson thing happened, not because of what he did but how their club handled it.

The CEO and whoever else knew what he'd done encouraged them to continue hero worshipping, singing his name and letting their kids walk around with his name on their freshly bought shirts. They know they have a nonce to thank for much of last seasons 'success' and yet if they admit that then they feel they somehow validates his choices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#All-time_Premier_League_table

If you copy that into a spreadsheet and filter out teams who've not been in the Premier League for 10 seasons or more you'll see Sunderland and West Brom at the bottom of the pack. 

And when you stack that performance against their spend...

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-1992-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

Makes me think, they give us shit for "delusion" but our ambition means that survival isn't enough for us and we protest (sometimes in embarrassing ways) and strive to affect change. They meekly renew their season tickets, rock up in their thousands, and fuck off when their team is capitulating once more. There seems no anger towards the way their club is mismanaged, their seems no desire to progress? Are they afraid to appear too demanding? :lol:

Think Allardyce was a good fit for them in that they needed to be well organised and hard to beat and he's good at doing well with limited resources etc. but the way he was made out to have done a fantastic job was silly. I've mentioned it before but they got two more points than us over the 30 games he was in charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#All-time_Premier_League_table

If you copy that into a spreadsheet and filter out teams who've not been in the Premier League for 10 seasons or more you'll see Sunderland and West Brom at the bottom of the pack. 

And when you stack that performance against their spend...

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-1992-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

Makes me think, they give us shit for "delusion" but our ambition means that survival isn't enough for us and we protest (sometimes in embarrassing ways) and strive to affect* change. They meekly renew their season tickets, rock up in their thousands, and fuck off when their team is capitulating once more. There seems no anger towards the way their club is mismanaged, their seems no desire to progress? Are they afraid to appear too demanding? :lol:

*effect ;)

The RTG witch trials!

It turns out that the new Sunderland Echo reporter maybe a Mag; some of them are already collecting wood for the pyre.

"The Sunderland writer for the mag should be one of us or support somebody else other than the skunks. It's laughable."

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/new-sunderland-echo-reporter-apparently-a-mag.1276057/page-4

Tbf I'm not sure I'd be happy if the lead sports writer covering NUFC for the chronicle had an SAFC tattoo! Not sure this mad is going to last long....

Tbf I'm not sure I'd be happy if the lead sports writer covering NUFC for the chronicle had an SAFC tattoo! Not sure this mad is going to last long....

We do of course have Louise Taylor for the Guardian in that boat :lol: And she is widely despised.

A bit different I guess, since the Guardian is a national.