mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I love their belief that they relegated us.  They were the worst of the 17 teams that finished above us but it was them that relegated us.  Their complete lack of any logic keeps on going year after year.

The one at work loves reeling the 'we relegated you' line out like. I just say aye you's and Johnson.

If it had been the other way round, we'd have had a few :D smileys in the match thread where it was decided, a few follow up pages on this thread about how they were handling it, and it would have been old news in about two weeks at most.

If we'd still been going on 4 months later about how we relegated them I'd be embarrassed to be associated any of you :lol:

We're in the division below them and they still have an inferiority complex. Because that's how they are as a city I'd argue.

Edited by Rayvin

It must be awful to be stuck supporting them.  Doesn't matter how much money is in the Premiership, what millionaire footballer is going to drive through Sunderland, and think, yes this is where my future lies.  Roughest hole I've ever been in, and I've been in a few backwater shitholes.

However bad it gets supporting Newcastle, there's always a promise of better things and occasional miracles like Keegan and Rafa.

If it had been the other way round, we'd have had a few :D smileys in the match thread where it was decided, a few follow up pages on this thread about how they were handling it, and it would have been old news in about two weeks at most.

If we'd still been going on 4 months later about how we relegated them I'd be embarrassed to be associated any of you :lol:

We're in the division below them and they still have an inferiority complex. Because that's how they are as a city I'd argue.

Forever In Our Shadow.

NUFC are more important to us than sunlun,and the same applies to the makems.We are the most important thing in a makem's life.We rule their life and they know it.Sad Makem Bastards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#All-time_Premier_League_table

If you copy that into a spreadsheet and filter out teams who've not been in the Premier League for 10 seasons or more you'll see Sunderland and West Brom at the bottom of the pack. 

And when you stack that performance against their spend...

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-1992-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

Makes me think, they give us shit for "delusion" but our ambition means that survival isn't enough for us and we protest (sometimes in embarrassing ways) and strive to affect change. They meekly renew their season tickets, rock up in their thousands, and fuck off when their team is capitulating once more. There seems no anger towards the way their club is mismanaged, their seems no desire to progress? Are they afraid to appear too demanding? :lol:

Maybe they will, now that they won't get the 6 points off us this season, which would in previous years have kept them up

Forever In Our Shadow.

NUFC are more important to us than sunlun,and the same applies to the makems.We are the most important thing in a makem's life.We rule their life and they know it.Sad Makem Bastards.

Well, most of us...

Maybe they will, now that they won't get the 6 points off us this season, which would in previous years have kept them up

Aside from the promoted sides, it is hard to look at any Premier League side and see a sure-fire 3 points going to the mackems. It could be that's down to my bias, but there can't be many teams that fear entertaining them. Boro, Burnley and Hull must surely identify sunderland as fixture that they can get a precious win? 

Were we ever seen as whipping boys?

They'll be reading this and calling us deluded and arrogant and all the rest of it, but honestly, scraping survival every season is embarrassing for a club of their fanbase and history. We've been relegated, sure, but as someone said on twitter,

We'll be back and when we are, our aim won't be to secure safety in the final couple of fixtures. Honestly think they'd do well to go down, clear out all the shit (might take a while) and make root and branch changes across the organisation and come back with an identity that isn't the "turd that refuses to flush".

They don't have a lot of shit left though - they've gotten rid of most of them now haven't they? I can't think of any players who would leave them if they went down, exactly. They'd have the same players and even less ability to pull in decent new ones.

After this weekend's game against Tottenham they have Palace and West Brom at home.I can guarantee you the majority of makems will expect 6 points from those two home games.Of course there will be no logic in expecting 6 points but that's makems for you.Fans from every other club,if they were as shite as the makems,would hope for 4 points at best,not the makems though.But that's makems for you.The following game is away to Stoke.Makem's will be lumping their giro's on a convincing away win,the giro is the currency in sunlun.

They don't have a lot of shit left though - they've gotten rid of most of them now haven't they? I can't think of any players who would leave them if they went down, exactly. They'd have the same players and even less ability to pull in decent new ones.

Kone, Kirchoff, Khazri, Ndong, off the top of my head. No, they're not great, but they'd definitely not fancy a season (or longer) in the Championship.

Kone, Kirchoff, Khazri, Ndong, off the top of my head. No, they're not great, but they'd definitely not fancy a season (or longer) in the Championship.

They really aren't great, but I suppose you're right given what went on over the summer. Take them out and they really are fucked.

Their entire team is shit tbh, Kone's looking like it was a purple patch, that Kharzi is a total nightmare of a player and I'm not even going to discuss that players like Donald Love and McNair play somewhat regular for them.

Fucking hilarious really. "In the PL though ftm" it's in name only in all honesty as they're sure as fuck not competing in that division.

They really aren't great, but I suppose you're right given what went on over the summer. Take them out and they really are fucked.

Kone has signed a new deal, but will that be enough to keep him there if Everton revisit their interest later in the season? Khazri looks out of favour and Kirchoff can only last 60 minutes by the looks of things. 

Can't imagine what will happen if Defoe attracts the attentions of someone like Everton, Palace or Stoke around January. A midtable side looking to strengthen their options up front with a reliable experienced pro. Could sunderland convince him to stay? I can't imagine Moyes' football will get Defoe's pace racing and for all his faults, Allardyce knew to make sure Defoe felt he was the focus of the team.

If our players start getting attention, I fancy us to be able to fend off all but the biggest of clubs. I can't see Ritchie swapping Newcastle and Rafa for West Brom and Pulis, but I can see Kone swapping sunderland and Moyes for Boro and Karanka.