mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I'm not elevating Pardew and Allardyce here, so much as saying there's probably not actually a lot to choose between many of them. I mean, even Guardiola has looked intransigent and tactically flawed this season - and he's supposedly the poster child for intelligent management.

I'm not elevating Pardew and Allardyce here, so much as saying there's probably not actually a lot to choose between many of them. I mean, even Guardiola has looked intransigent and tactically flawed this season - and he's supposedly the poster child for intelligent management.

:lol: Aye I didn't think you were I just always like a good pop at Pards.

It'd only be interesting because they'd be a disaster. I don't think it's a coincidence that Pardew struggled to manage the more talented players in his squads (Ben Arfa, Tevez, Mascherano) and favoured their far inferior team mates over them (Obertan, Carlton Cole, Nigel Reo-Coker), he was fine with Cabaye but I honestly don't think he did much coaching of Cabaye it showed as when Cabaye left the line-up the team played a completely different style of football. 

I get what you're saying about Moyes and Van Gaal but Moyes took over a title winning side and spent a good whack of money on some questionable players, the side itself was also sort of falling apart which is why I think Ferguson got out when he did. Though to be fair I think by that point Van Gaal had started to get too into his own theories on tactics and his Man Utd side seemed to have a crippling fear of risking the ball to such a point that they'd pass the ball backwards at the slightest hint of pressure.

Remember when Cabaye curled a free kick to the far post (shocker I know) and we scored, and in the post game interview Pardew couldn't fucking wait to tell the world the goal was down to him?

I bring it up because I'm convinced that's the only time he's told Yohan Cabaye to do anything but "'Ave a good gayme moi sahn"

If you love them so much why don't you marry them?

Remember when Cabaye curled a free kick to the far post (shocker I know) and we scored, and in the post game interview Pardew couldn't fucking wait to tell the world the goal was down to him?

I bring it up because I'm convinced that's the only time he's told Yohan Cabaye to do anything but "'Ave a good gayme moi sahn"

:lol: That corner and free kick routine btw, it must have been one of the most persistent uses of a failing tactic in professional football.

I think you're right though, you could see the change instantly any time Cabaye left the pitch. You can't even say the other players weren't capable of playing that way as they were doing fine in strings of passing that didn't even include him when he was on the pitch but as soon as he went off they started just lumping it up. 

:lol: That corner and free kick routine btw, it must have been one of the most persistent uses of a failing tactic in professional football.

I think you're right though, you could see the change instantly any time Cabaye left the pitch. You can't even say the other players weren't capable of playing that way as they were doing fine in strings of passing that didn't even include him when he was on the pitch but as soon as he went off they started just lumping it up. 

Boss, we haven't scored like this in months and Willo can't remember where he lives any more.

Fahkin' exactly Colo me ohld choyna! Them cahnts won't spect it! 

The teams he had available to him though;

Harper, Krul,

Debuchy, Janmaat, Simpson,

Colo...

Enrique...

Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Nolan, 

Ba, Ben Arfa, Carroll, Cisse.

Some weren't amazing, but Jesus Christ they're all Premier League standard and we should have done more with what we had. Imagine Benitez with that lot. :spinwank:

Can't say I blame them mind, we were a fucking joke today and it was the first game we've properly looked like we might bottle it now. We'd be pissing ourselves at them if the roles were reversed tbf.

That Derby equaliser hasn't gone down well on rtg.They're back to accepting we're going up.To think they spent 90 minutes listening to our game,then celebrated ,then down to earth with a bump thanks to Wolly Brolly Man's Derby County.Night night makems .

At least they had that 88 minutes of walking on air before Butterfield smashed their dreams.

Edited by Howay

It's interesting to hear him talking about China. Will he have a career to go back to after this? He's 28 or something isn't he? So out at 34 unless he gets an early release, but even then he'd be the wrong side of 30. I think he's finished, personally.