mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Coked up cunts bars as opposed to boring cunts bars

They're both coked up, but one is more bragging, the other more braying.

Meant that footballers aren't likely to be hanging out in the pubs filled with Tarquins and Ruperts i.e. the White Horse in Parsons Green (Sloany Pony) or the Ship in Wandsworth.

They'll be in the kind of bling bars that Alasdair and Tippy wouldn't dare set foot in. 

:lol: Fair enough, although with a name like Hugo I'm still skeptical. Think you naturally get drawn to them crowds when your name fits. Whatever the case I bet the Spurs players are loving it at the minute as they'll be ahead of the Arsenal players for queues into the clubs.

Some of them still haven't given up - this one has posted a scenario wherein the mackems would "stay up on goal difference" with his set of results across all the teams in the mix to go down.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-a-miracle-that-far-fetched-look-at-these-fixtures.1349990/

Aside from the fact that he's envisioning them winning 5 games despite having not even scored in 6, he's worked it out wrong and they'd actually still be relegated even with his wildly optimistic scenario :lol:

Some of them still haven't given up - this one has posted a scenario wherein the mackems would "stay up on goal difference" with his set of results across all the teams in the mix to go down.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-a-miracle-that-far-fetched-look-at-these-fixtures.1349990/

Aside from the fact that he's envisioning them winning 5 games despite having not even scored in 6, he's worked it out wrong and they'd actually still be relegated even with his wildly optimistic scenario :lol:

Aye it's canny funny tbh. I think the lad is pissing about to be fair to him but it is hilarious that they are so shite the only way they'd have a shot at staying up is if Boro and Swansea get 2 draws and lose the rest, while Hull win 1 and lose the rest. I hope they go the rest of the season without scoring now, be brilliant hearing their "we'll walk that league marra" predictions when they had a side that hadn't scored in their last 11 or something fixtures.

Having a look at his later posts I'm not sure he's taking the piss, he seems to be trying to show that there are possibilities that they could stay up but that he thinks they'd never happen, seems a bit moot considering there will always be possibilities that they can stop up until they are mathematically relegated though...

Edited by Howay

Aye it's canny funny tbh. I think the lad is pissing about to be fair to him but it is hilarious that they are so shite the only way they'd have a shot at staying up is if Boro and Swansea get 2 draws and lose the rest, while Hull win 1 and lose the rest. I hope they go the rest of the season without scoring now, be brilliant hearing their "we'll walk that league marra" predictions when they had a side that hadn't scored in their last 11 or something fixtures.

Having a look at his later posts I'm not sure he's taking the piss, he seems to be trying to show that there are possibilities that they could stay up but that he thinks they'd never happen, seems a bit moot considering there will always be possibilities that they can stop up until they are mathematically relegated though...

To be fair the poor fucker, the results he's given the other teams down there aren't outlandish at all.  At least when you look at them on an individual basis.  But when you put them all together and add in the results they need to make it remotely relevant it's an absolute joke.  Can't see any way they can stay up this time.

To be fair the poor fucker, the results he's given the other teams down there aren't outlandish at all.  At least when you look at them on an individual basis.  But when you put them all together and add in the results they need to make it remotely relevant it's an absolute joke.  Can't see any way they can stay up this time.

Aye they're not but as you say it's more the fact he has them all going on those sorts of runs and the mackems getting 13 points from 18 :lol: . It's fucking brilliant they're going down and it's about fucking time tbh. 

It's actually been a good laugh reading some of their stuff today, they have a thread where they are pondering if Bas Dost would be worth going for, a lad playing at Sporting Lisbon and is getting almost a goal a game there will definitely jump at the chance to go there :lol:.

They're also thinking if Mooy would be good for them, again I don't think it's much of a logical jump to think he'll be playing in the PL next season as when he goes back to Man City I'm fairly sure there will be PL sides willing to give him a chance off the back of this season (Tammy Abraham falls into this category too imo). So it's nice to see they're setting their expectations nice and high ahead of what will likely be a miserable transfer window for them. 

There's a thread on there about how they felt about Moyes being appointed which has differing responses. What isn't differing is their opinion on Allardyce, they almost seem to a man convinced he'd sorted them out and they were on the verge of better things had he not fucked off to England. I just can't believe not one of them think he kept them up and that's it, he's nothing special. It's like us heralding Carver for keeping us up when Jonas scored against West Ham. (Obviously even Allardyce is a better manager than Carver but you get my drift). Had Allardyce stayed do they think for one nanosecond they'd be anywhere other than battling like fuck to stay up? It's a mass delusion on a scale they like to attribute to us.

To be honest, I do think Allardyce would have had them further up the table. Not midtable as some predict, but he'd have got them within a win or two of safety at this point, I reckon. Same as he's done with Palace.

I think it's fair to say his ability is hugely overstated on RTG, but his football will keep limited squads up.

To be honest, I do think Allardyce would have had them further up the table. Not midtable as some predict, but he'd have got them within a win or two of safety at this point, I reckon. Same as he's done with Palace.

I think it's fair to say his ability is hugely overstated on RTG, but his football will keep limited squads up.

Palace have a far better team than Sunderland though.

Palace have a far better team than Sunderland though.

They do, undoubtedly. I think Fat Sam is a very limited manager, with a massive ego. Where Pulis seems stoic and a little humble, Allardyce genuinely thinks that the only reason he's not had a shot at a "big" job is that he's part of the old British manager coterie. Where in fact the reasons are legion. 

He has one style of play and when it works it can undo much, much better sides, but it will also often come hopelessly unstuck against very average sides. It's negative, it's boring, it's inflexible and ultimately he values not losing over winning. Because he goes out intending to get a point, he'll rarely do better than c1.2PpG, which is good enough for about 46pts in a Premier League season(around 13-14th).

The Crystal Palace side he's inherited will likely see flair replaced with function and they'll likely end up around 13th-14th for a few seasons before pressure from the fans force Allardyce out.

Allardyce at Palace just highlights how shit Pardew was tbh. Don't think he'd have kept Sunderland up this season either.

Dunno like, Moyes' biggest problem was a disrupted pre-season in the wake of Allardyce's exit.

Say Allardyce stayed, he knows that squad, who needs replacing/getting rid of, the players know his style of play. I don't think Moyes is a terrible manager, I just think he's not good enough, to do well enough, quickly enough, with the shitshow he inherited.

He wouldn't have lead them to the top half, but I reckon he'd certainly have got more points on the board than Ol' Big Eyes.