mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

27 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

From the BBC

• Former Manchester City and Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell remains under contract and, although his salary also recedes, it still totals upwards of £40,000 per week. By contrast, the average salary of a League One player is between £1,700 and £2,500.

They've really worked out those relegation clauses well

Mackem at work isn't really bothered as he's not that interested in football but he did try to change the subject after a couple of minutes about big clubs needing a manager and whether Ashley and Rafa would part company. But he's obviously not really bothered about football. Another one wasn't at the match, 'never been for years', 'not that arsed' but last month or so was clinging to the German takeover story that was hovering around them for a few days. But he's obviously not really bothered about football. 

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Just remembered that lad having a shit in the stands. What a season :lol:

12 Beers, 6 Ciders and 2 Advent Calendar chocolates :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

So the team weren't the only thing that dropped in the Stadium of Light this season.

That lads shit was slightly less rancid too I reckon.

The mackems will get £1.5m TV money next season.

I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we can earn at least half of that just for being on TV tonight :lol: 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

The mackems will get £1.5m TV money next season.

I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we can earn at least half of that just for being on TV tonight :lol: 

$1.5m? FUCKED!

http://payaso-de-mierda.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/gone-for-burton.html

Sunderland and its hinterland is a living, breathing Sociology textbook, where every index of social deprivation is turned up to 11. When every avenue of self-improvement is closed to you, the tendency to become insular and spikily protective, even when your own supporters are soiling themselves in the stands, is a simple choice.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Was reading the thread on there about 'Mags in the ground'. One says they hope they got chinned by the Burton fans (except they didn't, because Burton have no reason to hate us and seem to have been loving it) then another says he was brave staying in the away end until another points out there's footage on twitter of the same bloke singing Newcastle songs outside the ground. I think all the hoolie stuff is pathetic but it's fucking hilarious how there's barely a thread on there without a few of them piping up about how much damage they'd have done if they'd been there why x, y or z happened then there's a Newcastle fan at the game, ripping the piss then doing the same outside the ground on the day they get relegated to the third tier and absolutely nowt happened to him :lol:

• Haha 2

Love it how they come out with the '6 in a row FTM' then you get the 'It still hurts you'

They just cant get their heads around the fact that we dont think like they do :lol: It would of been the end of their world had we done it to them so they just assume its the same for us :lol:

It stung at the time but now they're in league one for fucks sake.

Managed to say alright to a couple of mackems today without saying anything about it. I'll take my drink on the veranda, the one with the view of the moral high ground B) 

But even if it was the other way round 6 in a row wouldn't bother them if they were in the top flight and we'd just gone down to the third tier. The fucking irony of them cliaming it's the greatest thing that's ever happened to us as well