mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

At this point the debt is greater than the value of the club so Short's going to have to pay someone a tidy sum just to take them off his hands.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

In relation to Moyes, you'd have to say he's got a better pedigree than virtually anyone they've had since Reid (who's obviously done fuck all since but did a good job for them and Man City). But the fans couldn't wait to get rid of him completely taking their eye off the bigger picture. If he was still there now he'd probably be getting dog's abuse if they didn't at least make the play-offs. I agree with Rayvin in that with a better atmosphere at home and they'd probably have stayed in any case but Moyes is a better manager based on what he's done in the past than either Coleman or Grayson and I think they'd still be in the Championship if he was still their manager. Blaming him for all the ills at the club (which in fairness the OP is being called out on even on the first page) is absolutely stupid.

They seem to list every manager to blame since their formation in the odd thread I read over there.

4 minutes ago, adios said:

They seem to list every manager to blame since their formation in the odd thread I read over there.

Aye. I mean they're the common theme, not the managers themselves :lol: It's an absolute graveyard. Also, as a lad at work noted, the amount of points needed for survival is going to be pretty low this season, which makes Sunderland's performance even worse

I'm honestly in disbelief that they've managed to do it - and somehow finish below Burton??

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. B) 

• Like 1

Don't know if I read it on here or somewhere else but someine said their last half decade policy of using a managerial change just before they play us and getting a very temporary bounce from it is almost certainly 75% of the reason why they find themselves in division 3.

The other 25% is player recruitment.  No one hoping to progress their career wants to play for them because as a club there is no substance to them. There's nothing to attract them but a pile of money and a flat on the Quayside. There's not many clubs that have been used quite so badly by the mercenaries and fuckin spivs who control football transfers nowadays. They're basically the worst symptom of what used to be a sport but is now just a empty  corporate vessel propped up by a media that over hypes the utter dross outside the top half dozen sides to such an extent I can barely watch or listen any longer.

Thing is after the utterly shameful Adam Johnson/Margaret Byrne carry on youd have to be as soft as shite to have even a tiny bit of sympathy for them. She and Short have overseen this fuckin shambles, they've signed the cheques, sacked their abysmal appointments one by shitty one and covered up for a paedophile because he was their best player. Administration is a near certainty but who'd want to help out a frankly toxic "brand"? They're going the same way as Rangers iyam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Should keep Coleman with Phillips as his assistant just to channel Braindead

:lol::lol: Jackson's best work tbf.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They're going the same way as Rangers iyam. 

I might start believing in Jehovah if this happens.

Couldn't happen to two more deserving clubs. 

:spinwank:

36 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Thanks Alex.... was quite enjoying me lime n soda before that

I recommend assembling a dinner party to watch the dinner party scene.

Bad Taste was fucking incredible too.  Might be due a rewatch.

Edited by adios
both available on Youtube
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, adios said:

Bad Taste was fucking incredible too.  Might be due a rewatch.

It's good when they're shooting at the aliens and it's just the same people dressed as aliens firing back at them :D

:lol:  

Bazooka going straight through the house and blowing up the sheep was a highlight for me back then.  The effects were so fucking bad

:lol: 

And while I'm fucking at it, the crack about Pickford getting one over on us. Apart from our only having two shots on target, what possible satisfaction can they derive from that? He's one of the best talents the club has produced in recent years and not only is he going to be plying his trade at a club two divisions above them next season but the exorbitant fee they somehow managed to obtain has all been spunked on servicing their debt

• Haha 1

Clutch

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

And while I'm fucking at it, the crack about Pickford getting one over on us. Apart from our only having two shots on target, what possible satisfaction can they derive from that? He's one of the best talents the club has produced in recent years and not only is he going to be plying his trade at a club two divisions above them next season but the exorbitant fee they somehow managed to obtain has all been spunked on servicing their debt

He's been shite this season the mackem scumbag.

• Like 1