mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Some of the names getting bandied about forn their next manager are mind boggling.

Duncan Ferguson

Jermaine Defoe

John Terry

Gus Poyet

Roy Keane

Then the usual suspects, sewpa Kev etc....

I mean, honestly I'd never even heard of their last 2 managers (Lee Johnson and Phil Parkinson) and I'd  only ever heard of Jack Ross because I've an interest in St Mirren. What's the bets they'll end up with another nobody who'll get the usual abuse? I really hope Sunderland 'til I Die is still going, it's the most successful thing about the club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Aye, for me it’s just another extension of this delusion they have about being a third division side. They always reel off a list of Championship or even PL level managers every time the vacancy comes up (or they’re hoping it comes up), iirc last time they were saying they should get Chris Wilder ffs.

If they don’t get promoted it’ll be their 5th season in the third tier, I don’t understand when they’re going to wake up to the facts and realize they’re not a PL team that’s on a brief stint out the league but will be back soon, it’s very possible they won’t ever be back in the PL. Even if they do go up it’s not like they’ll just fly up the Championship, they’re struggling to keep pace with Wigan and Rotherham who will themselves be among the weakest in the league, they’ll be fucking miles behind sides like Fulham who are themselves miles behind even shit PL sides. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NJS said:

They had an owner who put fucking millions of his own money in and pandered to every insane manager change the cunts wanted and they hounded the poor fucker out. 

Fuck them. 

Remember when they thought the two tossers that bought them using their own parachute payments were miles better to have than the billionaire that spunked fortunes on them? 

They are a fan base that fucking adored a neo nazi, and proudly backed a nonce, then have the brass neck to call themselves classy compared to us because some drunk idiot punched a horse. Never mind the shameful scenes when they had their day out at wembley and half of Sunderland bathed themselves in Trafalgar Square fountain while what I can only assume is a woman in their world voided her bowels and strutted around starkers in the fountain to the applause of the orc hoard. Despite all this they still genuinely think they’re some fondly thought of, impressive club. 

They really are the best local rivals you could dream of having mind. Even at our lowest ebb and a second relegation under Ashley they refused to kick on, in fact they started the magic run they’ve been on since, with such classic phrases that bit them on the arse like “cos weeeyah in the premeeahhh leyygue they aren’t”, “if we were playing the likes of Rotherham every weeyk we’d be top of the leyygue as well”, and who can forget “enjoy your trip to Burton”. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Some of the names getting bandied about forn their next manager are mind boggling.

Duncan Ferguson

Jermaine Defoe

John Terry

Gus Poyet

Roy Keane

Then the usual suspects, sewpa Kev etc....

I mean, honestly I'd never even heard of their last 2 managers (Lee Johnson and Phil Parkinson) and I'd  only ever heard of Jack Ross because I've an interest in St Mirren. What's the bets they'll end up with another nobody who'll get the usual abuse? I really hope Sunderland 'til I Die is still going, it's the most successful thing about the club. 

Is Mick Buxton still alive? If not then Mala Crosby seeing they keep bringing up ex-managers. If they want a more recent ex then I'm sure Brucie will be all ears if the price is right? :good:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Remember when they thought the two tossers that bought them using their own parachute payments were miles better to have than the billionaire that spunked fortunes on them? 

They are a fan base that fucking adored a neo nazi, and proudly backed a nonce, then have the brass neck to call themselves classy compared to us because some drunk idiot punched a horse. Never mind the shameful scenes when they had their day out at wembley and half of Sunderland bathed themselves in Trafalgar Square fountain while what I can only assume is a woman in their world voided her bowels and strutted around starkers in the fountain to the applause of the orc hoard. Despite all this they still genuinely think they’re some fondly thought of, impressive club. 

They really are the best local rivals you could dream of having mind. Even at our lowest ebb and a second relegation under Ashley they refused to kick on, in fact they started the magic run they’ve been on since, with such classic phrases that bit them on the arse like “cos weeeyah in the premeeahhh leyygue they aren’t”, “if we were playing the likes of Rotherham every weeyk we’d be top of the leyygue as well”, and who can forget “enjoy your trip to Burton”. 

You forgot to mention the kid who had a pony in his seat

• Haha 1

They’ll be fuming today. They’ve got a legitimate reason to be watching the TV today and we’re swinging out massive cocks all over the screen casually bidding more than they’re entire clubs worth for players none of us have heard of. (Apart from Diego/The Fish)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Mad how much work they’re having to put into this Defoe deal given that he’s a free agent. 

You’d think it’d be fairly straight forward. Is he there because he loves the club (lol) or for one last pay day? 🤔

Also he hasn’t been getting a game for rangers and is the SPL really any better than league one?

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mad how much work they’re having to put into this Defoe deal given that he’s a free agent. 

You’d think it’d be fairly straight forward. Is he there because he loves the club (lol) or for one last pay day? 🤔

Also he hasn’t been getting a game for rangers and is the SPL really any better than league one?

I'd think old firm SPL is probably nearer championship standard. 

Working on site with a couple of SMB today and they are creaming themselves over the possible signing of JD whose last club was in the bob a job league

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'd think old firm SPL is probably nearer championship standard. 

Most of the opposition isn’t though. He did well when he first went on loan but has done very little since. 4 league goals last season, none this which is from just a couple of sub appearances this year. You’d think he’d still be a good finisher like. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

:lol: They genuinely believe it too man, the bloke is 40 and last played in the PL six seasons ago, do they honestly not see how this is yet another attempt to placate them by their owners? Nah they’ll just lap it up like they always do. 

• Haha 1