mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They're absolute nuggets like. They can't seem to grasp that, yes he's the NE reporter, but he's reporting that news to a channel that is broadcast to the nation. And the nation doesn't give a fuck that Sunderland has signed someone from Fleetwood Town, or thinks they've landed the signing of the season by securing 3 months of Jermaine Defoe. 

• Haha 5

Basically Defoe was the best thing that happened in the transfer window, and then to top it off Wee Phillie outdid Keith Downie by running round the Academy of Light getting "exclusives" and mistaking another black man for Defoe. 

It's a crying shame that the Netflix camera crews aren't still there. 

• Haha 6

One thing that makes me laugh about the mackems shouting at Sky Sports is that Sunderland receive a disproportionate amount of coverage for the level that the club is at. 

They are already spoiled, the nation doesn’t care about Sunderland & with Gateshead & Spennymoor to report on which should the chronicle? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I wanted was the national stations and journalists to talk about Sunderland on a regular basis, I mean, isn't that what they do with all the 3rd division clubs?........No? Oh well I'll go and jump in the sea then. 

guy dive GIF

• Haha 4

This is why they're where they are. They'll not only accept the signing of a 40 year old has-been, they're actively celebrating it - all over twitter posting wanking gifs and "is it just me or is everyone else erect?" at the return of a bloke who isn't even on a downward trajectory anymore, he's fucking finished.:lol:

Their owners mustn't believe their luck. 

• Haha 6

On 30/01/2022 at 19:54, Howay said:

:lol: They’ll never learn eh. Him going in there calling them all shite, and trying to intimidate them is definitely going to work. They’re third in the league man :lol: shocking result aside they were where they’d hope to be (delusion of being way above that level aside), they’ve likely just derailed their own season because their owners are so desperate to placate their ridiculous fan base. I hope they never change. 

Could you imagine if roles were reversed man? Imagine losing 6-0 to Bolton then the next day the mackems spent €50m on a 24 year old Brazilian international while we sacked our manager in knee jerk style. 

He was infuriated that Premier League players couldn't match his exacting standards, imagine what he'd be like when Ian Lastnamehere misses from a yard out, or Gary Whatshischops spoons a 5yd pass into the Wear?

Every season they're around the promotion candidates and then, as the season draws to an end, the League One squad buckles under the weight of Premier League expectation and can't get over the line and the fans turn feral, but we've got unrealistic expectations.

The boss sees a few bad results and a streak of bad form and the fans literally offer the manager out and yet we're fickle.

They think that Roy Keane, or Sewpa Kev is the answer to their managerial woes, but we're living in the past....

Fucking hell, they think that 40yr old Jermaine Defoe will fire them to promotion this season, but we are more bothered about a famous name, than what's best for the club.

• Haha 5

I wonder if Oldham Athletic fans hound the fuck out Downie’s North West equivalent because they don’t get similar coverage to Manchester United and Manchester City. 

I get they’re annoyed at where they are but he’s fucking spot on that he’s not the bloke to take it out on. There’s not some secret agenda here and the comments of “that’s it then a Sky employee CONFIRMING only the premier league matters”, take the fucking red and white geps off for a second and look at the coverage other teams in your division and even the division above get. Add in Newcastle spent the most in the Premier League (possibly world football as well?) in this transfer window, it’s honestly not clicking with them why we would receive more of SSN’s attention? Like all jokes aside it’s genuinely insane they expect they’d receive anywhere near the coverage. 

Even disregarding the entirety of the above, why would they work much around the signing of Defoe? It’s a 40 year old bloke that’s been out of contract for a month or two? It was widely known that he was in discussions with them, and pretty much only them, so SSN are just going to wait for that to be confirmed and report it. One of their reporters isn’t going to trespass in order to film people through windows to get that ‘scoop’. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

I wonder if Oldham Athletic fans hound the fuck out Downie’s North West equivalent because they don’t get similar coverage to Manchester United and Manchester City. 

I get they’re annoyed at where they are but he’s fucking spot on that he’s not the bloke to take it out on. There’s not some secret agenda here and the comments of “that’s it then a Sky employee CONFIRMING only the premier league matters”, take the fucking red and white geps off for a second and look at the coverage other teams in your division and even the division above get. Add in Newcastle spent the most in the Premier League (possibly world football as well?) in this transfer window, it’s honestly not clicking with them why we would receive more of SSN’s attention? Like all jokes aside it’s genuinely insane they expect they’d receive anywhere near the coverage. 

Even disregarding the entirety of the above, why would they work much around the signing of Defoe? It’s a 40 year old bloke that’s been out of contract for a month or two? It was widely known that he was in discussions with them, and pretty much only them, so SSN are just going to wait for that to be confirmed and report it. One of their reporters isn’t going to trespass in order to film people through windows to get that ‘scoop’. 

I didn't even realise that.

To be fair, quite a few Hollywood movies have been made about a gnarled old professional doing "One last job".

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think retarded is the word you're looking for

Speaking of…

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

SOS

Where footballers go for their final payday. ( O’Shea,Brown,Leadbetter,Defoe,Adam ‘one of their own’ Johnson,Nunez) 

SMB.27-3-1970.Took the bastard good and proper.

• Haha 2