mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think Allardyce's dark arts were already becoming less effective in the top flight by the time he left for England. I dunno, I think that he may have kept them up for a season or two, but relegation for them felt inevitable rather than just a risk.

Same is true for Burnley.

they still hanker for the fucker now and for a bloke who walked out on them when he was failing over a decade ago!

Taking a step away from all the rivalry stuff, it is canny sad to see the mess that they've got themselves in, cos they are getting fully fucking shafted, left, right and centre. Mismanaged in a way that Ashley never even came close to. 

But then you see the historic comments about their owners, who have been taking the piss for fucking ages, and they've all denied the evidence that was plain to see. Then the comments about us and the utterly fucking deluded stuff about how our owners are shit, and they're not here to put money in, and the mags are fucking idiots if they think they're gonna compete, etc. Every signing we make is shite, dunno what they're so excited about, Howe is fucking shit, he's no Keano, etc etc. 

And you just think: you dopey cunts deserve everything you're getting. And then you think I'm gonna watch Sunderland Til I Die again and try and imagine what all the dozy cunts on it are going through right at this minute. And I'm gonna enjoy it even more than I did the first time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they still hanker for the fucker now and for a bloke who walked out on them when he was failing over a decade ago!

They judge everybody by a single metric.

Did you, at any time, and regardless of failings prior or subsequent, get one over on the mags? If so, we will have you back at the club in a heartbeat because, like fucking soup brain Pickford, once the mags enter the equation, any and all logic or control of basic motor function becomes impossible. 

They're the weirdest fucking people. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Taking a step away from all the rivalry stuff, it is canny sad to see the mess that they've got themselves in, cos they are getting fully fucking shafted, left, right and centre. Mismanaged in a way that Ashley never even came close to. 

But then you see the historic comments about their owners, who have been taking the piss for fucking ages, and they've all denied the evidence that was plain to see. Then the comments about us and the utterly fucking deluded stuff about how our owners are shit, and they're not here to put money in, and the mags are fucking idiots if they think they're gonna compete, etc. Every signing we make is shite, dunno what they're so excited about, Howe is fucking shit, he's no Keano, etc etc. 

And you just think: you dopey cunts deserve everything you're getting. And then you think I'm gonna watch Sunderland Til I Die again and try and imagine what all the dozy cunts on it are going through right at this minute. And I'm gonna enjoy it even more than I did the first time. 

This nonsense about not wanting to protest, because that's mag-like behaviour. It's like a cat refusing to leave a burning house, because that's the kind of thing a dog would do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

This nonsense about not wanting to protest, because that's mag-like behaviour. It's like a cat refusing to leave a burning house, because that's the kind of thing a dog would do.

Honestly man, I cannot understand them as people. Even now, as fucked as they are, if they drew us in the cup next season and somehow beat us, that would buy the owners another 5 years of failure to get out of League One without complaint. 

• Like 2

Their obsession with us, and to avoid being like us significantly adds to the their own detriment. 

I mean, would they protest if a multi-billion dollar investment fund decided to buy them and transform them, simply because it would 'echo what the mags did' ? I genuinely think considerable numbers of them would. 

I echo the sentiment that, being objective,  it's a fucking travesty to witness a traditional football club being mismanaged in such a fucked up way. I'd hate for it to happen to my club so there is a tinge of sympathy for them. Not that they help themselves in any shape or form however. We all know they'd be utterly rejoicing waaaay more than we are if it was us in their situation. But then that's the significant difference between the two fanbases - one has considerably more class than the other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly man, I cannot understand them as people. Even now, as fucked as they are, if they drew us in the cup next season and somehow beat us, that would buy the owners another 5 years of failure to get out of League One without complaint. 

You underestimate them, if their first team beat our kids in the Munchies Trophy they'll be tearing bouquets off motorway barriers to spread petals on their sisters bed. Y'know, to make it special.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They judge everybody by a single metric.

Did you, at any time, and regardless of failings prior or subsequent, get one over on the mags? If so, we will have you back at the club in a heartbeat because, like fucking soup brain Pickford, once the mags enter the equation, any and all logic or control of basic motor function becomes impossible. 

They're the weirdest fucking people. 

and yet oddly amongst the clamour for keane and at times allardyce poor peter reid gets overlooked despite taking them to their highest league placing for decades, twice.

it's like they're happiest circling the bowl.

as you say..... weird!

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Their obsession with us, and to avoid being like us significantly adds to the their own detriment. 

I mean, would they protest if a multi-billion dollar investment fund decided to buy them and transform them, simply because it would 'echo what the mags did' ? I genuinely think considerable numbers of them would. 

I echo the sentiment that, being objective,  it's a fucking travesty to witness a traditional football club being mismanaged in such a fucked up way. I'd hate for it to happen to my club so there is a tinge of sympathy for them. Not that they help themselves in any shape or form however. We all know they'd be utterly rejoicing waaaay more than we are if it was us in their situation. But then that's the significant difference between the two fanbases - one has considerably more class than the other.

I think Carlsberg are doing this travesty

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

They kept going on about Kevin Kyle for injuring Shearer in a challenge that effectively ended the latter’s playing career in his final season. They take that as a ‘win’ in a Tyne-Wear derby, at their place where they lost 4-1. This near the end of a season where they finished bottom of the table with 15 points / 3 wins and we qualified for Europe. 

• Like 4

Aye but you'd swap all of this optimism, wealth, and positivity for winning 6 derbies in a row and being football fwends with Gillingham (or whomever).

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

They kept going on about Kevin Kyle for injuring Shearer in a challenge that effectively ended the latter’s playing career in his final season. They take that as a ‘win’ in a Tyne-Wear derby, at their place where they lost 4-1. This near the end of a season where they finished bottom of the table with 15 points / 3 wins and we qualified for Europe. 

That's the perfect example. As a thing to cling on to, it's absolutely worthless, but the worthless becomes the achievement in their eyes. 

.... And that, boys and girls, is how you end up stuck in League One. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

A game they were winning with only 30mins to I seem to recall. Still .... so long as they curtailed the career of the best striker the Premier League has seen 3 matches early, then they'll take a moral victory. 

Horrible bastards. The single biggest issue with SAFC is not the owners, it's the supporters. Bitter obsessed cunts. 

• Like 4

It’s funny seeing them now demand the owners sell up when they took the piss out of us for similar. It’s also funny seeing them attach credibility to William Storey. He’s still an absolutely self-evident con artist with nothing like the funds required to buy them. But because he called out the owners for not being what they claim, something plenty on here suggested too, it now makes him a legitimate successor to these lot? :lol: I appreciate some of their fan base sees right through him but fucking hell, man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Arca not Kyle. Otherwise spot on. 

• Like 2

William Storey saying he has a team btw :lol:. Clearly him moving his milk crate around the upturned bin he’s using as a table and changing his voice to pretend he’s other people, the total fucking lunatic. 

I can’t agree more with what you’re all saying, it’s why I’ve long laughed when they call us obsessed whenever we discuss them - their obsession effects how they view their clubs achievement, if we both got relegated from the PL but they had finished bottom our fan base would take no solace in that, but if it was the other way round they absolutely would. I mean the fact they put ANY stock into this Storey bloke is 100% due to the fact he insults NUFC and the fan base fairly regularly, if he wasn’t doing that they’d likely ignore him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Very convenient timing on the sale of a percentage to trust fund boy #2 :lol:. Absolutely stitched the dope up there, selling him a non-controlling stake while having him foot the lions share of the liability. It’s also extremely telling that Donald and Methven are saying they’d sell at the same rate they sold prior percentages yet neither of Sartori or Dreyfus seemingly have interest in buying them out, either they don’t have the funds, or Donald is lying and wants to hold his shares praying that they fluke a promotion. He sold to Dreyfus out of necessity as he doesn’t have the money to cover that court case, this is actually getting worse by the day for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

William Storey saying he has a team btw :lol:. Clearly him moving his milk crate around the upturned bin he’s using as a table and changing his voice to pretend he’s other people, the total fucking lunatic. 

I can’t agree more with what you’re all saying, it’s why I’ve long laughed when they call us obsessed whenever we discuss them - their obsession effects how they view their clubs achievement, if we both got relegated from the PL but they had finished bottom our fan base would take no solace in that, but if it was the other way round they absolutely would. I mean the fact they put ANY stock into this Storey bloke is 100% due to the fact he insults NUFC and the fan base fairly regularly, if he wasn’t doing that they’d likely ignore him. 

Any excuse to post this again. 

motivator76765abe41dd511eba9bd2c38094e5baec430312.jpg.e0ba711ebc41428a4038fd45a362779a.jpg

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

A game they were winning with only 30mins to I seem to recall. Still .... so long as they curtailed the career of the best striker the Premier League has seen 3 matches early, then they'll take a moral victory. 

Horrible bastards. The single biggest issue with SAFC is not the owners, it's the supporters. Bitter obsessed cunts. 

Conceded 3 in about 5 mins iirc. :D 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Conceded 3 in about 5 mins iirc. :D 

And then finally the ONLY competitive goal of Albert Luque's spell with us, wasn't it? And Chopra too now I come to think about it :lol:

• Like 2