mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just now, Craig said:

Apparently not :lol:

image.png.858531319c5f5ca923fc569b6056ad2f.png

Had a quick look on .com and he scored a couple. Must’ve been the uefa cup run under Roeder but I can’t remember them. I think wiki only quotes league goals as a general rule 

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Kyle was absolutely shite btw. Exactly the sort of crap player that played for them, I think he ended up losing everything and working on the rigs, or as a deck hand on a ship. 

You might say his post-football career hasn’t been glamorous or successful but he once reached the last 256 of the Scottish Darts Open 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Had a quick look on .com and he scored a couple. Must’ve been the uefa cup run under Roeder but I can’t remember them. I think wiki only quotes league goals as a general rule 

Yeah it was Lillestrom in the Intertoto Cup in 2006. 

I have a feeling that was the match the weekend of the first Toontastic piss-up meet where we did 5-a-side in Eldon Square etc. 

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Apparently not :lol:

image.png.858531319c5f5ca923fc569b6056ad2f.png

Wiki only shows league goals on that part of a players page I think.  He scored against Palermo in what I think may have been Krul's debut.  I think he also scored in some of the Intertoto games if we're counting them as competetive.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Yeah it was Lillestrom in the Intertoto Cup in 2006. 

I have a feeling that was the match the weekend of the first Toontastic piss-up meet where we did 5-a-side in Eldon Square etc. 

I played in one of those. Undefeated iirc. They said me and Manc-Mag couldn’t be on the same side in future to make it competitive ;) 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

He scored the winner in Palermo. There was only me, essembee and 100 or so other hardy souls who made the trip :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I played in one of those. Undefeated iirc. They said me and Manc-Mag couldn’t be on the same side in future to make it competitive ;) 

Don't remember much about it tbh, it was almost 16 fucking years ago! :lol:

What does stick in mind however was the bag lady out in town pushing her trolley along wearing a brand new, just released NUFC shirt 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He scored the winner in Palermo. There was only me, essembee and 100 or so other hardy souls who made the trip :cuppa:

I remember the match and Krul having a blinder. Was Luque’s goal the header from the middle of the 6 yard box where the ball in was so good he just had to guide it in target? 

55 minutes ago, strawb said:

I hope that Storey tramp somehow ends up with the keys. It will be fucking hilarious 

Aye, if you were scripting this, it’s the only place for it to go to ensure maximum comic effect. Just the image of him in the directors box with that coat on would be funny enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

Don't remember much about it tbh, it was almost 16 fucking years ago! :lol:

What does stick in mind however was the bag lady out in town pushing her trolley along wearing a brand new, just released NUFC shirt 

I don’t remember a great deal either but you were definitely at the one I played in. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I just checked. Not sure why I thought it was Kyle. Nasty fucking challenge as well 

Arca got the South Shields job on the back of it after loads of them dumped SoL for SS.

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

Kyle was absolutely shite btw. Exactly the sort of crap player that played for them, I think he ended up losing everything and working on the rigs, or as a deck hand on a ship. 

I'm sure he was working on the docks at Stranraer as a baggage handler but not sure if that was pre-orcs or post-orcs?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Point of order: This is a thread about the mackems, why are there posts about European football matches in here ? eh ?? eh ?? 

Essembee will soon be along to tell us all about both their two-legged European ties in the sole season in the Cup Winner’s Cup 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t remember a great deal either but you were definitely at the one I played in. 

Considering I was at both, I would hope so. I think you went to the second one (the one my lass at the time came to). 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Considering I was at both, I would hope so. I think you went to the second one (the one my lass at the time came to). 

That’s the one, yes 👍 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s the one, yes 👍 

The first one was when the weather was scorching, we sat in the beer garden of the Hancock and Fish burned to a crisp :lol: 

Belisha Beacon (@BeaconBelisha) / Twitter

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Arca got the South Shields job on the back of it after loads of them dumped SoL for SS.

I'm sure he was working on the docks at Stranraer as a baggage handler but not sure if that was pre-orcs or post-orcs?

It must have been that, was after his spell in Mordor. I just remember reading an article about it where he was pictured in the bait room looking miserable, still I’m sure it beat living in Sunderland. 

Edit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-10k-a-week-scotland-rangers-star-3871174.amp

That’s the article. Not putting the lad down btw, good on him for not having an ego and just grafting after the money dried up. Just meaning this kind of drop off a cliff is synonymous with players who are regulars for them. 

Edited by Howay