mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

There's a fair few of them I've never heard of.  And that's not counting the caretakers.

That'll be because unlike them, we don't obsess about every minute detail regarding their club. 

Seriously though that comment is hilarious. If I didn't know better I'd say it was ironic sarcasm. but we all know it was fewmed with absolute seriousness.

It's kind of funny. They get so wound up about us for a club that's "got no chance of finishing top 4" and "will do worse next season" and will make "inevitable awful signings" etc etc :lol: 

They're in absolute pieces.

Anyway they've got our match to look forward to tonight. They'll cheer any arsenal goal louder than any mackem goal outside of a derby. 

They're not botha'd thorgh marra, am tellin ya!

• Haha 6

That Roker Mackem spouts some pure, unadulterated shite like. He’s the one who had is getting relegated this season. That was based on the stat he made up whereby no team had ever stayed up with as little possession as we had last season. Cue our good run up to and after the World Cup and we were going to win the league. Now we’re raging after a home draw against Leeds. The stupid fucking cunt is so blinkered regarding us that he can’t even agree with himself :lol: 

• Haha 6

Their match thread on our game was started less than an hour before KO last night and is at 38 pages. Ours was started 4 days ago and is 23 pages long. 

And we're the ones obsessed? :lol:

• Haha 5

This entire thread, about the whole panoply of mackem failings, started in May 2012, is 932 pages. 

Before it got hidden, wasn’t their “sportswashing” thread on 1000+? 

Gibbering inbred fools :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

This entire thread, about the whole panoply of mackem failings, started in May 2012, is 932 pages. 

Before it got hidden, wasn’t their “sportswashing” thread on 1000+? 

Gibbering inbred fools :lol:

They've had multiple threads, they had to keep starting new ones as page limits kept getting hit.

43 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They've had multiple threads, they had to keep starting new ones as page limits kept getting hit.

Yep current one is at 98 pages and entitled NUFC/Sportswashing - Winter 2022.

Remember winter started on December 21st. A fortnight ago today!

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yep current one is at 98 pages and entitled NUFC/Sportswashing - Winter 2022.

Remember winter started on December 21st. A fortnight ago today!

The history (note very bottom, they were interested in Sportswashing in 2018 - a massive 4 replies worth of interest, until weirdly in 2021 after 3 years of silence they became interested in it again): 55,128 posts on Sportswashing, plus another 4 if you count their outrage at Man City.

image.png.f6be4d0722d17a8d76b8041a43a113d6.png

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Craig said:

Managers they've had since they last beat us.

image.png.a8f36889320a8a2a9998ef93579e4020.png

:lol: It’s genuinely hilarious how they just make stuff up, decide it’s true, get annoyed/laugh about it, and then just recite it as fact. So they’ve had 8 managers in the last 6 years, we’re on our third. In fact to put it into perspective if you ignore caretakers we’ve had 9 in total since Ashley took over the club (that includes Allardyce who was appointed before the takeover, and Hughton that was kind of a weird default appointment due to Ashley fucking about). In that same time span Sunderland have had 16 different managers (again not including caretakers), but sure we’re the ones that hound managers out despite the fact they’ve basically averaged a manager per year for 15-16 years.  :lol: 

The best part is we don’t even bring this up! I’m only discussing it because this is the stick they’ve chosen to beat us with despite the complete opposite being true. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The other thing is that while it’s always ultimately a board / owner’s decision, they’ve literally hounded managers. By physically and verbally abusing them, even the ones who’ve done a relatively decent job, in a way in which our fanbase hasn’t. Still whatever fantasy makes them happy, at least until it starts to annoy them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Give them a break lads. I can say that because I've never met a mackem :) 

The last few years for them have been possibly the worst any of them could have imagined. When they finally scrap out of league one we get rid of Ashley and get the richest owners in the world. They might have thought there'd be a few years of frustration for us as we attempt to climb out of the Ashley rot. But no :lol: As we already mount a top 4 challenge every single one of them knows there's hundreds of millions yet to be spent and a trophy incoming in the not too distant future. Imagine if things were the other way around. 

Spare a thought...

Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

• Like 1

Mind tbf I can't decide if I should start hounding Howe out now after our failure to score in two consecutive matches. 

And more to the point, what is Toonpack's status now? I'll go out on a limb and say he can start the next Premiership match thread IF he sorts his out basic facts in the thread title. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Mind tbf I can't decide if I should start hounding Howe out now after our failure to score in two consecutive matches. 

And more to the point, what is Toonpack's status now? I'll go out on a limb and say he can start the next Premiership match thread IF he sorts his out basic facts in the thread title. 

I'll go out on a limb here also, with the benefit of knowing that my previous impeccable thread title delivered a clean sheet, I might add at the previously goal happy high flying Arsenal, and despite the outrageous negative, and dare I say it, misguided mackemish notions of pathetic impending doom (barely disguised as quips) that you can take your gracious "permission" to start another matchday thread, wrap it in barbed wire and stick it up your arse.

Thank you.

• Haha 3