mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Isegrim said:

:lol: The one from Fletch, I concede he’s spot on if they were better on and off the pitch than us then yes they’d be bigger - by his assessment I think he is saying that we are in fact the bigger club though. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The one from Fletch, I concede he’s spot on if they were better on and off the pitch than us then yes they’d be bigger - by his assessment I think he is saying that we are in fact the bigger club though. 

I think he can't speak English properly, but I concede that if they were bigger and better than us, they would be bigger and better than us. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I reckon that if they had richer owners, a better history, had a larger global profile, a bigger fanbase, had played loads more than us in Europe, had the more attractive city, had better players, were above us in the league and looked to be in a much better state going forward then they could probably argue they were the bigger club. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I reckon that if they had richer owners, a better history, had a larger global profile, a bigger fanbase, had played loads more than us in Europe, had the more attractive city, had better players, were above us in the league and looked to be in a much better state going forward then they could probably argue they were the bigger club. 

Rather than a shitty club from a shitty town with backward fans playing in a run down dump and owned by a mammy's boy and a couple of chancers🤣

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Donald Trump Debate GIF by Election 2016

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rosco said:

Rather than a shitty club from a shitty town with backward fans playing in a run down dump and owned by a mammy's boy and a couple of chancers🤣

image.gif.13c4a902fd814e88319e556ac7bbe146.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

That'll be Trippier who played 5 league games. What a thick cunt Deexiled is....

image.png.5130ba7a484bfafc98f6d3e78b17c0a2.png

you can only imagine the good folk from wherever it a was he departed from to fuck off back to sunderland must've been deliriously happy.

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

you can only imagine the good folk from wherever it a was he departed from to fuck off back to sunderland must've been deliriously happy.

Imagine if it was Saudi Arabia? win-win :lol:

When Johnson tried to intervene ages before the takeover was approved it had fuck all impact because all the PL were arsed about was the piracy issue and the Qataris being compensated. Even when they discuss what they’re pretending to be bothered about they can’t get their facts right. 

• Like 2

Gipetto on form again I see? In decades they'll say......'and in 2024 work started on the stadium extension due to a feel good factor but mainly it was because of fans from outside the area being attracted to the club due to watching the Netflix show'. 

(Also an 'imagine the reaction of the mags' comment. To be fair, imagination isn't a problem with a lot of that fanbase). 

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gipetto on form again I see? In decades they'll say......'and in 2024 work started on the stadium extension due to a feel good factor but mainly it was because of fans from outside the area being attracted to the club due to watching the Netflix show'. 

(Also an 'imagine the reaction of the mags' comment. To be fair, imagination isn't a problem with a lot of that fanbase). 

the cunts are surreal.

a quick look on the tele when they're on it and there's clearly thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl they claim is sold out. why the fuck would they even do that? unless of course they have sold the tickets but then it clashes with a wearside amnesty meeting and they fuck off to sunderland minster instead? or its cold? or something else, I dunno?

are they even extending their stadium in a few years time? and if so, what the fuck for?

• Haha 4

I think ewerk had seen their most recent accounts and worked out the average ticket price was the sort of figure you’d expect to pay to go and watch Blyth Spartans. Even then it’s not full 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the cunts are surreal.

a quick look on the tele when they're on it and there's clearly thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl they claim is sold out. why the fuck would they even do that? unless of course they have sold the tickets but then it clashes with a wearside amnesty meeting and they fuck off to sunderland minster instead? or its cold? or something else, I dunno?

are they even extending their stadium in a few years time? and if so, what the fuck for?

They could take out a loan like they did to fix the lift 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

“You only avoided relegation because you signed players in the month where you’re explicitly allowed to sign players” What an argument 

walter white GIF

• Haha 4

That Fulwell ‘73 company are canny good. I saw a really good doc on Sky Arts about Motown that they did that was very well done. Consider that and the fact they’re Sunderland fans and how ridiculous the club looked on Sunderland ‘til I Die. Good, sympathetic film makers made them look like a joke. It’ll definitely get them the odd foreign football hipster who thinks they’re so shite they’re cool. But that isn’t going to make them ‘massive’. Most foreign fans are glory hunters. The closest they get to glory is saying we never win any trophies either

• Like 3