mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gibbo’s match preview podcast he does for the chronicle has become my guilty pleasure. I could listen to the bloke talk all day. 

He’s decent crack like, I agree. Not listened to that though tbf 

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

I like Gelhardt from Leeds, but pinning your hopes on him to fire you to the Play Offs and beyond is setting yourself up for a pretty cold cup of Yorkshire Disappointea

If he does score 20 goals they can name a burger after him 👍🏻

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Stand by for claims that Barcelona was “founded” by mackems, they’re all MLF’s, and the formation of Barca Black Cats. 

Barcelona: Englishman Miles Barron revealed as club's first manager https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64403587

Nah, that's Real Madrid  that's why it's pronounced Reyal and not Reel Madrid marra

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Stand by for claims that Barcelona was “founded” by mackems, they’re all MLF’s, and the formation of Barca Black Cats. 

Barcelona: Englishman Miles Barron revealed as club's first manager https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64403587

Both were Newcastle fans (as a boy)

• Haha 7

I’ve been to West Auckland and seen that trophy in the little WMC and there’s not much of a  mackem vibe about the place. 

Plus even though it’s in Durham it more over the dales way, close to nowhere. 

I think even their bus to Newcastle takes about 3 days :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve been to West Auckland and seen that trophy in the little WMC and there’s not much of a  mackem vibe about the place. 

Des flims, des gifs — Stagecoach (1939)

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think you’ll find all of the historic ceremonial county of Durham is under mackem ownership 

• Haha 5

At least they can tell themselves they would have been promoted if this hadn't happened. Then they can extend the fantasy and convince themselves they would have played us off the park home and away and probably finished comfortably mid table. Just ahead of the mags. 

• Like 4

So honestly have to say the flag and scarf display at SJP on Tuesday was fucking tremendous. But I thought the mackems took the piss out of it and it was mag behaviour? But now this  Spirit of 37 (not many left to know what this about surely) are fund raising for a new set of flags. Fair enough, but this is one of the huge ones they're planning. A mackem derby win, of course. But fucking Borini man? :lol:

Is scoring against us literally all it takes to be a mackem legend nowadays. Honestly thought he was a (shit) loan player.

Screenshot_20230202_175609_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Renton said:

This thread is mackem gold. :lol:

Now that's the spirit of 37. 

Screenshot_20230202_181931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07aa19cc86de4cf8f6c1b043d2e66921.jpg

unbelievable really that they then go and undo the incredibly special bond they have with man utd by doing the poznan to them in 2012.

the cynic might be tempted to believe that the manc ftm union jack flag never existed in the first place.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 6