mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: Same as this tweet, they really don’t understand when they look like absolute fucking gimps. 

Special note for bringing up a bloke they care so dearly about yet they don’t even know his actual name btw :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Same as this tweet, they really don’t understand when they look like absolute fucking gimps. 

Special note for bringing up a bloke they care so dearly about yet they don’t even know his actual name btw :lol: 

Light on details that story (beyond the details you could find on the internet in less than 5 mins) 

• Haha 4

Their club sent a letter of congratulation to Partizan for beating us? 

Either did they fuck or if they did that has to be the lowest act of any club ever - even beating looking after a nonce. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Also like how Brown’s tweeted that thinking he’s emerged on top there. 

This is looking quite the mackem trait isn't it? 

"Yaz are foreva tayanted now, like."

[NUFC fan comes out with something reasonable and MLF can't answer back]

Next day.....

"Ah telt one of the fuckas yesterda like, ey just mumbled something back in embarrassment and was virtually clamped like, if he wasn't usually a deceynt enough lad for a mag ah might have took it a bit futher."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Here’s a good story for you. It also has the advantage of being true. For Sunderland’s first ever home European tie, only 21,000 turned up. I think Roker held about 40,000 at the time (possibly more). In the next round for their game v Sporting Lisbon about 31,000 turned up. Those are their only two home games in Europe to date. That’s on the back of having won the FA Cup at the end of the previous season (their sole post-war trophy to date). 

• Like 3

I couldn’t give a fuck tbh but it’s typical of them. I.e. to invent a story about going to a Partizan Belgrade game just to have a dig at the attendance at a Newcastle match that took place 20 years ago. Particularly as it’s nearly double what they got for their first ever match in a European competition 

• Like 2

I don't shut up, ever. I never stop talking and I'm usually talking about football. In all my days talking about football with fans of other clubs, not once have those oddities ever come up in conversation. There've been fans of clubs who hate Newcastle, those that don't care and those that have a soft spot for us. They've never pivoted the conversation to talk about Sunderland, unless it's to say how funny that Netflix show was.

If real life were anything like the fantasy that these fuckers create, I'd be having my eared chewed off by a Barcelona fan saying how much he respects the job Tony Mowbray is doing, or a Wimbledon fan saying how much he prefers Sunderland fans to us, or a Man Utd fan saying that the Poznan was just a lovely bit of banter from a classy bunch of lads. It doesn't happen though, because nobody else cares about them. To the wider football world, they're just another football club. Like Coventry, or Reading. They exist, and they get bums on seats for 70 minutes or so.

When away fans have to follow their team into Mordor, they either stay 15 miles away in Newcastle or get the fuck out ASAP. When they get them in the cup it'll be shrugged off as another unglamorous tie. 

Their football is mediocre, their managers are uninspiring, their stadium is generic, their atmosphere is flat, their city is a shithole, their people are at best insular at worst bigoted. The only thing that raises any eyebrow of recognition is because of their link to us. The only light that reaches Sunderland is what's left over from the massive spotlight that's on Newcastle, like that faint corona that remains as the sun is obscured by the moon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I don't shut up, ever. I never stop talking and I'm usually talking about football. In all my days talking about football with fans of other clubs, not once have those oddities ever come up in conversation. There've been fans of clubs who hate Newcastle, those that don't care and those that have a soft spot for us. They've never pivoted the conversation to talk about Sunderland, unless it's to say how funny that Netflix show was.

If real life were anything like the fantasy that these fuckers create, I'd be having my eared chewed off by a Barcelona fan saying how much he respects the job Tony Mowbray is doing, or a Wimbledon fan saying how much he prefers Sunderland fans to us, or a Man Utd fan saying that the Poznan was just a lovely bit of banter from a classy bunch of lads. It doesn't happen though, because nobody else cares about them. To the wider football world, they're just another football club. Like Coventry, or Reading. They exist, and they get bums on seats for 70 minutes or so.

When away fans have to follow their team into Mordor, they either stay 15 miles away in Newcastle or get the fuck out ASAP. When they get them in the cup it'll be shrugged off as another unglamorous tie. 

Their football is mediocre, their managers are uninspiring, their stadium is generic, their atmosphere is flat, their city is a shithole, their people are at best insular at worst bigoted. The only thing that raises any eyebrow of recognition is because of their link to us. The only light that reaches Sunderland is what's left over from the massive spotlight that's on Newcastle, like that faint corona that remains as the sun is obscured by the moon.

POST OF THE DECADE :nufc:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I couldn’t give a fuck tbh but it’s typical of them. I.e. to invent a story about going to a Partizan Belgrade game just to have a dig at the attendance at a Newcastle match that took place 20 years ago. Particularly as it’s nearly double what they got for their first ever match in a European competition 

I’m not going to look for the thread that is the source of the definitely true Partizan Belgrade story, but I’d be fairly fucking confident that it’s been generated off the back of Mitrovic’s comments after their comfortable loss to Fulham, as some type of “eeeeez a weird cunt marra all Partizan fans are actually lads fans they hate the mags” even though I’m pretty certain NUFC won’t enter the thoughts of Partizan Belgrade fans unless we are directly referenced. It’s so transparent how they come up with these ludicrous fables. 

I was at that game fwiw, it was cold and fairly pricy iirc, plus it was a qualifying round. Who gives a fuck what the attendance was though? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m not going to look for the thread that is the source of the definitely true Partizan Belgrade story, but I’d be fairly fucking confident that it’s been generated off the back of Mitrovic’s comments after their comfortable loss to Fulham, as some type of “eeeeez a weird cunt marra all Partizan fans are actually lads fans they hate the mags” even though I’m pretty certain NUFC won’t enter the thoughts of Partizan Belgrade fans unless we are directly referenced. It’s so transparent how they come up with these ludicrous fables. 

I was at that game fwiw, it was cold and fairly pricy iirc, plus it was a qualifying round. Who gives a fuck what the attendance was though? 

If you ever wanted to sum up everything about their fanbase it would be that  Bilbao Black Cats shite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3