If Aston villa look to go down?

Lake Bells tits

i dont want any of them, i hardly rate any of them, and half of them are bad enough that i wish they went to play for the scums.

Aye, N'Zogbia can be good but we don't need the hassle. Bent is good but where would he fit in to the squad? Agbonlahor is fast and occasionally good but would only be a squad player for us. Warnock is absolutely awful, Delph has barely played, Albrighton overrated and I know very little about Bannan but I'd say he's shit too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, i think Bent is just plain garbage. How he managed to make a footballing career out of her limited skills just astonishes me.

N'Zogbia can go pound sand, i dont want him anyone near us tbh. Abgonlahor does provide some nice pace and he might be the only 1 i would take, i think he could provide some depth up front but he would be warming the bench most of the time. Unless i can get him on a free and some really low wages then no thanks.

Yup. Madness to appoint him in the first place, don't know what he was thinking.

Lerner: Are you willing to accept a sh*t transfer budget

Martinez: No

Lerner: Oh well, nice to meet you anyway

Lerner: Are you willing to accept a sh*t transfer budget

McLeish: Absolutely!

Lerner: You're hired!

They have some decent players, I'd take Bent as back up for us if we could get him on 50k (£10m fee), wouldn't be too keen on taking anyone else, possibly Charlie, but he might erode our team spirit a bit. Aston Villa's squad is probably about the 10th-12th best in the division and that's where they should be. That's where their stature is, I think 10th is right for a club of their size, but having been at VP in May 2009, I have to say it would be one of the best non-Toon things in football ever. Before that day I had no feelings about Villa, just a boring non-entity, I had no identity they viewed themselves as "big", they're smaller than the mackems in some ways, but aye what goes round comes round, if it was us delivering the final blow at SJP, that would've been one of the most beautiful pieces of justice in world footballing history.

I'd not have Bent or N'Zogbia. Didn't Bent knock us back years ago in favour of a move to Charlton when we were top 4? Good poacher but I don't think the footballing side of things interests him much - certainly nowhere near as much as money does anyway. Characters like him are the opposite to what our excellent season has been built on. And Charlie's nowt but a little cunt anarl. Fuck them both.

Albrighton & Weimann have potential but that's about it. A couple of years ago I'd have said Agbonlahor but he's gone well off the boil.

Albrighton & Weimann have potential but that's about it. A couple of years ago I'd have said Agbonlahor but he's gone well off the boil.

A great athlete, but one of the most talentless footballers I can think of. Touch like Paul Wyn.

Looking more and more fucked as times goes on. Left it too late to change the manager. Can only assume Lerner presumed they'd be too good to go down, or the other clubs not good enough to stay up.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to me they're a proper, famous, old club that have been synonymous with the top flight during my lifetime at least. To have them not

They've just been dreadful all season, but not catastrophically so, thus the media glare has avoided them for the most part. They've done just enough to stay out of the zone but now they're right on the brink of it. They're got 3 really tricky ties coming up (the next one is a derby at the Hawthorns!), and have played a game more than Bolton.

There's a few clubs 'not my cup of tea' but who are proper famous old clubs where there can be a bit of needle and history when we play them. Villa are not really one of those like a Leeds, Man U, Man City or Liverpool for example. They wouldn't register on my radar if they dropped out the PL. They're a very fickle midlands fan base club who up to our relegation meant Jack Shit to me, I'm not even as pissed off as I was with them after the green eyed monster showed his face at Villa Park in that relegation match as a 6-0 drubbing and our present side compared to their current circumstances has mellowed my feelings. Would I like them to go down? It would be amusing but then again I'm not that arsed if it means we can give them a few scuddings while they're a bit shit and we're a bit good. For all their fans bullshit regarding their club they've also seen 2nd div football and even 3rd div football in the not too distant past. Anyway, they're not in the same league as any clubs we've had any previous with. Aston Beige Football Club to be honest, mate.

I can see Villa getting perhaps 1 more point but I don't think the teams below them will do enough.

I think that's their best hope: they've got the points already and the teams below have to earn enough to get past them.

McLeish is a terrible manager though. Could be a good bet for first manager to get the sack next season imo, if you believe Villa will stay up

Albrighton looked canny when he first came into the side but he's went right off as well. I'd take none of them tbh, as Stevie says, a good manager would probably have them flirting around top half and that's as good as it gets with that group. They were terrible at SJP.

I wouldnt take any of their players off them. None of them seem to have a good attitude and arent owt special. I can say it happily that i hope they go down, Can't stand their fans nor their supporting pundits. MASSIVE generalisation but they all seem really arrogant. E.g the infamous one:

Really? :o

I only got 16/1 when they were in the top half so I'd love to start using your booky.

I only got 12s at the end of Feb

The missus old man is a Villa season ticket holder so when we visit for the weekend I usually have a good chat about football with them in the pub, he see's them being in a similar position to us when we went down in the amount of overpaid shite on the books that needs clearing and that they've got the quality in their academy to come straight back up. His friend is a steward there and he thinks if they go down they will struggle.

Last time I spoke to him he said Lerner hasn't been to Villa Park all season which is a shift from the guy that was always there, looks like he's lost interest and is apparenly charging them interest on all of the money he puts in to cover their losses too.

It's not all Lerner's fault, O'Neill has to take some of the blame for some of the shite they're stuck with and he did stump up the cash for Bent last January who I think kept them up, you do get the feeling though that relegation is coming for them if not this year then next.