Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been done in the summer. Thanks to lille fucking around we've had to wait this long but Ashley will be chuffed he got an extra million knocked off the asking price.

Will be excited only if we bring in a striker and a centre back, otherwise we're counting on Cisse not getting injured (and given our luck this season; he will) which is a perilous position to be stuck in.

This thread seems quiet if it's all official...!

I, like any respectable media outlet, require 3 sources.

Or a picture of Debuchy in a Newcastle shirt celebrating his debut goal by hugging Neymar and the Beckenbauer clone by the east corner flag.

Ugh

Pardew said: 'We have a meeting and we will be discussing options in front of us. I don't think our policy will change too much. Money is tight here in terms of how we spend it.

'We try to get the best possible deal for the club but we do take into account where we are.

'We are in a battle to secure our Premier League status and make no bones about that.

'The trick really is to get our injured players back on the pitch. We need one or two of our senior players back in the dressing room. But one or two reinforcements will help.'

Does not sound promising to me

http://www.ouest-fra...ilInfosport.Htm

Lille: Garcia confirms departure of Debuchy

While Mathieu Debuchy happening medical visit in Newcastle, the English club, Rudi Garcia is back on the case at a press conference. Lille coach says nothing seems to prevent international tricolor discover the Premier League. "I want to say that the departure of Mathieu Debuchy n?'s Not official yet, although s? There are nine chances out of ten that eye is leaving in forty-eight hours to come, the technician commented northerner. Both the month July, all conditions n? were not met for a start, as here, there is more in the nature of things. Mathieu still wanted to leave LOSC, Newcastle returned to the charge and ultimately fell to the leadership? agreement ".

I think we can all agree that clears that up.

Edited by trophyshy

Alan Pardew has admitted he had to persuade the Newcastle United board to break their policy of not recruiting players over the age of 25 to land the France right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

Newcastle completed the signing of the 27-year-old for £.4.7 million today after the former Lille team-mate of Yohan Cabaye passed a club medical. "I have to say getting Debuchy over the line has been difficult in terms of the policy we've got," said Pardew. "He's 27 so you could argue we have broken that already.

"I saw him [Debuchy] on Wednesday night and it was difficult to explain the situation we're in because, in the summer, when he was first meant to be coming he probably thought we were going to be a top-eight side.

"It was a different conversation but nevertheless I think he understands we have had some unusual issues to deal with this year. If we can get our best team out there, there is no doubt we have a great side.

"I'd like to think our fans are more knowledgable than they are given credit for. I'd like to think, when they look at the teams we're putting out and the team we could put out, they know that we're a million miles from there. Mike Ashley [the owner] has to be even more supportive in this window, he has to find the extra money for a striker because we're not going to find a striker for the money we've received for Demba Ba.

"Debuchy's addition is going to help. Our distribution at the back has been a key area. It has to improve. He will definitely improve that and he willdefend that side of the pitch as well as anyone in the country.

"The problem is getting a striker in during the window and it's not easy. We have got Papiss [Cissé], who has suffered a little bit because our midfield has not been as strong this season. If I can get Cabaye fit again, I'm a bit stronger in there and we can play Papiss through the middle more which is best for him.

"It depends which sort of striker we get. There are a couple of options. We do need a goalscorer. Whether it's a striker or a wide player he needs to be a recognised goalscorer."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/pardew-forces-board-uturn-to-buy-debuchy-8437815.html