Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was.

The sense of humour in parts will have had Johnny Foreigner scratching his garlicky head.

The Queen and Bond :lol:

Yup, now, lets steal the foreigner's stuff, refuse to speak their languages and basically wander about with an air of entitlement.

Danny Boyle had a leading role in making my favourite ever film, and for me he's now produced the greatest opening ceremony to any event ever. It was fantastic. I think £9billion is too much for our country to pay for an event like this but it's not a night for moaning, I doubt there's a country on earth could put a better show on than that.

It's very sad that we as a people, and as a nation feel embarrassed to say we're a great country, and feel guilty about being proud of our accomplishments, which in my opinion piss all over any other countries in terms of what we have given modern life, but we're moaning cunts and choose to focus on shit things we've done, and the bad things about the country. However, I feel proud tonight we can put that on for the world. It says it all when a frog admits we're the birth place of organised competition, and for a frog to say "the Olympics are coming home", nothing more needs saying. When all said and done, I think we are the centre of the world in many ways, and although it can be a heartless, cold, metropolis, I think London has a good right to claim to be the greatest city on earth in some regards, certainly it was recognised as such this year above New York, in terms of most aspects like knowledge and economic activity. So for two weeks hopefully we'll all pipe down about recessions, how much it's costing and celebrate what we can do and achieve.

Thought the Mr Bean bit was canny, the only bit I would've changed is to put a little bit in celebrating our football heritage, and you couldn't have bettered it.

Cracking show. I was in the local club and there was old men cheering, women crying, you could have heard a pin drop. And most of them didn't even realise what it was until it started. I fucking love that it's riled some people up as well :lol: Danny Boyle should feel very proud

Enjoyed that last night. good to see this place full of appreciation and not whingers thinking its fashionable (as per twitter).

I just wanted to get through it pride intact but do think they made a cracking job of it.

The start was fucking bizzarre. When the industrial revolution came IMO thats when it started to get good.

The show was amazing, some weird parts, the music stuff with the guys texting, WTF was that about, in general it was amazing though and the fireworks was wow. Then a fantastic touch with the torch.

Then spoilt by a greedy bin dipping twat. Do us a favour, retire McCartney and take that big chinned twat Forsyth with you.

Frank Skinner on the radio there saying that when the kids were shown singing on the Giants' Causeway right at the start, he turned to his lass and said "Oh we've been there, we went there after that wedding", to which she replied ".... That wasn't me."

Reckons that took the edge off the whole thing for him. :lol:

Frank Skinner on the radio there saying that when the kids were shown singing on the Giants' Causeway right at the start, he turned to his lass and said "Oh we've been there, we went there after that wedding", to which she replied ".... That wasn't me."

Reckons that took the edge off the whole thing for him. :lol:

:lol:

Legend :lol: