This missing bairn in Croydon

catmag

Police have found a body in her grandmothers house and the "step-grandfather" who has been giving interviews all week is missing and not to be approached.

How the hell do you hide a child's body fr a week in her own gran's house unless the gran knows about it, and why has it taken the police a week to look in the house itself??

Can't get my head round how horrible this is. Poor bairn RIP x

Poor bairn, poor family. Would destroy my life :(

Tell you what, this is the exact crime I would agree to capital punishment for. When guilty, without doubt. Murder the fucker. End their life. I know the arguments against it, but still. Death, the only judgement that fits the crime.

Yeah Wolfy, fuck right off.

I hate these stories, I really, really hate them. When I first heard about it my thoughts immediately turned to Holly and Jessica, Milly Dowler, Sarah Payne, the awful inevitability of an announcement like today's. :(

Guest CabayeAye

He was always the prime suspect. With murders, the first port of call should always be family and friends.

It's a sad fact, but it's true.

Hate hearing this stuff and would that the sick bastards had enough humanity to realise their urges aren't right and will destroy these kids and their families and seek help or just fucking top themselves to be honest. By a coincidence I dreamt last night I'd lost my youngest and couldn't find her. At least I could wake up and realise it's just a bad dream. The living nightmare that poor child suffered and her family now suffer is unimaginable.

RIP :(

God that's awful. Don't even have any of my own but if owt were to happen to my niece I would break down, can't imagine what this must be like for her family :(

I know the Viz top tip about arresting the biggest crier at the press conference is a tad dark but sadly it seems to be correct too often - its no comfort for families involved in stuff like this but I suppose the "positive" is that it shows that the sometimes paranoia about monsters lurking around every corner in wait for strangers is mostly bollocks - sadly monsters seem to look close to home.

Of course if this bastard actually went for the Gran as a route to the bairn it makes it even worse.

You get these tragic events every 2-3 years it seems. I don't want to sound insensitive but, considering the UK population is 60 million, I find that a bit reassuring. These fucks are incredibly rare freaks who have nowt to do with being human.

A Grandmother at 46 with a 12 year old granddaughter?

Becoming all the more common unfortunately. I'm frequently seeing new grandmothers in their early 30's at work. All it takes is a 15 year old to have a daughter who then has a child at 15 herself.

I'm really struggling to get my head round the fact that there was a body in that house for a week without the grandma knowing, or was the poor bairn murdered elsewhere and her body brought back to the house when he realised police had widened the search and he panicked.

It's really played on my mind overnight :(

Becoming all the more common unfortunately. I'm frequently seeing new grandmothers in their early 30's at work. All it takes is a 15 year old to have a daughter who then has a child at 15 herself.

I'm really struggling to get my head round the fact that there was a body in that house for a week without the grandma knowing, or was the poor bairn murdered elsewhere and her body brought back to the house when he realised police had widened the search and he panicked.

It's really played on my mind overnight :(

Seen a few articles which suggest the police think it's possible the body was moved between neighbouring lofts.

I met a woman last year who was 57 who had a 40 yr old daughter and a 23 yr old grand-daughter which is obviously a 17 year double generation - the grand-daughter had broken the mould up to that point.

Well if a child is born to a 15 year old mother then they're already unlikely to get the sort of upbringing that would ensure that they don't make the same mistake. It's a vicious circle.