Not even remotely bothered by this, mark my words he's going struggle big time in the premier league with teams not giving him as much time on the ball

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classy player when fit, but so rarely fit I wouldn't risk relying on him being our first choice. Personally, I'd flog him now or in the winter window.

He's no Wade Boggs.

Good signing and out of the blue. Decent replacement for Cabaye. Colour me happy

have you got him mixed up? he doesn't play the same kind of style or position as Cabaye at all, he plays the #10 role, and even then he's not the most creative or quick.

He's a workhorse tbh, only good thing is he's been captain of ajax so he'll be a bit of a leader further up the pitch.

:shrug: personally from what i've seen i'm not fussed about this in the slightest, not sure what's got you so happy.

guess we'll see.

Each to their own, far from enough to make me give a slightest of a fuck these days, personally i think he's going be brutal, so whether it's him being brutal or colback being woeful, makes no odds.

Would be nice to be wrong but we'll see.

like i said, him and Cabaye aren't similar at all (he rarely played the classic number 10 role for us imo anyway), S.DeJong hasn't got half the passing ability of cabaye for a start, pardew will love him because he's a worker, he's not really strong, he's not fast at all, he's not got the passing ability or the technique, but he's got an engine and will do a bit of organising.

He's basically the jonas engine of the #10 shirt.

pardew will love him because he's a worker, he's not really strong, he's not fast at all, he's not got the passing ability or the technique, but he's got an engine and will do a bit of organising.

He's basically the jonas engine of the #10 shirt.

Pretty much describes his brother. Kuyt was a bit like that, so it may not be the worst signing we've made.

Anything is an improvement in shola.

Grenier is the one I'm hoping for.

Fuck me, did Ant have Switzerland in the sweepstake or something?

More miserable than Lawrenson.

Safety ;)

lol i've the argies, but no they've just got a long long way to go before i jump on the "omg a great signing at last!" bus

he's not one imo, sorry but for the lads who said he is i hope you've seen more of them than i have, and it's not a case of "he cost 6m, he must not be average!"

be nice to be wrong in this instance but we'll see. he's reasonably tall btw so you know what that means for our set pieces :lol:

Looking at those goals, more like Shearer and NOTHING like Jonas.

so the midfielder is more like a world record signing striker :lol:

(btw looking at that video and creaming your pants, most of those goals were from 2-3 seasons ago going by the kits)

Good news & well done. We need more like it though. I hope its just a concidence that it follows hard on the heels of amalfitano and tavernier going.....I would hate to think that our recruitment of players like this is utterly dependent on the fringe players leaving.

I really can't call how this one will turn out success wise so I'm not going to.

He's a decent player anyway - I can see him behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 or perhaps centre forward in a 4-3-3. He seems fairly versatile anyway & I imagine he would have been at the World Cup if not for injury last season.