Yoan Gouffran

Tooj

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get too hung up on the fee like. I couldnt care if he was £10M or £1M he is the same player and Ill reserve judgement till I see him in our side.

Fee means fuck all. Cabaye was £4.5 million and Tiote was £3 million. Hopefully another Car diamond in the rough.

I do agree with Stevie. Whether he's a big man or not I think we really could do with a player up top that can hold the ball and bring others into play. Whether or not we progress to a more attractive style of play, most successful clubs are able to retain secession up top.

From what I understand this lad isn't someone who's going to do that.

The fee is irrelevant, especially as his contract is up at the end of the season, but from what's been said about him and his stats, I really can't see him being a replacement for Ba!

i see him as a replacement for ranger - who to be fair has played way too many minutes this season - than a replacement for ba. hopefully there's a replacement there still to come, given we were going to splash out the best part of 10m on remy

People complain about long ball despite available players restricting us to it

People complain about buying players that will allow us to play passing football

From his verified twitter feed

yoan gouffran@YGouffran

Demain je serai un nouveau joueur de Newcastle et je suis fier merci a tous...bises

My decade and 1/2 ago A-Level French translates that as." Tomorrow I'll be a Newcastle player, and I'm FIRE!, thanks to everyone... kisses"

Some other translated tweets:

"Big thank you to all those who supported me in the good and the bad, I thank the leadership and staff employees of the club"

"Growing up, I needed a new challenge so I hope you will respect my choice ... I will follow the results of the Girondins"

Oddly enough most of his goals on YouTube come from long balls.

He'll fit right in.

Nobody has a problem with scoring goals from long balls - that would be retarded.

People have a problem with booting it long & conceding possession achieving nothing apart from inviting an opposition attack. I imagine most goals scored in the premier league don't come from 15-20 pass combinations - probably most likely to be less than 10 passes anyway.

If he scores from long balls people will go mad like usual. Krul > Shola > Ba > Goal, from Man United at home last year for instance.

Would have liked someone like Doumbia/Gomis in. I'm guessing Gouffran will probably play on the wing of a 4-3-3 as well

That should be the plan.

Hopefully going to a 433 with Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko/Anita in the middle, Gouffran and Marveaux on the wing and then Cisse up the middle.

Edited by Bictor

I hope he doesn't play winger like, his end product is supposedly as bad as Jonas and Obertans there. Can only be ok if he's set to cut inside from the left like Ba when Cisse was doing everything he's not doing now. I hope Haidara has an ok end product though, would be nice to see at least one good left foot(not Fergie) on the left side for once.

Edited by Aeris

I hope he doesn't play winger like, his end product is supposedly as bad as Jonas and Obertans there. Can only be ok if he's set to cut inside from the left like Ba when Cisse was doing everything he's not doing now.

Which is exactly what I'd expect him to do with Ben Arfa doing the same on the right, Cabaye in the hole with Tiote and Anita in the engine room.

Edited by StellarStripes