Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Which is the point I was making earlier that the claims come from a dodgy source.

To be fair Eurosport France and Get France Football (which have been surprisingly reliable for our Gallic dealings) were reporting it at the time.

Laurens might be right, but it'd be no surprise if he did leave this summer as I can't imagine his value will go up that much more and we're in a fairly good league position at the mo.

:lol: "Bye bye NUFC!" Is a caption by him? or is it that NUFC stats account doing it?

That's from the NUFC Stats account.

Fucking drama llamas

"The transfer market is open, so things can happen any day, but I am focused on Newcastle," he told Telefoot. "If anything should happen, it will. I hope I'll leave for a bigger club one day, but I don’t know when.

"England is my priority. If Wenger calls, I'll have a man-to-man discussion with him and then we'll see. Arsenal has always been the club of my heart.

"I hope I'll improve to win the Champions League one day. I don’t want to set limits to myself. I want to go higher. That's my goal."

Can you imagine one of Keegan's players or even Sir Bobby's coming out with statements like that? The stench of mediocrity and small time thinking is stinking our club out since Ashley came to our club. You can't tell me the prospective players aren't briefed on the Ashley model in negotiations. There's not even a pretence of ambition. 'Yeah, we're not a big club, but do the business and we'll let you join one.' Too many of our players come out with these statements, there's obviously no worries about getting a slap on the wrist by the club from them.

Aye it's all above board at Newcastle these days. There's no real attempt to hold on to players - they're happy to move them on & pocket the profits. I imagine they let the players know before they even buy them.

Even in the mission statement it says we're a selling club - that said it might not be so bad if we can get a decent manager in.

No point in getting worked up about it in my opinion. I'd actually rather the players were honest about it than just jumping ship without any notice. The only thing I find frustrating is that the club, normally through Pardew, would now start hawking him around the PL. Since Pardew isn't here, maybe this won't happen.

I'm not going to join you in applauding him for being honest. He might be saying what we all expect, but it's just disrespectful to us fans to say it.

Either way, I just desperately hope we sell him in the summer, not this month.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

A year ago I would have said the same thing but ultimately, I think it's one of those things where it actually bothers me less if I just accept that this is the way this stuff is.

Agreed on your latter point - and I actually think the signs are good in that respect. Wenger doesn't look poised to make a move, and he's supposedly the only one interested.

There's not an obvious immediate place for him at the type of clubs that he'd be looking to move to. Arsenal are overrun with attacking midfielders and while none of them are really in the same mould as Sissoko, he's not what they need at all.

I think that's why I'm not massively concerned the he will leave this month. Last year there had been plenty of interest in Cabaye and he'd made it very clear in the summer that he wanted to leave. Sissoko has only said the same thing that we know all of the players think. It's disrespectful and the club shouldn't be allowing it but it's more likely that they actively encourage it.