Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suppose you could also argue that the powerbrokers in the City could very easily just abandon the UK. It's not like this is actually an existential crisis for them, just an inconvenience.

The can't. Mainland Europe is over regulated with reg to banking and capital transparency. Int's how over the last two decades we've moved further ahead.

London is basically the crooks financial base.

Edited by Park Life

So it IS an existential crisis? Good, we can see how much control they really have then. I hope they get a fucking kicking for their role in this.

I reckon London financial access will be the first thing discussed. :lol:

In all reality if any of the crook banks had to move the operation to Frankfurt they'd end up in jail or paying massive fines. It would be banking Armageddon. Germans aren't 'light touch' so to speak.

It's at the top of this thread?

:lol:  i don't get why the jug eared tit doesn't just post - why bother trying to get on the wind up while lurking in the shadows? 

:lol:  i don't get why the jug eared tit doesn't just post - why bother trying to get on the wind up while lurking in the shadows? 

Because he is a gutless twat supporting the most moronic action the UK government has pursued since Charles the 1st decided he wanted to Catholic things up a bit.

Because all hes bothered about is that the side he backed won. Same with the Cameron, greatest PM of his lifetime.

Politics is like football to him, he picks a team and hopes it wins, there is no deeper consideration given than that.

Because he is a gutless twat supporting the most moronic action the UK government has pursued since Charles the 1st decided he wanted to Catholic things up a bit.

And this:

GVh8ZNg.jpg

True. What's just happened to CT's avatar is a microcosm for what has effectively happened to Brexiters. Voted for 'freedom', ended up looking like bellends.

They'll still go on like they've won a competition or something.

We had a bit of a team meeting last night about how orders have taken a dip. No jobs at risk YET didn't stop a few panicking. I took more joy in reminding the Brexitteers that they brought it on themselves than I should have. I'd bite their hand off for a redundancy payout tbf

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

nice ft video explainer on the complexities david davies faces as he tries to wave his willy 

That was good, thanks. Not sure the FT is quite getting away with think 'punk' bit though. Presumably to make them look more approachable to ordinary people?

From EU leaked draft charter:

''It suggests the model for the future could be a form of associate membership, currently enjoyed by Ukraine.

Ukraine is granted substantial market access under its deal but it is not subservient to EU law or the European court of justice.

Neither does the arrangement require the observance of free movement rules and it allows Ukraine to negotiate its own free trade deals.

However, it would require “a substantial payment” to the EU budget by the Treasury, potentially as much as half of as much as it pays today, according to a recent study of this model by the Centre for European Policy Studies think tank.'' :D